Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Taghycardia- Ripping Lyrics in batches

I found this software https://taghycardia.info/ for embedding Lyrics into tags (for a nominal fee $5 it will handle FLAC files, freeware only MP3s). I am thinking of trying this out on my library, but wonder if there are any issues with having lyrics in tags for LMS. For example does it slow scanning time appreciably or anything else I should be aware of? I tried it on one folder of a folk music artist and it seemed to work fine. It did not tag all the songs but some; I guess that is a function of the Lyrics database it uses. It is windows program but I am using it through WINE on my Linux Mint PC and it seems to work fine. It says in the software description that it has Shazzam like ability to tag songs not labbelled but so far I haven't been able to get that working.

EDIT: Caveat Emptor . I successfully used Tagycardia on my organized folders on my PC and had no apparent problems. However when I tried it on a USB stick for the car which was just one long list of music tracks(300) it retagged all the tracks with one album and artist. I guess I inadvertently caused that. So be careful if you use Tagycardia
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2020-09-23 at 09:49.
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Not sure, but if you use the Full Text Search plugin it may slow scanning if full text search also does lyrics embedded in songs. @Mherger would be able to answer if full text search includes lyrics.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.4 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Test system - LMS 8.0 nightly on Win10Pro - Squeezeplay
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Not sure, but if you use the Full Text Search plugin it may slow scanning if full text search also does lyrics embedded in songs. @Mherger would be able to answer if full text search includes lyrics.
    I think full text search does include lyrics. I have seen some songs that I didn't expect in search results and that was caused by the search term appearing in the lyrics.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    I found this software https://taghycardia.info/ for embedding Lyrics into tags (for a nominal fee $5 it will handle FLAC files, freeware only MP3s). I am thinking of trying this out on my library, but wonder if there are any issues with having lyrics in tags for LMS. For example does it slow scanning time appreciably or anything else I should be aware of? I tried it on one folder of a folk music artist and it seemed to work fine. It did not tag all the songs but some; I guess that is a function of the Lyrics database it uses. It is windows program but I am using it through WINE on my Linux Mint PC and it seems to work fine. It says in the software description that it has Shazzam like ability to tag songs not labbelled but so far I haven't been able to get that working.
    I would try the music and artist information plugin first. If some tracks have missing lyrics you can add your own with a text file.

I only briefly looked, but I would want to know exactly how it is adding lyrics to the metadata. Is it a TXXX custom field or what?
    Using: Win10 64 + LMS 8 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations

Quote Originally Posted by BJW View Post
    I only briefly looked, but I would want to know exactly how it is adding lyrics to the metadata. Is it a TXXX custom field or what?
    If you mean Taghycardia it writes lyrics to a tag, presumably LYRICS.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If you mean Taghycardia it writes lyrics to a tag, presumably LYRICS.

Yes that is correct
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

And this tag is an entirely and wholly separate thing from id3?

Is there a link or documentation to this standard?
    Using: Win10 64 + LMS 8 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations