Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS 7.9.2 does not start automatically on Windows 10 Version 2004

I have had LMS 7.9.2 running on three different Windows 10 machines on three different networks with no problems for a long time. But then one by one, all three instances suddenly stopped loading automatically, even though under Control Panel -> Status -> Startup Options the setting was always Automatically Run at Login. The only way to get LMS to start, and stay running, was to change this setting to Don't Start Automatically, and then start manually as the Administrator. But even this approach seemed buggy, because I would have to click the Start button, sit for 30 seconds while LMS started, and then stopped on its own, and then click the Start button a second time. Only after clicking Start a second time would LMS keep running.

Eventually, what I discovered is that this problem started when the Windows 10 version was updated from 1909 to 2004. I tried re-installing LMS 7.9.2 under Windows version 2004 many times, but I always obtained the same result. What I also eventually discovered is that the problem goes away if I install instead LMS 7.8.1-1452060482, an older version that I have lying around. So now I have LMS 7.8.1 running under Windows version 2004 on all three networks, and everything is working normally again, with startup set to Automatically Run at Login.

I searched the forum expecting to find that others were were experiencing this same problem, but I could not find anything similar.

I would like to return to LMS 7.9.2, or even 7.9.3, but I need the startup to work properly. So for now, unless someone has some definitive ideas, I will stay with LMS 7.8.1.

Thank you.

LMS 7.9.2 does not startautomatically on Windows 10 Version 2004

> I would like to return to LMS 7.9.2, or even 7.9.3, but I need the
    > startup to work properly. So for now, unless someone has some
    > definitive ideas, I will stay with LMS 7.8.1.

Get the latest 7.9.3 release: https://www.mysqueezebox.com/download,
    install it on top of what you have. The issue you're seeing is the
    reason why I released 7.9.3 a few days ago.

--

Michael

That worked!

Thank you very much, 7.9.3 solved the problem.

Get the latest 7.9.3 release: https://www.mysqueezebox.com/download,
    install it on top of what you have.
    --

I've been having the same problem with Windows 7.

LMS 7.9.3 just fixed it - thank you!