Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    [QUOTE=dubhead106;987607]Since this new login mechanism for Tidal, after I logged in again on mysqueezebox for Tidal, everything works fine. I can browse through my collection, playlists, favourites just fine. There is only one small problem, there is only silence coming from my players.

I removed (and purged): logitechmediaserver_8.0.0~1589867264_arm.deb (removed all directories/plugins).
    I have installed: logitechmediaserver_8.0.0~1599321733_arm.deb

My players are pi's with squeezelite. They can play AAC radio streams.

But Tidal remains silent.

(new information)

Some tracks do play others don't.

The ones that don't log:

[20-09-05 23:56:57.0650] Slim::Plugin::WiMP::ProtocolHandler::_getTrack (234) Getting next track playback info from SN for wimp://35535788.mp3

The ones that do log:

[20-09-05 23:57:21.2126] Slim::Plugin::WiMP::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFo r (411) Need to fetch metadata for: 77036430
    [20-09-05 23:57:21.2201] Slim::Plugin::WiMP::ProtocolHandler::_getTrack (234) Getting next track playback info from SN for wimp://77036430.mp4
    [20-09-05 23:57:21.6581] Slim::Plugin::WiMP::ProtocolHandler::_gotBulkMetad ata (463) Caching metadata for 1 tracks
    [20-09-05 23:57:22.2187] Slim::Plugin::WiMP::ProtocolHandler::new (74) Remote streaming TIDAL track: http://ab-pr-fa.audio.tidal.com/2d4d...Q4MjUwZmMxYw==

So it seems that LMS asks for mp3 for some tracks. These don't play, in line with what Michael said (Tidal doesn' offer them), but if Tidal doesn't offer mp3 anymore, why do the still send mp3 urls to LMS?

The mp4/aac urls work fine.

I have removed the complete LMS install and the /var/lib/squeeboxserver directory, so no old data should linger on on my server.

Tidal will not play

>> So it seems that LMS asks for mp3 for some tracks. These don't play, in
    >> line with what Michael said (Tidal doesn' offer them), but if Tidal
    >> doesn't offer mp3 anymore, why do the still send mp3 urls to LMS?

Are you playing playlists saved in LMS, rather than on TIDAL?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    >> So it seems that LMS asks for mp3 for some tracks. These don't play, in
    >> line with what Michael said (Tidal doesn' offer them), but if Tidal
    >> doesn't offer mp3 anymore, why do the still send mp3 urls to LMS?

Are you playing playlists saved in LMS, rather than on TIDAL?

--

Michael
    Hi Michael,

Since I have removed the old version of LMS (including the /var/lib/squeezeboxserver dir, I believe there is no playlist information left in LMS. Anyway I choose the Tidal menu item under "applications", then favorites, artists, etc.

But I have good news. I retried today... and I tried a lot of favourite artists, albums, tracks and playlists, and they all worked!!!
    So somehow there were some old invalid urls cached somewhere that seem to have synched overnight.

I am very happy that I can play my Tidal tracks in LMS again. Thanks for all the good work!

Let me recap on what I did:

After the login change, I went to mysqueezebox, logged out from Tidal, logged back in again.
    That made browsing possible, but playing meant skipping to the last track of the album and no sound.

I then removed logitechmediaserver_8.0.0~1589867264_arm.deb (purged and manually removed /var/lib/squeezeboxserver)
    I installed logitechmediaserver_8.0.0~1599321733_arm.deb.
    On mysqueezebox.com I logged out of Tidal, removed it from my applications, added it again.

Then all the browsing worked flawlessly, but still no sound.
    Hours later I tried again, and some tracks did work (showing AAC as the format), a lot still didn't (mp3).
    That was yesterday evening. But now today, I did try a lot of my favourites, and they all played.

For your information, my players are:

1 pi (with HifiBerry Amp), with piCorePlayer 5.0.0, Squeezelite v1.9.6-1194-pCP
    1 pi (with HifiBerry DAC+ pro), with squeezlite (build from sources) v1.8.5-823

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > So the big question, ReadyNAS or Rasperry Pi? i think the cost is the
    > same but with the ReadyNAS i can rip my cd and have there to

When it comes to running LMS only, I'd recommend Raspberry Pi with
    piCorePlayer.org. You can still get a NAS in addition if you need file
    services. The Pi can connect to the NAS. It's the setup I'm using
    myself: Pi running LMS, ReadyNAS serving the files.

--

Michael

I have now a rasperry PI 3 B and its running sň i can lisen thru the 3.5mm audio jack with headphones. So now to the stupid question, i dont have cabel where i have my squeezebox and amp,I thought I could stream from the rasperry PI to Squeezebox, but thats not work?
    I have to conect the Rasperry Pi to the Squeezebox and set up my Rasperry PI to WiFi? Thats correct?

What are you hoping to achieve?

Do you already have LMS running on your LAN or is that what the Raspberry Pi is for?

Do you want to continue to use the RPi to play music - in addition to the Squeezebox?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    What are you hoping to achieve?

Do you already have LMS running on your LAN or is that what the Raspberry Pi is for?

Do you want to continue to use the RPi to play music - in addition to the Squeezebox?

Before i run squeezebox from mysqueezbox and stream Tidal, and thats no longer work without Tidal HIFI.
    I get a tips to run LMS on the rasperry PI to stream Tidal, and i am beginner to use Rasperry Pi, never heard of it before i get in here But its a lot of help here i understand Im greatful
    So now the issue how to plug it in so i can stream tidal at my squeezbox.

Easy route is to overwrite your SD card with piCorePlayer.
    If you do not want to plug headphones into it (i.e. not use as a player) then use a short Ethernet cable and plug it into a spare port on your LAN router/hub.

Then read through the guides at
    https://www.picoreplayer.org
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Easy route is to overwrite your SD card with piCorePlayer.
    If you do not want to plug headphones into it (i.e. not use as a player) then use a short Ethernet cable and plug it into a spare port on your LAN router/hub.

Then read through the guides at
    https://www.picoreplayer.org
    Im a beginner so i may ask stupid questions. so its up and running and i can use it with my headphons, i can stream for Tidal, my questions is how i can get the music to my Squeezebox duet, I thought i could plug the Rasperry Pi into my LAN ruter and then stream to my Squeezebox, but will it get if i have a minijack to Phono ann plug it in my Squeezebox.

Which model Squeezebox do you have? Not all have audio input via the 3.5mm socket (some are for output only)

The typical way to do this would be to run LMS on your Raspberry Pi. Is that how you played Tidal on it or via some other mechanism?

If you do have LMS running and Tidal working then you should be able to reconfigure your Squeezebox to use that LMS as your server rather than mysqueezebox
    From the menu you need to find the item to switch music sources.
    Paul Webster

Which model Squeezebox do you have? Not all have audio input via the 3.5mm socket (some are for output only)

The typical way to do this would be to run LMS on your Raspberry Pi. Is that how you played Tidal on it or via some other mechanism?

If you do have LMS running and Tidal working then you should be able to reconfigure your Squeezebox to use that LMS as your server rather than mysqueezebox
    From the menu you need to find the item to switch music sources.

I have Duet. The Rasperry Pi can Stream from Tidal when i use headphons, Before i run Tidal on Duet with mysqueezebox but now Tidal dont work with mysqueezebox so them a gay Michael told me i can use rasperry pi to run LMS on, but this is new to me.
    I dont know how det duet can play tidal. If i now swith to Squeezebox receiver so use that mysqueezebox and I can only play internett radio and not Tidal because it is not supported.
    If I swith to piCore player than Tidal work but only from the 3,5mm socet.