Originally posted by mherger
    > Newbie to LMS/spotty/picoreplayer here, all rasp pi based. Big thanks
    > for the work on this as it's excellent. One thing I can't for the life
    > of me work out though is why for most artists I see duplicate entries
    > for releases (albums, singles, etc)? Sometimes there are two
    > duplicates, sometimes three, sometimes just one, and can be mixed within
    > the same artist/album list. These are not albums that I own in my LMS
    > library as well.

Wouldn't you see the same when browsing an artist in a Spotify app?
    Quite often there "deluxe" releases etc. available.
    Not the case as far as I can tell. Seefeel is the artist I'm looking at at the moment, and all their albums except for the oldest two have duplicate entries. For some artists I've seen album titles all in upper case, with duplicates in proper case, that kind of thing. I do see deluxe and remastered versions, but these duplicates I'm seeing are of identical entries.

One thing I've just noticed actually - I'm browsing via my saved artists list, so navigation is:

spotty home > artists > seefeel > albums

If I instead search for seefeel from spotty home, I don't get the same issue:

spotty home > search > search results > albums (this navigation shows single album entries)

spotty home > search > serach results > artists > seefeel > albums (this navigation also shows duplicates)
    Last edited by Spev; 2021-05-14, 17:24.

Comment

• slartibartfast
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spev
      Not the case as far as I can tell. Seefeel is the artist I'm looking at at the moment, and all their albums except for the oldest two have duplicate entries. For some artists I've seen album titles all in upper case, with duplicates in proper case, that kind of thing. I do see deluxe and remastered versions, but these duplicates I'm seeing are of identical entries.

One thing I've just noticed actually - I'm browsing via my saved artists list, so navigation is:

spotty home > artists > seefeel > albums

If I instead search for seefeel from spotty home, I don't get the same issue:

spotty home > search > search results > albums (this navigation shows single album entries)

spotty home > search > serach results > artists > seefeel > albums (this navigation also shows duplicates)
      I had a similar issue with a couple of albums in my Spotify library. Spotify had changed the album id and both the new and old ids appeared in my library. Removing the albums from my Spotify library, scanning and adding them back fixed it for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
      Bedroom: Radio
      Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• Spev
        • May 2021

Originally posted by slartibartfast
        I had a similar issue with a couple of albums in my Spotify library. Spotify had changed the album id and both the new and old ids appeared in my library. Removing the albums from my Spotify library, scanning and adding them back fixed it for me.

Ok, if I'm following correctly then these steps may rectify it?

"unfollow" seefeel in the spotify app
        rescan my LMS library
        "follow" seefeel again
        rescan again?

There's quite a few artists this is happening with. Did you find the issue creeping back over time? If this is due to something happening at the spotify end then we have no control over it

Edit - just tried the above up to rescanning my library and the same issue is there. Seefeel are now no longer in my list of artists, but if I search for them, and navigate to their album list it is showing the same duplicate entries as before.

(not an enormous problem, just wondering what the hell is going on :-)
        Last edited by Spev; 2021-05-14, 18:00.

Comment

• slartibartfast
          • Jan 2010

Ok, if I'm following correctly then these steps may rectify it?

"unfollow" seefeel in the spotify app
          rescan my LMS library
          "follow" seefeel again
          rescan again?

There's quite a few artists this is happening with. Did you find the issue creeping back over time? If this is due to something happening at the spotify end then we have no control over it

Edit - just tried the above up to rescanning my library and the same issue is there. Seefeel are now no longer in my list of artists, but if I search for them, and navigate to their album list it is showing the same duplicate entries as before.

(not an enormous problem, just wondering what the hell is going on :-)
          They still appear in your library even though they aren't in your Spotify library? Are the albums still followed on Spotify?

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF

Comment

• Spev
            • May 2021

They still appear in your library even though they aren't in your Spotify library? Are the albums still followed on Spotify?

I'm only actually following the artist in Spotify, I haven't saved any albums, I only have 1 saved album actually in Spotify, but several hundred followed artists.

I'm just using Spotty to browse to the album list, and whether I navigate through my library artists list, or from the spotty search, I get the duplicate listings. "2:54" is another artist this is happening with. They only have two albums. One of them shows once. One of them is showing 3 times. The Cinematic Orchestra is another one - some albums duplicated, others not.

Comment

• slartibartfast
              • Jan 2010

I'm only actually following the artist in Spotify, I haven't saved any albums, I only have 1 saved album actually in Spotify, but several hundred followed artists.

I'm just using Spotty to browse to the album list, and whether I navigate through my library artists list, or from the spotty search, I get the duplicate listings. "2:54" is another artist this is happening with. They only have two albums. One of them shows once. One of them is showing 3 times. The Cinematic Orchestra is another one - some albums duplicated, others not.
              I only see albums I have favourited in my LMS library even for artists I have followed. If no other albums by the artist are in my library I see this.

Comment

• Spev
                • May 2021

I only see albums I have favourited in my LMS library even for artists I have followed. If no other albums by the artist are in my library I see this.

I may be navigating differently? I don't think I'm going through my LMS library, from the home screen in LMS (material skin) I'm going:

Apps > spotty > artists

If I navigate through my LMS library, either via "Album artists", or "Albums", I don't see any of the Spotify stuff, just what I have on my USB HD.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                  • Jan 2010

I may be navigating differently? I don't think I'm going through my LMS library, from the home screen in LMS (material skin) I'm going:

Apps > spotty > artists

If I navigate through my LMS library, either via "Album artists", or "Albums", I don't see any of the Spotify stuff, just what I have on my USB HD.
                  OK so like this then. I never use the Artist list but yes I see the same. Very strange.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                    • Jan 2010

I also see Suburbs (Deluxe) and Suburbs (Deluxe Edition).

