Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Added "Add a Topping E30 USB DAC" to the Project section.

I was requested to do some USB DAC documentation so I thought a little project might help.
    I thought you might have added Ralphy's method to allow the DAC to go into standby when the player is powered off and to come out of standby without audible pops when the player is powered on.
    https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite/issues/114
    Happy New Year

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks slartibartfast,

I added a link to the issue in the More information section for future reference.

Autostart squeezelite when usb dac is turn on

hi, yesterday after two day of work i found a solution to autostart squeezelite when you turn on your usb dac. The problem is that if usb dac is off and PCP get reboot, squeezelite can't start because the usb device is not present. With my solution the problem is solved. In the attachment the documentation that i wrote.
    bye
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by PaoloFazari View Post
    In the attachment the documentation that i wrote.
    Thank you for the documentation!

I only have two additions:
    You don't have to add "home/tc/dac.sh" to the filetool.lst as the whole /home/tc folder is already in the backup.
    And I would not make a "chmod 777 /home/tc/dac.sh", a 755 would be sufficient.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

I have started to convert "udev USB DAC stuff" to markdown.

Perhaps it is useful enough to consider making a generic version for when people configure USB audio - and put it in standard pCP.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

With my limited knowledge of udev, I can't see a way to make a truly generic solution.

In some of the udev.rules there is already some product specific code. The potential work to do USB properly is enormous!

I think?? this problem only occurs if the RPi and DAC are powered independently.

I have learnt/remembered that manually using squeezelite init.d script can create situations where the squeezelite process is running without the appropriate pid file and visa versa. This causes confusion during testing. I recall now why I included "force" option to brutally kill squeezelite.

I have been doing my testing on a synced piCorePlayer. Its weird seeing the consequences of inserting a USB device in one piCorePlayer has on another piCorePlayer.

Thanks PaoloFazari,

Added "Autostart Squeezelite" to Projects section.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    With my limited knowledge of udev, I can't see a way to make a truly generic solution.

In some of the udev.rules there is already some product specific code. The potential work to do USB properly is enormous!

I think?? this problem only occurs if the RPi and DAC are powered independently.

I have learnt/remembered that manually using squeezelite init.d script can create situations where the squeezelite process is running without the appropriate pid file and visa versa. This causes confusion during testing. I recall now why I included "force" option to brutally kill squeezelite.

I have been doing my testing on a synced piCorePlayer. Its weird seeing the consequences of inserting a USB device in one piCorePlayer has on another piCorePlayer.
    A way could be to execute my script every time an USB device Is plug-in. Is not a problem because the script checks the status of squeezelite and if It Is already on, nothing will happen. The solution Is to remove the two attrib strings in udev rule (Idvendor and idproduct) and replace them with this: ENV{DEVTYPE}=="usb_device"
    In this way the script Will run everytime each USB device Is plug-in (USB PEN drive, mouse USB, dac USB etc).
    It Is less elegant but It Is "generic"

Thanks to jeroen2,

Added "Setting up the RemotePi" to the Projects section.