Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Feature Request : Random Seed

To be used in conjunction with DSTM.

Ill explain what Id like to happen as it will perhaps explain what I mean in an easily understood way.

Walk up to Radio and press a preset which is a special playlist.
    The playlist contains no tracks but LMS has an instruction based upon predefined genre / year etc to generate a handful of tracks into the playlist to act as seed tracks for DSTM to takeover and do its stuff,
    You could have multiple such random seed playlists eg Classic 70s Rock, 50s Jazz etc

Yes you could create a playlist of 5 tracks and assign it to the preset but every time you played it youd get the same initial results

I dont think this is the same as Random Song Mix which is local only and not as fine grained as DSTM coupled with Lastmix.

Does this make sense?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom - SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Pioneer ceiling speakers
    Guest Room - Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    To be used in conjunction with DSTM.

Ill explain what Id like to happen as it will perhaps explain what I mean in an easily understood way.

Walk up to Radio and press a preset which is a special playlist.
    The playlist contains no tracks but LMS has an instruction based upon predefined genre / year etc to generate a handful of tracks into the playlist to act as seed tracks for DSTM to takeover and do its stuff,
    You could have multiple such random seed playlists eg Classic 70s Rock, 50s Jazz etc

Yes you could create a playlist of 5 tracks and assign it to the preset but every time you played it youd get the same initial results

I dont think this is the same as Random Song Mix which is local only and not as fine grained as DSTM coupled with Lastmix.

Does this make sense?
    Sounds like my much loved Smart Mix...R.I.P.
    I would very much like something like this that was not tied to an external source.
    My library is big and diverse enough to do this.
    2 Duets controllers, 1 X Boom, 1 X Radio
    1 X Receiver + Edifier S1000DB
    1 X Receiver + Yamaha RX-A2000, Polk M70
    1 X Receiver + Boston MicroSystem CD
    Raspberry Pi 3 B+ HiFi Berry Amp2 7" touchscreen PiCorePlayer 6.0 Audioengine A5 ( passive mode )
    Raspberry Pi 2 B, HiFiBerry Dac+ & Max2play
    SqueezeAmp 3 Monsoon MM-700 flat panels + Infinity sub
    HTC 10 w/ Squeeze Ctrl
    ReadyNAS 516 LMS 7.9.3

> Sounds like my much loved Smart Mix...R.I.P.

Or Erland's Dynamic Playlists?

Unfortunately the.echonest.com is no more, and what Spotify exposes is
    not half as powerful as TEN. In particularly not with local files. Would
    a Random Play genre mix, limited to a few tracks, come close to what
    you'd like to have?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

you'd like to have?

--

Michael
    This comes actually very close to the way I use Spicefly Sugarcube and MusicIP. The Random Mix function is set to just give me one track out of a slightly limited genre subset (eliminating music for my kids & wife). From there Sugarcube takes over.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

you'd like to have?

--

Michael
    Yes. Its the fact that Random Mix is unlimited that makes it unsuitable.
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom - SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Pioneer ceiling speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    This comes actually very close to the way I use Spicefly Sugarcube and MusicIP. The Random Mix function is set to just give me one track out of a slightly limited genre subset (eliminating music for my kids & wife). From there Sugarcube takes over.
    That is exactly what I am talking about but with DSTM instead of Sugarcube.
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    That is exactly what I am talking about but with DSTM instead of Sugarcube.
    Hmmm, in checking the concept of this with DSTM, I seem to have discovered a bug in DSTM. It doesn't take into account the Sugarcube status for an individual player ...
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear

Hmmm, in checking the concept of this with DSTM, I seem to have discovered a bug in DSTM. It doesn't take into account the Sugarcube status for an individual player ...
    Or it's because it started as a Random mix , that's a possibility as well ...
    Code:
    [19-01-14 13:50:27.8196] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1547382380, Sun Jan 13 13:47:26 CET 2019) perl 5.026001 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    [19-01-14 13:50:28.7395] Plugins::CastBridge::Plugin::initPlugin (42) $VAR1 = {
              'isDebian' => 1,
              'binArch' => 'i386-linux',
              'uid' => 'squeezeboxserver',
              'os' => 'Linux',
              'osArch' => 'x86_64-linux',
              'osName' => 'Debian'
            };
    [19-01-14 13:50:28.7604] Plugins::SugarCube::Breakout::init (226) Initialising SugarCube Database
    [19-01-14 13:50:28.7733] Plugins::TrackStat::Storage::refreshTracks (1242) TrackStat: Synchronizing TrackStat data, please wait...
    [19-01-14 14:06:27.3258] Plugins::TrackStat::Storage::refreshTracks (1891) TrackStat: Synchronizing TrackStat data finished
    [19-01-14 14:11:40.5088] Slim::Plugin::DontStopTheMusic::Plugin::onPlaylistChange (183) Found RandomPlay or SugarCube active - I'm not going to interfere with them.
    [19-01-14 14:14:19.7113] Slim::Plugin::DontStopTheMusic::Plugin::onPlaylistChange (183) Found RandomPlay or SugarCube active - I'm not going to interfere with them.
    [19-01-14 14:20:06.0213] Slim::Plugin::DontStopTheMusic::Plugin::onPlaylistChange (183) Found RandomPlay or SugarCube active - I'm not going to interfere with them.
    Sugarcube is disabled for the particular player I'm testing it with, DSTM with Spotify recommendations enabled ...

Or it's because it started as a Random mix , that's a possibility as well ...
    Code:
    [19-01-14 13:50:27.8196] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1547382380, Sun Jan 13 13:47:26 CET 2019) perl 5.026001 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    [19-01-14 13:50:28.7395] Plugins::CastBridge::Plugin::initPlugin (42) $VAR1 = {
              'isDebian' => 1,
              'binArch' => 'i386-linux',
              'uid' => 'squeezeboxserver',
              'os' => 'Linux',
              'osArch' => 'x86_64-linux',
              'osName' => 'Debian'
            };
    [19-01-14 13:50:28.7604] Plugins::SugarCube::Breakout::init (226) Initialising SugarCube Database
    [19-01-14 13:50:28.7733] Plugins::TrackStat::Storage::refreshTracks (1242) TrackStat: Synchronizing TrackStat data, please wait...
    [19-01-14 14:06:27.3258] Plugins::TrackStat::Storage::refreshTracks (1891) TrackStat: Synchronizing TrackStat data finished
    [19-01-14 14:11:40.5088] Slim::Plugin::DontStopTheMusic::Plugin::onPlaylistChange (183) Found RandomPlay or SugarCube active - I'm not going to interfere with them.
    [19-01-14 14:14:19.7113] Slim::Plugin::DontStopTheMusic::Plugin::onPlaylistChange (183) Found RandomPlay or SugarCube active - I'm not going to interfere with them.
    [19-01-14 14:20:06.0213] Slim::Plugin::DontStopTheMusic::Plugin::onPlaylistChange (183) Found RandomPlay or SugarCube active - I'm not going to interfere with them.
    Sugarcube is disabled for the particular player I'm testing it with, DSTM with Spotify recommendations enabled ...
    OK, confirmed it's incompatible with using the Random Mix function. Picked a song myself and then it works ...

> OK, confirmed it's incompatible with using the Random Mix function.
    > Picked a song myself and then it works ...

It should work as long as RandomPlay is not supposed to add new tracks
    automatically. This can be disabled in the mix settings.

--

Michael