Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LMS 7.9.4 Track Info Display

In LMS 8.0 track display in the Classic skin shows the Artist tag in the Now Playing pane. In the 7.9.4 Classic skin it shows the Album Artist rather than the Artist tag. Would it be possible to change 7.9.4 to show the Artist tag rather than the Album Artist tag? I've attached examples of both the 7.9.4 and 8.0 display.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.4 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Test system - LMS 8.0 nightly on Win10Pro - Squeezeplay
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

> In LMS 8.0 track display in the Classic skin shows the Artist tag in the
    > Now Playing pane. In the 7.9.4 Classic skin it shows the Album Artist
    > rather than the Artist tag. Would it be possible to change 7.9.4 to show
    > the Artist tag rather than the Album Artist tag? I've attached examples
    > of both the 7.9.4 and 8.0 display.

Are you sure they both are configured exactly the same? I would be
    surprised if I had updated the Classic skin in 8.0 (only). But I haven't
    double checked yet.

--

Michael

I'm pretty sure they are the same, but I'm not sure where I'd look! I run the same plugins on both, Formatting and Interface are set the same, the iTunes plugin is removed on both. Any other places I should look?
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.4 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

I can't reproduce this. Could you please post the full metadata of one
    such track as reported by the "View Tags" item from the track info menu?
    --

Michael

I've attached the tags for each system. They are copies of the same file. Each system is fully self contained with it's own library.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

A note on the 8.0 system. It shows both the Album Artist followed by the Artist. The 7.9.4 system just shows the Album Artist.

Sorry for so many replies, but it seems you don't see forum message edits.

I also see there's full info in the currently playing track on the 8.0 system, it shows the Album title and Artist in addition to the track title and duration. You'll have to view the screen clips in my first post to see the differences between 7.9.4 and 8.0 displays.

LMS > Settings > My Music, are all the options there the same for both systems?

Name:  mymusic.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  68.1 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

> LMS > Settings > My Music, are all the options there the same for both
    > systems?

And Settings/Interface.

--

Michael

Kid and Michael, - repost to add attachment
    It turns out it's a playlist format issue. I was building the playlist from Material skin by getting my songs into the now playing window and then clicking the Save icon above the list. It saves the Playlist in this funky format (see playlist "Stuff 2o" in attached zip). I reformatted the list (see playlist "Stuff 2" in attached zip) and it now shows the Artist in the now playing pane. Now I have a new problem. In the "Stuff 2" list you'll find a song #51 by "Blue Íyster Cult" is ignored. I believe this is because the "Stuff 2" playlist is a UTF8 file with the preceding BOM. In the last paragraph on page 40 of the Unicode spec it states ôUse of a BOM is neither required nor recommended for UTF-8ö .
    http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unic...andard-9.0.pdf
    I've tried it both with and without BOM and the song is still ignored. I use UTF8 so that the playlist (Stuff 2) is transportable between the music player on my phone where the Blue Íyster Cult song is recognized just fine.

This leaves me with 2 things;

1. How do I save the playlist from the right pane in a format of <drive>:<Folder>/whatever in a regular playlist format rather than this funky almost URL format
    tmp:///P:/ServerFolders/MP3%20Music/Time%20Life/1965/05%20Just%20a%20Little.mp3

2. Shouldn't LMS work just fine with UTF8 playlists with and without BOM?

Should I start new threads for these 2 things?

Thanks for putting up with all this!

Wilkes
    Attached Files Attached Files