Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by jophill View Post
    Doesn't Raspberry Pi Imager automatically eject the SD card after writing an image?

Perhaps I am using it wrongly but I always have to re-insert the card to add a copy of wpa_supplement.conf. If ejection is automatic the information panel on the page about installing wpa_supplicant.conf saying "Do not eject ..." after burning the image, is perfectly correct but ejection is unavoidable.
    Yes, it does. You can also mount the downloaded PcP image and add the wpa_supplement.conf before writing it to SD. (as an added bonus you only have to do that once if you're installing multiple Pi's.)

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    You can also mount the downloaded PcP image and add the wpa_supplement.conf before writing it to SD.
    ThatĹs a great idea! Thank you!
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    ThatĹs a great idea! Thank you!
    Plug & Play. I could add 10 Raspberries/hour to my network if I wanted to.

Hello!

In the newest version (1.6) of "Raspberry Pi Imager" it is possible to set hostname, ssh access, configure wifi and set locale before flashing directly inside the program. You can set this to be only for this flash or save it for later flashes. This is available when pressing Shift-CTRL-X.
    Also you can set that the media should not be ejected after flashing.

But I don't know if all this will work with a piCorePlayer image.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    In the newest version (1.6) of "Raspberry Pi Imager" it is possible to set hostname, ssh access, configure wifi and set locale before flashing directly inside the program.
    I wonder what it would take to have PcP added to the official Pi Imager software? It seems popular enough as a music player, and it's the only one that's completely free, non-commercial and actively maintained.