Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Sync'd SqeezeRadio keeps turning on

My Squeeze Radio keeps spontaneously turning on for no obvious reason. I have tried turning it off with a short press or long press to the power button. I only want to actually use it about once a month, and therefore want it off 99% of the time. It seems to go through phases. So today it just keeps turning on, then it may go for a period of time when it "behaves itself" and remains off.

- LMS 7.9.2 is running on a Raspberry Pi4, and I generally play internet radio
    - It is syn'c with 2 SB3's, and the Raspberry Pi4 which feeds an audio system via its 3.5mm headphone socket. All connected via Ethernet
    - TheSqueeze Radio is WiFi (not Ethernet), and connected permanently to mains power

Any idea what is going on and how to keep it turned off?
    SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI subwoofer
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
    Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround

Anyone?
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4

see this thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ous-turning-on

I think there is a solution toward the end of the thread, but I can't recall what is was Check it out

Jim

Thanks. It seems that setting Power On Resume to "Stop at Power Off / Remain Stopped at Power On" seems to have worked so far, fingers x'd...
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4

Quote Originally Posted by rbl View Post
    Thanks. It seems that setting Power On Resume to "Stop at Power Off / Remain Stopped at Power On" seems to have worked so far, fingers x'd...
    sure, I was a part of that thread, as my radio downstairs would turn on in the middle of the night and I would "hear people talking" downstairs. A bit frightening the first time. I made the change you mentioned, but couldn't remember exactly what that was. All I knew is I did something, and I no longer hear voices...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    sure, I was a part of that thread, as my radio downstairs would turn on in the middle of the night and I would "hear people talking" downstairs. A bit frightening the first time. I made the change you mentioned, but couldn't remember exactly what that was. All I knew is I did something, and I no longer hear voices...

Jim
    It is particularly important now that we know that Radios (and Touches and Controllers) reboot themselves every 24 days.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk