Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Looks like R4 Longwave (and others) are coming to BBC Sounds app so maybe it will become readily available to this plugin as well.

See the replies to ...
    https://twitter.com/profoundluck/sta...123964417?s=21
    I didn't see any info about R4 Longwave coming to BBC Sounds. I just saw links to some R4 Longwave programmes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I didn't see any info about R4 Longwave coming to BBC Sounds. I just saw links to some R4 Longwave programmes.

There are some replies from "somebody in the know" on those tweets.

On another note, I have created a plugin that uses the UK RadioPlayer API (IMHO the best UK radio aggregator), that does have the RW4LW etc included.
    I'm finding the plugin useful, so I intend to release it.

I'm just thinking about how to release it. They do have security on their API, so I'm not sure they would want it open sourced and distributed in the 3rd party plugins. (mind you, that hasn't stopped Spotty)

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    There are some replies from "somebody in the know" on those tweets.

On another note, I have created a plugin that uses the UK RadioPlayer API (IMHO the best UK radio aggregator), that does have the RW4LW etc included.
    I'm finding the plugin useful, so I intend to release it.

I'm just thinking about how to release it. They do have security on their API, so I'm not sure they would want it open sourced and distributed in the 3rd party plugins. (mind you, that hasn't stopped Spotty)
    Twitter seem to make it difficult to see all the replies without jumping through hoops. I've seen them now.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

It would seem R4 LW does exist on BBC sounds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_fourlw

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Woodward View Post
    It would seem R4 LW does exist on BBC sounds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_fourlw
    Must be new. Still not on the app.

Edit Although it looks suspiciously like Radio 4

Last edited by slartibartfast; 2021-06-21 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    There is obviously a problem with your LMS install. Probably corruption. I'm not sure what the answer is. I would wipe the sd card and install all picoreplayer from scratch again. Although I presume you have already done that?

It might be worth creating a new thread in the "Logitech Media Server" forum so you can get wider support rather just from those who are reading the BBC Sounds thread.
    Thank you for your comments. Yes, I have already re-installed picoreplayer (no improvement) and have also just created a new thread on "Logitech Media Server" as you suggest. I hope for the best - it's probably very simple to solve - when you know how. Very strange that the problem appeared overnight whilst everything was closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by fmanchu View Post
    Thank you for your comments. Yes, I have already re-installed picoreplayer (no improvement) and have also just created a new thread on "Logitech Media Server" as you suggest. I hope for the best - it's probably very simple to solve - when you know how. Very strange that the problem appeared overnight whilst everything was closed down.
    Cool, and I see that Michael has spotted what the problem is straight away.
    Last edited by expectingtofly; 2021-06-23 at 02:55.

Quote Originally Posted by fmanchu View Post
    As Michael points out, your computer thinks it's 1/1/1970 ! . As you have already rebooted your server many times, the problem is probably at your router end and it is failing to connect to the NTP server to get the time. I would first of all reboot your router, then reboot your picoreplayer.

By default (at least it is how mine is setup and I do not think I changed it) pCP gets the time via ntp from pool.ntp.org

It does this via a script /usr/bin/getTime.sh

If your networking is taking a very long time to come up when rebooting pCP then this can fail.

The time can also drift ... so on my system I have a custom cron command of
    0 6 * * * /usr/bin/getTime.sh
    which means that the time gets a resync every morning at 06:00

So - as an experiment ... start ssh session to your pCP and type
    date
    sudo /usr/bin/getTime.sh
    date
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    By default (at least it is how mine is setup and I do not think I changed it) pCP gets the time via ntp from pool.ntp.org

It does this via a script /usr/bin/getTime.sh

If your networking is taking a very long time to come up when rebooting pCP then this can fail.

The time can also drift ... so on my system I have a custom cron command of
    0 6 * * * /usr/bin/getTime.sh
    which means that the time gets a resync every morning at 06:00

So - as an experiment ... start ssh session to your pCP and type
    date
    sudo /usr/bin/getTime.sh
    date
    Thank you for your suggestion which sounds promising. But, sorry to be so helpless, I have no idea how to start a 'ssh session' on my pCP. Please help when you get a moment. Thank you.