[Announce] Spotty 4.4 - more personalised content

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaca
    • Nov 2012

Thank you Michael! Personalized "Home" content works great on my Synology LMS
    Cheers!
    3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, 2x SqueezeAMP, Squeezebox Receiver, PiCorePlayer (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro), Material Skin Apk, SqueezePlayer Apk, Squeezelite-X, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Comment

• SoundLover
      • Sep 2020

Originally posted by mherger
      > I just updated my LMS installation from FreeBSD 11 to FreeBSD 12 using
      > the patch from h t t p
      > s://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=240397
      > (pkg-list-patch-for-12.1) with success but now the FreeBSD helper won't
      > install from plugins making Spotty give the following output in
      > plugins/settings:

How does the installation fail? Any error? Anything in server.log?

You could try to compile your own:
      https://github.com/michaelherger/spotty. "cargo build --release" should
      be all you need. Then copy the resulting spotty binary as
      "spotty-custom" somewhere in your search path.

--

Michael
      Hi again and thank you for really swift feedback,

1. After installing rust (pkg install rust) and downloading the source from Github (https://github.com/michaelherger/spotty. "cargo build --release") it compiled just fine!
      2. The resulting spotty was copied to /var/db/logitechmediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin and renamed spotty-custom. File permissions for spotty-custom was set to slimserv:slimserv
      3. And I get a nice welcoming screen

Click image for larger version

Name:	spotty.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1569928

4. I follow the instructions (starting Spotify on mobile, play song, hit authorization and I get the next screen with web token filled in). I check my squeezebox devices and hit apply and close.
      5. I restart the server
      6. I go to my apps spotty and enjoy the beautiful icons. However when I click them there is no content.
      7. I check server.log and it looks like so:

#tail /var/log/logitechmediaserver/server.log
      Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1476) API call: browse/featured-playlists?country=US&limit=50&locale=en_US&timesta mp=2020-09-24T09%3A50%3A00
      Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1480) error: Error reading headers: Server closed connection without sending any data back at /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 306.
      Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1476) API call: me/albums?limit=50
      Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1480) error: Error reading headers: Server closed connection without sending any data back at /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 306.
      Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1476) API call: browse/featured-playlists?country=US&limit=50&locale=en_US&timesta mp=2020-09-24T09%3A50%3A00
      Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1476) API call: me/albums?limit=50

What can I do?

Greetings
      SoundLover

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

[Announce] Spotty 4.4 - morepersonalised content

> 1. After installing rust (pkg install rust) and downloading the source
        > from Github (https://github.com/michaelherger/spotty. "cargo build
        > --release") it compiled just fine!

Nice!

> 2. The resulting spotty was copied to
        > /var/db/logitechmediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin

Don't put it there, as it'll be deleted with the next plugin update. You
        can put it anywhere in your search path, eg. /usr/local/bin or whatever
        a suitable place on BSD. You can see in Settings/Information which
        folders LMS is searching.

> 7. I check server.log and it looks like so:
        >
        > #tail /var/log/logitechmediaserver/server.log
        > Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1476) API call:
        > browse/featured-playlists?country=US&limit=50&locale=en_US&timesta mp=2020-09-24T09%3A50%3A00
        > Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1480) error: Error reading headers:
        > Server closed connection without sending any data back at
        > /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 306.

That sounds like some pretty generic networking failure. Are you able to
        stream radio stations or podcasts? What IO::Socket::SSL version are you
        using (see Settings/Information)?

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• SoundLover
          • Sep 2020

> 1. After installing rust (pkg install rust) and downloading the source
          > from Github (https://github.com/michaelherger/spotty. "cargo build
          > --release") it compiled just fine!

Nice!

> 2. The resulting spotty was copied to
          > /var/db/logitechmediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin

Don't put it there, as it'll be deleted with the next plugin update. You
          can put it anywhere in your search path, eg. /usr/local/bin or whatever
          a suitable place on BSD. You can see in Settings/Information which
          folders LMS is searching.

> 7. I check server.log and it looks like so:
          >
          > #tail /var/log/logitechmediaserver/server.log
          > Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1476) API call:
          > browse/featured-playlists?country=US&limit=50&locale=en_US&timesta mp=2020-09-24T09%3A50%3A00
          > Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1480) error: Error reading headers:
          > Server closed connection without sending any data back at
          > /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 306.

That sounds like some pretty generic networking failure. Are you able to
          stream radio stations or podcasts? What IO::Socket::SSL version are you
          using (see Settings/Information)?

--

Michael
          Thanks - I have moved it to /usr/local/bin folder ..Spotty/Bin is listed as being searched by LMS but I don't want it to be overwritten by next upgrade.

I am able to stream radio stations and podcasts - everything is normal. The version for IO socket SSL is -> p5-IO-Socket-SSL-2.068

UPDATE - got it working. Suspected that this is a Perl module issue so I replaced the Methods.pm with the latest one from https://metacpan.org/pod/Net::HTTP::Methods (downloaded, pulled Methods.pm out of archive and put it in /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP.

Spotty working BRLLIANTLY on FreeBSD 12.1, LMS 7.9.2 with patch https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/at....cgi?id=211267 and Methods.pm (/usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP) replaced by the one from /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP (version 6.19).

Thank you!

Greetings
          SoundLover
          Last edited by SoundLover; 2020-09-24, 11:06.

