Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Can you connect Tidal/Deezer/Qobuz to LMS8 just like Spotify

Hi,

Is there a way to connect TIDAL to LMS just like Spotify does? The LMS player should show up in the devices list of the TIDAL android app.

To clarify what I would like to do:

my setup:
    • me: on my couch, in front of my stereo, holding my android device
    • audio source: LMS8 running on a raspi4 with a digione signature hat

Basically I want use my android phone as the only remote control to listen to HiRes music.
    This ist what works:
    • using "squeeze ctrl" to listen to Tidal HiRes Streams
    • using "squeeze ctrl" to playback audio files (from usb, network)
    • using "spotify" android app: connect to chromecast, google home, LMS
    • using "Tidal" android app: connect to chromecast, google home but NOT to LMS
    • using "Deezer" or "Qobuz" android app: connect to chromecast, google home but NOT to LMS

So it's absolutely great, that I can already listen to HiRes streams with this setup and thanks for all the work gone into the plugins.
    But I really would enjoy a more seamless experience. Like discovering new music with Tidal, while listening on my prime stereo.

Now I discover new music listening to spotify, then search it in Tidal and add it to favourites, then restart the Squeeze Ctrl app so it refreshes the favourites, then click through my apps --> Tidal --> my favourites --> titles --> and finally on the newly added song. The whole process feels very disruptive to the listening experience.

Using only Spotify would be seamless but then there ist no point in using Tidal or any other HiRes streaming service at all.

Does such a plugin or possibility already exist (and I'm just to stupid to find it)?

Best regards and thanks for your support,
    Phil

PS:
    This is what it lookes like (Wohnzimmer and Wohnzimmer TV are chromecast and google home devices, "signature" ist the LMS Player I want.

Spotify devices: Name:  Spotify_devices.jpg
Views: 1021
Size:  78.8 KB
    Tidal devices: Name:  Tidal_devices.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  70.7 KB

Approaching from a different direction. Why not use Material on your Android and install Deezer, Tidal, Qobuz and Chromecast Bridge & Airplay Bridge plugins on LMS

This will give you control of everything from one place EXCEPT Amazon HD Music & Google Home.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Why not use Material on your Android...
    I'm at a loss. What exactely do you mean?

In case "material" is a operating system for my android phone: Changing the OS seems like overkill and is not for me.

In case you mean the "Material Music Widget": This doesn't solve the problem at all, it just adds another layer.

But thanks for your effort.
    Last edited by PhilZeroZero7; 2020-09-26 at 05:56.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilZeroZero7 View Post

In case "material" is a operating system for my android phone: Changing the OS seems like overkill and is not for me.

In case you mean the "Material Music Widget": This doesn't solve the problem at all, it just adds another layer.

I think what's being suggested is to install the relevant plugins for LMS that allow playback from Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify, controlled by whatever LMS controller you currently use.

So, in my case I use Spotify (I don't have streaming accounts for Tidal or Qobuz). I also use the Material skin on my LMS installation. There is also a Material app for Android devices.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick

Material is just a skin for the LMS web interface, Squeeze Ctrl can do everything you want to do if you install the LMS plugins.

Name:  material.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  43.7 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Can you connect Tidal/Deezer/Qobuzto LMS8 just like Spotify

> Is there a way to connect TIDAL to LMS just like Spotify does? The LMS

No. I haven't found any information yet about what they're using/doing.
    --

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I think what's being suggested is to install the relevant plugins for LMS that allow playback from Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify, controlled by whatever LMS controller you currently use.
    Those plugins are already installed. Tidal, Deezer plugins via mysqueezebox.com, Qobuz and Spotify via LMS server settings/plugins.
    Streaming with all of them works well. Just the controll is complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I also use the Material skin on my LMS installation. There is also a Material app for Android devices.

Robert
    Thanks for the info about the Material Skin (I didn't know it existed)
    Checking it out....
    Material Skin activated in LMS plugins....
    Reading manual (https://cdn.statically.io/gh/d6jg/ma...ngStarted.html)....
    Add Kiwi browser to android (not necessary, but recommended, so why not)...
    Create homescreen shortcut (http://lms-ip-adress/Material/Mobile)....
    Worked instantly and solves my problem....
    Enjoy listening to all the music from my couch....

Thanks Grumpy Bob and d6jg.
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Is there a way to connect TIDAL to LMS just like Spotify does? The LMS

No. I haven't found any information yet about what they're using/doing.
    --

Michael
    That's a shame. But it's good to know this doesn't exist. So I can stop looking. And good to know it's on your radar, so maybe there might be a plugin in the future.
    Anyway, thanks for your lighting quick replies. This was the fastest and most usefull replies in any forum I used. Ever.
    Thanks guys!

That's a shame. But it's good to know this doesn't exist. So I can stop looking. And good to know it's on your radar, so maybe there might be a plugin in the future.
    Anyway, thanks for your lighting quick replies. This was the fastest and most usefull replies in any forum I used. Ever.
    Thanks guys!
    Maybe this will be the solution?

https://www.whathifi.com/news/tidal-...by-atmos-music

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by newpeter View Post
    YES! That's exactly what I was waiting for. At least, as soon as there's a "tidal connect" LMS plugin.

Cool.