Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Lost my GUI

Lost my GUI

Added a NAS to the network and LMS and now there is no GUI when invoking "Open Web Control", just links. Spent the last hour or so researching, googling, checking my settings, but no luck. Can someone help me straighten this out? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by webnick View Post
    Added a NAS to the network and LMS and now there is no GUI when invoking "Open Web Control", just links. Spent the last hour or so researching, googling, checking my settings, but no luck. Can someone help me straighten this out? Thanks.
    I think you need to specify which hardware you have.
    Where do you run LMS?

My first thought is identical IP adr. on the NAS and LMS
    Dan
    RPI newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sota748 View Post
    I think you need to specify which hardware you have.
    Where do you run LMS?

My first thought is identical IP adr. on the NAS and LMS
    This is Squeezebox Classic ethernet connected to Router; LMS running on W10 PC. Invoking Web Control goes to http://127.0.0.1:9000/ and a page of links. No GUI.

This is Squeezebox Classic ethernet connected to Router; LMS running on W10 PC. Invoking Web Control goes to http://127.0.0.1:9000/ and a page of links. No GUI.
    All components use DCHP for IP adr. ? (NAS + SC + W10 PC)
    Dan
    RPI newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sota748 View Post
    All components use DCHP for IP adr. ? (NAS + SC + W10 PC)
    Are you asking if each component has an IP address? Both the PC and the SC have DHCP addresses.

Our Squeezer apps are still displaying and performing correctly.

The NAS is still a problem in that LMS recognizes it but says its empty (which it isn't).

OK, so now the problem appears to be a Firefox browser conflict b/c I was able to successfully display the LMS web control via the Mircrosoft Edge browser.

OK, so further research suggested clearing cache - did that, and much of the GUI is back, but not all. Still haven't figured out why LMS wouldn't recognize music files on NAS so connected it to my PC and now LMS sees all those files. Sure would like to know why.
    Last edited by webnick; 2020-10-10 at 20:35.

Are you asking if each component has an IP address? Both the PC and the SC have DHCP addresses.

The NAS is still a problem in that LMS recognizes it but says its empty (which it isn't).

OK, so now the problem appears to be a Firefox browser conflict b/c I was able to successfully display the LMS web control via the Mircrosoft Edge browser.

OK, so further research suggested clearing cache - did that, and much of the GUI is back, but not all. Still haven't figured out why LMS wouldn't recognize music files on NAS so connected it to my PC and now LMS sees all those files. Sure would like to know why.
    How did you tell LMS to use the NAS as your music library location?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ok, that I did understand from your first post, if Squeezer is function this do not have anything to do with IP adr.

Still haven't figured out why LMS wouldn't recognize music files on NAS so connected it to my PC and now LMS sees all those files. Sure would like to know why.
    Normally this have something to do with permissions.

In LMS, how is the NAS mount setup up?
    Mine looks like this
    Name:  Capture_1.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  55.9 KB

In the NAS there need to be a setup that match the setup in LMS
    Mine looks like this
    Name:  Capture_2.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  189.1 KB

When the setup between NAS & LMS is OK, you can browse to the folder where your music is stored
    Name:  Capture_3.JPG
Views: 331
Size:  79.0 KB
    Dan
    RPI newbie

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How did you tell LMS to use the NAS as your music library location?

Gave up trying to have the NAS, a 3 terabyte USB drive, attached to the router - LMS just wouldn't recognize it's contents. So, disconnected it from the router and attached it to the PC as Drive E, and then in Control Panel listed the NAS in the Library as Drive E. That works, although not as well as it could because when W10's Media Player rips my CDs into .wav files it fails to list the track title for track no. 1 on all the LPs I've ripped (curiously listing the name of the file of that track correctly) such that LMS fails to show the first track on all these LPs unless I go to them as follows: My Music > Music Folder > E - and then each artist in E is listed, whereupon clicking on an artist displays the LPs ripped including track no. 1 for each LP. Looks like this on the drive:

01 Hells Bells.wav 1 Track 1 Unknown Artist Unknown Album
    02 Shoot to Thrill.wav 2 Shoot to Thrill AC/DC Back in Black

But if I try to access an artist via Album Artists, track 1 is not listed for any LP. So until I figure out why media player is doing this, this function of LMS won't be able to work as well as it could.

Yikes, so much work to get this to function as it should. Certainly it's me, not the software. Regardless, I really do appreciate your help. Thanks.

Gave up trying to have the NAS, a 3 terabyte USB drive, attached to the router - LMS just wouldn't recognize it's contents. So, disconnected it from the router and attached it to the PC as Drive E, and then in Control Panel listed the NAS in the Library as Drive E. That works, although not as well as it could because when W10's Media Player rips my CDs into .wav files it fails to list the track title for track no. 1 on all the LPs I've ripped (curiously listing the name of the file of that track correctly) such that LMS fails to show the first track on all these LPs unless I go to them as follows: My Music > Music Folder > E - and then each artist in E is listed, whereupon clicking on an artist displays the LPs ripped including track no. 1 for each LP. Looks like this on the drive:

01 Hells Bells.wav 1 Track 1 Unknown Artist Unknown Album
    02 Shoot to Thrill.wav 2 Shoot to Thrill AC/DC Back in Black

But if I try to access an artist via Album Artists, track 1 is not listed for any LP. So until I figure out why media player is doing this, this function of LMS won't be able to work as well as it could.

Yikes, so much work to get this to function as it should. Certainly it's me, not the software. Regardless, I really do appreciate your help. Thanks.
    Try using something other than Windows Media Player to rip your CDs.
    Probably better to rip to FLAC as well for better tag support.

On my first NAS go around I used EAC to rip wav files, but it was oh soooooo slow and I found it difficult with which to work. But that was a different NAS hardware solution. Perhaps, I'll try using EAC again here. Thanks for the suggestions.