Comment

• mherger
            Babelfish's Best Boy
            • Apr 2005

> I am able to stream radio stations and podcasts - everything is normal.
            > The version for IO socket SSL is -> p5-IO-Socket-SSL-2.068

Ok, then please enable logging for plugin.spotty
            (Settings/Advanced/Logging). Try to navigate a bit, then send me your
            server.log.zip

(and turn off logging again, as it can be noisy)

--

Michael
            Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• SoundLover
              • Sep 2020

> I am able to stream radio stations and podcasts - everything is normal.
              > The version for IO socket SSL is -> p5-IO-Socket-SSL-2.068

Ok, then please enable logging for plugin.spotty
              (Settings/Advanced/Logging). Try to navigate a bit, then send me your
              server.log.zip

(and turn off logging again, as it can be noisy)

--

Michael
              UPDATE - got it working. Suspected that this is a Perl module issue so I replaced the Methods.pm with the latest one from https://metacpan.org/pod/Net::HTTP::Methods (downloaded, pulled Methods.pm out of archive and put it in /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP.

Spotty working BRLLIANTLY on FreeBSD 12.1, LMS 7.9.2 with patch https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/at....cgi?id=211267 and Methods.pm (/usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP) replaced by the one from /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP (version 6.19).

Thank you!

Greetings
              SoundLover

Comment

• Jaca
                • Nov 2012

hmm not sure if its just coincidence but day after using WebAPI cookie with Spotty my account password has been changed/blocked due to suspicious activity.
                Has anyone else experienced same problem? Maybe Spotify doesn't like this workaround Michael?

Anyway will try to reset and setup again to see what happens
                3x Squeezebox Touch, 4x Squeezebox Radio, 2x SqueezeAMP, Squeezebox Receiver, PiCorePlayer (RPi 3B with HiFiBerry DAC+Pro), Material Skin Apk, SqueezePlayer Apk, Squeezelite-X, Logitech Media Server Version: 8.4.0 with Material Skin (Docker in DS218+)

Comment

• slartibartfast
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jaca
                  hmm not sure if its just coincidence but day after using WebAPI cookie with Spotty my account password has been changed/blocked due to suspicious activity.
                  Has anyone else experienced same problem? Maybe Spotify doesn't like this workaround Michael?

Anyway will try to reset and setup again to see what happens
                  How did you notice this?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                  Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                  Bedroom: Radio
                  Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• mherger
                    Babelfish's Best Boy
                    • Apr 2005

> hmm not sure if its just coincidence but day after using WebAPI cookie
                    > with Spotty my account password has been changed/blocked due to
                    > suspicious activity.

Hmm... I've been happily using the code for several weeks before
                    releasing it. I would be surprised if its use here got the account blocked.

--

Michael
                    Michael

Comment

• Jaca
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by slartibartfast
                      How did you notice this?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
                      Received email form Spotify requesting password change plus been logged off an all devices.

Comment

• Jaca
                        • Nov 2012

> hmm not sure if its just coincidence but day after using WebAPI cookie
                        > with Spotty my account password has been changed/blocked due to
                        > suspicious activity.

Hmm... I've been happily using the code for several weeks before
                        releasing it. I would be surprised if its use here got the account blocked.

--

Michael
                        I've changed password, set everything up again and it works fine.. Weirdly new cookie only is valid for month where old one was year.. I will see if it continues to work fine over next few days. I guess reason could be that to get cookie I've used Chrome I never accesed open.spotify with, plus VPN connection .. Weird as it should work fine anyway.. I got new login email notification (with no action required etc)

hmmm Most likely just coincidence

Comment

• mafyou
                          • Feb 2015

unavailable tracks?

Been collecting a bit more Japanese music and realized I was having trouble importing foreign-character filenames to LMS on Windows.... so I uninstalled it and went with a fresh new LMS 8! (And Windows 10's UTF8 beta mode). All good. The online library integration is fantastic.

Exact build is Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1601380107

One thing I'm wondering, I saw it brought up in a previous Spotty thread but couldn't find any conclusion on it: unavailable tracks. When they come up, things stand still until you hit Next track. Can they be bypassed when "played" or scanned for availability at library scan time, to avoid this?

Unavailable tracks are inevitable when using many playlists. There's regional variations with these things, but anyone's bound to have some unavailable on this big one, for example: spotifylaylist:0ykGs3gBjzFCtEqPoeDybh

Thanks for your continued work on this Michael

Comment

• mafyou
                            • Feb 2015

playlist folders

oh by the way, is there some trick to viewing my Spotify playlist folders? I ran the script for this no problem (a long .file file shows on the relevant settings screen... I opened this in a text editor and my folder information is in there) but it doesn't have any effect. Have restarted server and done a re-scan, too.

Comment

• mherger
                              Babelfish's Best Boy
                              • Apr 2005

> One thing I'm wondering, I saw it brought up in a previous Spotty thread
                              > but couldn't find any conclusion on it: unavailable tracks. When they
                              > come up, things stand still until you hit Next track. Can they be
                              > bypassed when "played" or scanned for availability at library scan time,
                              > to avoid this?

I had a case recently where an album disappeared completely. They still
                              listed it as one of my favorites over the API, but not in their app (had
                              to use the API to un-like it!). Yet I didn't find out how to filter it
                              out based on the data I get from the API.

> oh by the way, is there some trick to viewing my Spotify playlist
                              > folders?

Did you configure your session cookie to get the new "Home" menu item?
                              That would apply a new, more automated method to getting the folder
                              structure.

--

Michael
                              Michael

Comment

• mafyou
                                • Feb 2015

Thanks Michael
                                Does this recent librespot fix on unavailable tracks not apply?

Failing that, is there some way LMS could internally realize "oops i just keep churning the first few seconds of this track, with no user input, perhaps I'll skip it." 😁

--

I haven't done anything yet to access the Spotify personalized content from LMS, I'll do that soon and report back on whether it lets me see playlist folders.

Comment

Working...