Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nitrous
    • Feb 2009

Problems with SOMA FM

I'm having a few issues with my Touch: remote control has failed, using older classic remote for now, the clock doesn't seem to keep very good time (!?) and now SOMAFM radio stations won't play. The last one plays on another streamer in the house, but the touch gets a message that SOMA is not available in UK. Odd as I have listened for years to these stations. Any ideas welcome?

Thanks.
  • Paul Webster
    • Apr 2005

TuneIn and UK issues
    see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ghlight=tunein and install RadioNet plugin ... it works from there (playing it now).
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• nitrous
      • Feb 2009

Paul, Thanks for info, I thought it could be something like that. Do you know how I can 'load' RadioNet on to my squeezebox Touch, is there a guide? Thanks.

EDIT: I see there is a SOMAFM app stored in my squeezebox.com, I've tried one station and it now works!
      Last edited by nitrous; 2020-09-22, 16:01.

Comment

• Paul Webster
        • Apr 2005

The RadioNet plugin requires a local LMS.
        My guess from your comment is that you do not have one and instead are connecting your Touch to mysqueezebox.com
        Your solution works for now - but expect more problems over time (e.g. stations moving to HLS or HTTPS) which you will need a local LMS to solve.
        Paul Webster
        Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
        and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• garym
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Paul Webster
          The RadioNet plugin requires a local LMS.
          My guess from your comment is that you do not have one and instead are connecting your Touch to mysqueezebox.com
          Your solution works for now - but expect more problems over time (e.g. stations moving to HLS or HTTPS) which you will need a local LMS to solve.
          and when you do need local LMS, an rPi4B running piCorePlayer will be an excellent answer. Great LMS server the size of a deck of cards. Connect via ethernet to your router and you're all set.
          Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
          Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
          Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
          The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
          Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
          Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• nitrous
            • Feb 2009

Many thanks for the further replies,I’m not entirely sure this is something I completely understand, so for now I’m happy to at least have the stations back I like. But would I be able to utilise my current arrangement of LMS on my Synology NAS instead of needing a raspberry pi?

Comment

• bpa
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by nitrous
              But would I be able to utilise my current arrangement of LMS on my Synology NAS instead of needing a raspberry pi?
              You should be able to install the Radionet plugin on any recent LMS (i.e 7.9.* or 8.*).
              However Radionet site uses https so you'll need up to date LMS - typically at least 7.9.3 and up to date SSL support IO::Socket::SSL (at least 2.002) which may be dependent on Synology support.

Comment

• nitrous
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bpa
                You should be able to install the Radionet plugin on any recent LMS (i.e 7.9.* or 8.*).
                However Radionet site uses https so you'll need up to date LMS - typically at least 7.9.3 and up to date SSL support IO::Socket::SSL (at least 2.002) which may be dependent on Synology support.
                Bpa, thanks for reply. I think I understand, when the time comes I may have to ask for further advice to walk me through doing that. In the meantime all is still well and back to enjoying my SQ Touch again. Great bit of kit, still head scratching how something so good got dropped from production. ��

Comment

Working...