Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Losing button presets and how do these actually work?

Is there any good information around on how the SBR stores the six button presets?

Periodically, and especially after a power outage, I find that some/all of my preset buttons no longer work.

My solution is to use the longer list of favourites that I have to recall the stations of interest and then re-save them by long pressing the buttons, but it drives me batty to understand what's behind this problem.

I can't find anywhere in the LMS app which shows what is stored in these buttons - or am I missing anything?

Squeezebox Radio using LMS 8.0.0 running under piCorePlayer 6.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    Is there any good information around on how the SBR stores the six button presets?

Periodically, and especially after a power outage, I find that some/all of my preset buttons no longer work.

My solution is to use the longer list of favourites that I have to recall the stations of interest and then re-save them by long pressing the buttons, but it drives me batty to understand what's behind this problem.

I can't find anywhere in the LMS app which shows what is stored in these buttons - or am I missing anything?

Squeezebox Radio using LMS 8.0.0 running under piCorePlayer 6.1.0
    Install the "Presets "Editor" plugin?

Name:  presets.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  98.4 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.1 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP v7.0.0b6 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0b6/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi

I lose presets when switching back to mysqueezebox.com

I understand that the presets are different depending on if you are using logitech media server (LMS) or mysqueezebox.com as ther server. I run LMS when I want to listening to my own music, but most of the time I listen to a streaming stations using mysqueezebox.com. The issue I am seeing is when I switch back to mysqueezebox.com, I lose its presets.

Can anyone help to resolve this?

thank you

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Install the "Presets "Editor" plugin?
    With huge apologies, as I didn't spot this prompt reply - that's helped me understand - thank you!

I now realise that there is no link between favourites and presets. In the absence of a presets editor, I'd been assuming that favourites drove the buttons, but couldn't see how that worked.

Now I've got the presets editor, I can see how the two are separate, but there is now an interface to expose them in LMS - which is great.

Presumably the settings are stored in the prefs file. And I'm now wondering if they're not explicitly stored in there instantly, and so a power loss to the Pi running LMS could lose them if they're only cached?

Either way, I'm definitely now more in control and appreciate the pointer.
    Server: LMS 8.0.0 on piCorePlayer 6.1.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios, and direct from the server using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface

I've always found the Presets - whether in LMS or MySB - a tad flaky........ One thing that the Presets Editor plugin makes easy is to save a copy of what you actually have, either by copy/paste to a text file, or via a screengrab. Old fashioned, and a tad manual, but handy.
    LMS 8.0.1 (1606118512)
    Win10
    Control: Web GUI; sometimes OrangeSqueeze on Android phones / pads

Machines / devices are in France, in two locations.
    a) Sagem Livebox
    Internal HDD (FLAC music; mp3 voice), Desktop
    3 x Touch - 2 wireless, 1 LAN. (7.8.0-r16754)
    3 x SB Radios [2 wireless, 1 LAN] (7.7.3-r16676)
    1 x Riva Arena (via Airplay LMS PlugIn)

b) Freebox
    External SSD (all mp3), WiFi Laptop
    1 x Touch LAN (Firmware:7.8.0-r16754)
    2 x SB Radios, Wireless (7.7.3-r16676)