Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Volume Control with LMS 8.0 and UPnPBridge with Sonos speaker?

Hello!

I am trying to find out how volume control is handled when I am using LMS 8.0 with UPnPBridge and a Sonos speaker (Ikea Symfonisk).
    When I am using AirplayBridge the volume is simply controlled by LMS via Material Skin.
    Is this the same for UPnPBridge? Or do I have to control the volume at the Sonsos device (what is not what I want)?
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB; Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCoreplayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone; two Airport Express

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Hello!

I am trying to find out how volume control is handled when I am using LMS 8.0 with UPnPBridge and a Sonos speaker (Ikea Symfonisk).
    When I am using AirplayBridge the volume is simply controlled by LMS via Material Skin.
    Is this the same for UPnPBridge? Or do I have to control the volume at the Sonsos device (what is not what I want)?
    Same
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Same
    Ok, thank you!
    In the meantime I saw that the speaker also has Airplay 2 on Board, so it should work with that also.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB; Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCoreplayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone; two Airport Express

Ok, thank you!
    In the meantime I saw that the speaker also has Airplay 2 on Board, so it should work with that also.
    Only if it also supports Airplay 1 I think.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Ok, thank you!
    Any luck getting the Symfonisk working reliably with the airplay bridge ?

I bought one to play with recently, and just tried using it with LMS and the airplay bridge this evening. At first, I could see traffic streaming from the LMS to the speaker, but no sound. Then, after multiple resets it starting working just fine. Then, after moving the Symfonisk to a different room where I might actually use it in anger (I was testing it at my desk first), all I get is intermittent bursts of a few seconds of music ... nothing obvious in the logs to suggest the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by khoadley View Post
    Any luck getting the Symfonisk working reliably with the airplay bridge?
    Yes, it works without any problem here!
    I am using LMS 8.0 and the Airplay plugin.