Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Lost my settings.html file?

Running several squeezeboxes on a Raspberry Pi for a little while now. (I still have one of the old "dot matrix" models somewhere...)

Always pleased and it usually "just works".

Recently, due to a problem with the Pi, I wiped a lot of things using Googled Ubuntu commands and almost zero knowledge. Thought I'd built everything back properly, as the Squeezeboxes/Controllers/Web Interface have all been working fine.

However, I wanted to turn on the digital output of a player, so went to the Player tab in Server Settings. It says
    404 Not Found: settings/player/basic.html

I'm not really sure where this file is supposed to be. Shall I just reinstall the server? Will that make this file? (My players seem to have my settings on them, so maybe I do have the file somewhere else?)

Thanks for any help.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:17:56 CET 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv8l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.20.2 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.002
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Total Players Recognized: 2

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBath View Post
    However, I wanted to turn on the digital output of a player, so went to the Player tab in Server Settings. It says
    404 Not Found: settings/player/basic.html

I'm not really sure where this file is supposed to be.
    Fwiw, on my Pi-installed LMS, it's at

/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/HTML/EN/settings/player/basic.html

(That's for Debian.)

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBath View Post
    Shall I just reinstall the server? Will that make this file? (My players seem to have my settings on them, so maybe I do have the file somewhere else?)
    The html file is just a webpage (part of one of the LMS interfaces) that allows you to change the settings — the settings themselves will be stored elsewhere in the LMS code.

It seems like your 're-build' wasn't quite right. I'd be inclined to reinstall LMS.

You might want to back up your preferences before doing so. (Just copy the prefs folder — you can find its location at the bottom of the 'Information' tab in 'Settings'.)
    Duet x 3, via various hi-fi. LMS on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian 10) on a Pi4.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderJon View Post
    You might want to back up your preferences before doing so. (Just copy the prefs folder Ś you can find its location at the bottom of the 'Information' tab in 'Settings'.)
    However, if settings.html is the missing file then I guess you won't see it.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    However, if settings.html is the missing file then I guess you won't see it.
    As mentioned above, settings.html doesn't contain the settings Ś it's just a web page that you use to change the settings. The fact that it's missing won't affect the prefs folder at all, as that's completely separate.

Fwiw, server settings are stored in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/server.prefs (at least, they are in my Debian install of LMS).
    Last edited by SpiderJon; 2020-09-06 at 06:41.
    Duet x 3, via various hi-fi. LMS on Raspberry Pi OS (Debian 10) on a Pi4.

Lost my settings.html file?

> However, I wanted to turn on the digital output of a player, so went to
    > the Player tab in Server Settings. It says
    > 404 Not Found: settings/player/basic.html

Which skin are you using? Where are you selecting this link? What does
    server.log say?

--

Michael

Thanks everyone. copied my prefs and installed a newer server.

Easy and quick - the settings page is back.

Michael, the page that didn't load was "http://pi:9000/Default/settings/index.html?player=00:04:25:16:a7:63&player=00:04:2 0:26:a7:52" (but I'm pretty certain it was my bumbling around that screwed it up in the first place)!