Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Will any PCM5122 Dac hat work with my Pi 3 B+ model running latest Picore player

Hi,

I am very happy to join this forum firstly. I have recently purchased the Pi 3 B+ model and successfully loaded the pi core player and running LMS without a problem. I noticed that the sound from the 3.5mm jack is very poor quality. I have searched for various HAT and found one within my budget (link below).

Now my question is will it work with this raspberry pi model using the pi core player?

PS. overlooked forum rules sorry..will post link in next post

Best to check on the specific model you are looking at, but it should work.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3298...c00DjTxFK&mp=1

the above link is the DAC hat I am interested .. will it work with the PI 3B+ ? Highly appreciate if anyone can confirm.

The PCM5122 chip is used on a number of DAC hats (Allo Piano, for example https://www.allo.com/sparky/piano-dac.html) as well as some HiFiBerry Hats.

I would therefore be very surprised if the DAC Hat you linked to did not work, using for example, the PcP Squeezelite settings for 'Hifiberry DAC+'
    Last edited by Yatsushiro; 2020-08-26 at 12:08. Reason: Additional Info...

Ordered the Dac

Order the DAC HAT from aliexpress will take some time to reach due to the ongoing situation.Hoping that it will improve the sq from the 3.5mm jack on Pi. Just pray that it works with the Pi using the picore player.

And one issue I found as playing the Rumours Album of Fleetwood Mac in 24 bits, the tracks skips and stutters. Does any one have any idea whats going on?

Quote Originally Posted by PikuPi View Post
    Order the DAC HAT from aliexpress will take some time to reach due to the ongoing situation.Hoping that it will improve the sq from the 3.5mm jack on Pi. Just pray that it works with the Pi using the picore player.

And one issue I found as playing the Rumours Album of Fleetwood Mac in 24 bits, the tracks skips and stutters. Does any one have any idea whats going on?
    How / where are you storing your music files ? you'll never get audiophile quality from the 3.5 Jack on the pi - feed the analogue or digital outputs of the DAC into your hi fi amp / preamp and use the the headphone socket on your amplifier.
    We can't stop here this is bat country. RIP Hunter S Thompson.

Intel NUC i5 Debian 16gb RAM 1TB SSD -> LMS -> Chord Qutest DAC / Cambridge Audio CXN V2 -> Meridian 551 -> Monitor Audio Gold -> Me