Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Soft player for OSX?

Works OK now!!

Hi!

I just want to play-out my music from my squeezserver via my laptop speakers. Squeezplayer seem to only control my other existing players and and dont want a remote, I want my laptop to be a music playing client.

How? With what?

//
    Last edited by jonte0; 2020-09-25 at 00:13. Reason: Solved!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonte0 View Post
    Hi!

I just want to play-out my music from my squeezserver via my laptop speakers. Squeezplayer seem to only control my other existing players and and dont want a remote, I want my laptop to be a music playing client.

How? With what?

//
    SqueezePlay for mac https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post716200

Name:  sqeezeplay.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  27.3 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.1 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP v7.0.0b6 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0b6/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Thanks!

But how does that work.. "Choose Player"... I get a list of my existing physical players (Touch etc) but I don't want them to play.

I would like to define a new player "Laptop" (which I'm writing on now) and make that a player so I can hear music trough it's speakers...

//

OK!

I found the solution to my problem on the last page of the long thread - I had a older preference file which somehow hindered the player to show Squeezplay as a player. I removed that and was now greeted by a setup screen.

Thanks!!

//

Thanks!

But how does that work.. "Choose Player"... I get a list of my existing physical players (Touch etc) but I don't want them to play.

I would like to define a new player "Laptop" (which I'm writing on now) and make that a player so I can hear music trough it's speakers...

//
    Have you installed Squeezeplay?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I'm OK now - thanks for the replys!!

//

Thanks!

//
    That's what SqueezePlay is, a player and a controller, at least on my Windows version. I can select SqueezePlay from the list of players and control as you would any other player, phone/laptop/PC/tablet etc. and the sound comes out of your PC/latop speakers.

Pictures below shows SqueezePlay being controlled using a browser running Material skin and default skin.

Name:  sqeezeplay2.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  22.6 KB

Name:  sqeezeplay3.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  32.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.1 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP v7.0.0b6 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0b6/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Solved!

Thanks - it works now!

//