Comment

• slartibartfast
                      • Jan 2010

Suburbs (Deluxe Edition) doesn't appear in the Spotify app so I suspect Spotify has changed album IDs but the obsolete ones don"t get deleted from the Spotty menu.

Comment

• slartibartfast
                        • Jan 2010

Bjork is even worse.

Comment

• mherger
                          Babelfish's Best Boy
                          • Apr 2005

Thanks for the report. I can confirm I'm seeing the same. But I'm not sure there's anything I can do. Right now I believe this is a data problem on Spotify's end which will be cleared soon. Eg. I looked into "Seefeel" and got these two records back in the albums query:

Code:
                                  {
                                      "album_group": "album",
                                      "album_type": "album",
                                      "artists": [
                                          {
                                              "external_urls": {
                                                  "spotify": "https://open.spotify.com/artist/0jyH4jtanxaysaxwDVhR6f"
                                              },
                                              "href": "https://api.spotify.com/v1/artists/0jyH4jtanxaysaxwDVhR6f",
                                              "id": "0jyH4jtanxaysaxwDVhR6f",
                                              "name": "Seefeel",
                                              "type": "artist",
                                              "uri": "spotify:artist:0jyH4jtanxaysaxwDVhR6f"
                                          }
                                      ],
                                          "spotify": "https://open.spotify.com/album/1Q6ES6AJFAz2N5LQWlPdh7"
                                      },
                                      "href": "https://api.spotify.com/v1/albums/1Q6ES6AJFAz2N5LQWlPdh7",
                                      "id": "1Q6ES6AJFAz2N5LQWlPdh7",
                                      "images": [
                                          {
                                              "height": 640,
                                              "url": "https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d0000b273ccceb451e00131c952cf5111",
                                              "width": 640
                                          },
                                          {
                                              "height": 300,
                                              "url": "https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d00001e02ccceb451e00131c952cf5111",
                                              "width": 300
                                          },
                                          {
                                              "height": 64,
                                              "url": "https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d00004851ccceb451e00131c952cf5111",
                                              "width": 64
                                          }
                                      ],
                                      "name": "(Ch-Vox) Redux",
                                      "release_date": "2021-05-14",
                                      "release_date_precision": "day",
                                      "total_tracks": 12,
                                      "type": "album",
                                      "uri": "spotify:album:1Q6ES6AJFAz2N5LQWlPdh7"
                                  },
                                  {
                                      "album_group": "album",
                                      "album_type": "album",
                                      "artists": [
                                          {
                                                  "spotify": "https://open.spotify.com/artist/0jyH4jtanxaysaxwDVhR6f"
                                              },
                                              "href": "https://api.spotify.com/v1/artists/0jyH4jtanxaysaxwDVhR6f",
                                              "id": "0jyH4jtanxaysaxwDVhR6f",
                                              "name": "Seefeel",
                                              "type": "artist",
                                              "uri": "spotify:artist:0jyH4jtanxaysaxwDVhR6f"
                                          }
                                      ],
                                          "spotify": "https://open.spotify.com/album/5YMZC087G8jIy4d4qzCwuf"
                                      },
                                      "href": "https://api.spotify.com/v1/albums/5YMZC087G8jIy4d4qzCwuf",
                                      "id": "5YMZC087G8jIy4d4qzCwuf",
                                      "images": [
                                          {
                                              "height": 640,
                                              "url": "https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d0000b2736177549409699fa475c38600",
                                              "width": 640
                                          },
                                          {
                                              "height": 300,
                                              "url": "https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d00001e026177549409699fa475c38600",
                                              "width": 300
                                          },
                                          {
                                              "height": 64,
                                              "url": "https://i.scdn.co/image/ab67616d000048516177549409699fa475c38600",
                                              "width": 64
                                          }
                                      ],
                                      "name": "(Ch-Vox) Redux",
                                      "release_date": "2021-05-14",
                                      "release_date_precision": "day",
                                      "total_tracks": 12,
                                      "type": "album",
                                      "uri": "spotify:album:5YMZC087G8jIy4d4qzCwuf"
                                  },
                          I can't spot any relevant difference which would tell me which one to show and which one not to show. But what is interesting is the "release_date", which happens to be just a day ago. I guess they updated their databases but still have some cleanup to do. We'd usually also get a long list of countries in which an album or track was available. This is missing from the examples you mention. Maybe they differ for the two records, but haven't been added yet. Please ping back if the problem continues in a week or more.

Somebody already reported the issue a few weeks back... but no reaction from Spotify's end: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spo...er/m-p/5205088
                          Last edited by mherger; 2021-05-15, 05:51.
                          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                          (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Spev
                            • May 2021

Thanks for looking into that and following up

Not just me going mad then!

Comment

• glorifyday
                              • Jan 2019

Hi, what can be the reason for this?

Code:
                              [21-05-24 05:37:54.5388] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::handler (76) Authorization failed: called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Os { code: 110, kind: TimedOut, message: "Connection timed out" }: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Os { code: 110, kind: TimedOut, message: "Connection timed out" }', src/libcore/result.rs:997:5
                              note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace.
                              Aborted
                              LMS on Raspberry Pi 3B. Credentials are OK, Internet connection is present and working (bundled Logitech Tidal plugin works).

Comment

• mherger
                                Babelfish's Best Boy
                                • Apr 2005

[Announce] Spotty 4.4 - morepersonalised content

> Hi, what can be the reason for this?

Any hints about 429 errors in the Spotty settings page? Are you using
                                your own Spotify Client ID?
                                Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                                (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Working...