Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    520

    Sync'd SqeezeRadio keeps turning on

    My Squeeze Radio keeps spontaneously turning on for no obvious reason. I have tried turning it off with a short press or long press to the power button. I only want to actually use it about once a month, and therefore want it off 99% of the time. It seems to go through phases. So today it just keeps turning on, then it may go for a period of time when it "behaves itself" and remains off.

    - LMS 7.9.2 is running on a Raspberry Pi4, and I generally play internet radio
    - It is syn'c with 2 SB3's, and the Raspberry Pi4 which feeds an audio system via its 3.5mm headphone socket. All connected via Ethernet
    - TheSqueeze Radio is WiFi (not Ethernet), and connected permanently to mains power

    Any idea what is going on and how to keep it turned off?
    SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI subwoofer
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
    Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    520
    Anyone?
    SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI subwoofer
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
    Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Western & Northern New York
    Posts
    425
    see this thread: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ous-turning-on

    I think there is a solution toward the end of the thread, but I can't recall what is was Check it out

    Jim

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    520
    Thanks. It seems that setting Power On Resume to "Stop at Power Off / Remain Stopped at Power On" seems to have worked so far, fingers x'd...
    SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI subwoofer
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
    Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Western & Northern New York
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by rbl View Post
    Thanks. It seems that setting Power On Resume to "Stop at Power Off / Remain Stopped at Power On" seems to have worked so far, fingers x'd...
    sure, I was a part of that thread, as my radio downstairs would turn on in the middle of the night and I would "hear people talking" downstairs. A bit frightening the first time. I made the change you mentioned, but couldn't remember exactly what that was. All I knew is I did something, and I no longer hear voices...

    Jim

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    6,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    sure, I was a part of that thread, as my radio downstairs would turn on in the middle of the night and I would "hear people talking" downstairs. A bit frightening the first time. I made the change you mentioned, but couldn't remember exactly what that was. All I knew is I did something, and I no longer hear voices...

    Jim
    It is particularly important now that we know that Radios (and Touches and Controllers) reboot themselves every 24 days.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    520
    In case anyone is interested, I did a Factory Reset and that seems to have fixed the problem. I had tried reinstalling the firmware but that didn't seem to help.
    SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI subwoofer
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
    Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Western & Northern New York
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by rbl View Post
    In case anyone is interested, I did a Factory Reset and that seems to have fixed the problem. I had tried reinstalling the firmware but that didn't seem to help.
    Has it been 24 days, and about 10 hours since you did a factory reset? You can check on the radio settings->advanced->diagnostics->general info->uptime. You can see that it has rebooted by seeing the time reset after about 24 days, 10 hours.

    Also, if you still have "remain stop at power on" you probably are rebooting but just don't know it.

    But, in the end, your spontaneous turn on is solved, eh?

    Jim

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Has it been 24 days, and about 10 hours since you did a factory reset? You can check on the radio settings->advanced->diagnostics->general info->uptime. You can see that it has rebooted by seeing the time reset after about 24 days, 10 hours.

    Also, if you still have "remain stop at power on" you probably are rebooting but just don't know it.

    But, in the end, your spontaneous turn on is solved, eh?

    Jim
    It would spontaneously turn on several times a day. Then for periods of days it wouldn't. Very odd. If it turns on every 24 days then frankly that is fine... It certainly hasn't been 24 days since the factory reset...
    SB3 -> Quad 909 -> Quad Electrostatic speakers, Quad 405 -> TBI subwoofer
    3 x SB3s + SB Radio
    LMS on Raspbian on a Pi4
    Rotel RSP1068 surround processor, Quad 707 -> B&W surround

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Western & Northern New York
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by rbl View Post
    It would spontaneously turn on several times a day. Then for periods of days it wouldn't. Very odd. If it turns on every 24 days then frankly that is fine... It certainly hasn't been 24 days since the factory reset...
    Ah, I understand, and reread your op, specifically how often it turns on. If it does happen again, check the uptime and see if it did reboot. Or, just check the uptime from time to time. However, with "remain stop at power on" you probably won't be aware of if it does happen, even after 24+days, unless of course you see the uptime reset.


    Jim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •