Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPatten
    • Dec 2006

Touch USB output to Chord DAC

Just wondering if anybody is using a Touch with USB output enabled into any of the Chord Hugo DACS? I have seen many references to Raspberry PI HATS and so on but nothing on a Touch to Chord DAC via USB. What I read would suggest that the Touch's USB output would be well up to the job but just wondering if anybody has had any real world experience with this combo?
    Last edited by JPatten; 2020-09-15, 14:57.
  • Apesbrain
    • Jun 2005

Shouldn't be a problem. You'll need to install the "Enhanced Digital Output" applet on the Touch and also the "DSDPlayer" plugin on LMS if you plan to play DSD. The LMS/Touch/Hugo combo will handle up to 24/192 which includes DSD64 via DoP.

Your DAC is on this list:

Comment

• JPatten
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Apesbrain
      Shouldn't be a problem. You'll need to install the "Enhanced Digital Output" applet on the Touch and also the "DSDPlayer" plugin on LMS if you plan to play DSD. The LMS/Touch/Hugo combo will handle up to 24/192 which includes DSD64 via DoP.

Your DAC is on this list:
      https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post699737
      Thanks for that! I was actually planning to use the USB output rather than coax. Is there any reason why not too?

Comment

• Apesbrain
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by JPatten
        Thanks for that! I was actually planning to use the USB output rather than coax. Is there any reason why not too?
        Saw that and deleted my comment re coax before your reply. Either should work fine. Just optical that can be a little fussy.

Comment

Working...