Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should I update, and if so how?

I am running LMS 7.9.2 currently, and Spotty 4.3.0. A week or so ago, Spotify stopped working for my thru LMS. Spotify still works normally, and thru my receiver that has a client built-in. But it doesn't work thru LMS. Everything gives the appearance of working -- if I look in the spotify app on my phone, it allows me to pick the devices I've setup in Spotty, and shows time advancing in tracks, but no sound. I should note I just today updated to Spotty 4.3.0 to see if it would fix the problem, but no joy. Don't know what it was at prior.

A couple of other oddities: If I use the LMS web interface, under My Apps, it shows nothing but App Gallery, which gets an error if I select it. On iPeng (which is normally how I interact with LMS), it *does* show the expected apps, but when I select Spotty, I can't get it to do anything *useful*. Search fails, nothing shows up in Albums, Artists, etc.

I am wondering if I should update to LMS 8.0/Spotty 4.0? Are there known compatibility issues with the "older" versions? Did Spotify change something recently on the back end?

If the advice is to update, how do I get to LMS 8.0? I apologize that it's not immediately obvious to me. I'm sure there's a post you could point me to. Also of note, I am running this on PiCorePlayer 5.0.0.

Thanks for any helpful guidance!

Reflash SD card to piCorePlayer 6.1.x
    Install LMS
    Follow the howto to get it to 8.0.x
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml
    Last edited by d6jg; 2020-09-18 at 16:06.

This sounds like a networking problem. Please check your server.log file.
    --

Michael

Interesting.

There are lots of these pairs:

[70-01-06 18:16:38.9932] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1431) API call: me/player?market=from_token
    [70-01-06 18:16:38.9936] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1435) error: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor

What does it mean?

> [70-01-06 18:16:38.9932] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1431) API call:
    > me/player?market=from_token
    > [70-01-06 18:16:38.9936] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1435) error:
    > Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
    >
    > What does it mean?

Are you on Windows? If so, what LMS version?

--

Michael

Server is on piCorePlayer, version 5.0.0
    LMS (on piCorePlayer) is Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:21:10 CET 2020

Note that I have this problem on a separate piCorePlayer (as client) and on the server itself as client.

Quote Originally Posted by tastewar View Post
    Interesting.

There are lots of these pairs:

[70-01-06 18:16:38.9932] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1431) API call: me/player?market=from_token
    [70-01-06 18:16:38.9936] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1435) error: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor

What does it mean?
    I'd first fix getting network time. The system time has not been set - it is still 1970. Is the network connection working ?

Back in pCP 5, LMS was started before time sync was finished, which was not an issue for http connection. With more and more going https, You do need a accurate time. If you upgrade to 6.1.0, we wait for the time before launching LMS.

However based on the time stamps, the date is not getting set for quite a while.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Intriguing! Server is running on a "normal" pi (I forget what generation; definitely not the current one therefore!), and connected via on-board ethernet. I can't see where to enable or disable NTP or SNTP or any other clock options. Where can I see or affect time related settings? As far as I can tell, everything else is working fine, network-wise. I can see the LMS web UI, the pCP web UI, I can play music from my local (on a USB hard disk) music collection. Just no Spotty...

Quote Originally Posted by tastewar View Post
    Intriguing! Server is running on a "normal" pi (I forget what generation; definitely not the current one therefore!), and connected via on-board ethernet. I can't see where to enable or disable NTP or SNTP or any other clock options. Where can I see or affect time related settings? As far as I can tell, everything else is working fine, network-wise. I can see the LMS web UI, the pCP web UI, I can play music from my local (on a USB hard disk) music collection. Just no Spotty...
    All those network activities are local. Does the system have access to the internet ?

Is network routing set up correctly - not sure about pcp but try command "route -n"