Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

KEF LS50 II wireless

Anybody using this and integrated with LMS multiroom system? Or an alternative to LMS / PCP?

I don't think it's in the wild until later in October or early November

John Darko has a review. Seems to hit a lot of buttons ..... huge flexibility ..... so to speak .... will be watching as need a system for kitchen!

I have far more expensive speakers... but use first gen KEF LS50 most of the time. A phenomenal speaker at any price. I can't imagine the current gen to sound noticeably better. I have compared them to $20k+ speakers, too. I also own the Reference 1s, and they sound great too, but the difference is slight, honestly, hard to justify the extra $6k. Plus my KEF LS50 are red and look incredibly cool in my modern apartment. :-)
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation) running Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 7.9.1
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> KEF Reference 1
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure 1540

How do you "feed" the LS50? In case you use a Pi/pCP combo may you share the squeezelite settings?

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    How do you "feed" the LS50? In case you use a Pi/pCP combo may you share the squeezelite settings?
    My setup is in my sig, just replace KEF Ref1 with LS50. :-) I have the passive version in red. So they can't be fed directly by a Pi/pCP combo...
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation) running Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 7.9.1
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> KEF Reference 1
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub

I'm using tapatalk hence haven't seen your sig.
    But this is not an excuse for me asking you if you paired them via a pi/pCP combo. I should have read your post more thoroughly ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    I'm using tapatalk hence haven't seen your sig.
    But this is not an excuse for me asking you if you paired them via a pi/pCP combo. I should have read your post more thoroughly ;-)
    Absolutely np. I am actually considering the active V2 as we speak. My SqBoxen (and I have plenty SB Touch and SB3s and even Booms) are still performing without fault, so I don't anticipate using PI/pCP, but never say never... :-)
    ...pablo