Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Problem running alternative jivelite.sh configuration

Hi All

Thanks for a great forum, I've just used 10 hours reading trying to figure out what is probaly a small problem (for those with knowledge :-)

My setup is a RPI4 with Audiophonics dac and a waveshare 5.5 oled display. I've trien MAX2PLAY but way too messy, so switched to PCP and that is great.

The problem is that the Waveshare display is portrait mode, rotating the screen is done in config file so quite easy, but the touchpad XY is swapped, many treads on this topic. I found this guide www-thefanclub-co-za/how-to/how-setup-picoreplayer-jivelite-use-waveshare-55-amoled-touchscreen

And the guide is quite good, but didn't work.

My system won't runt my modified jivelite.sh file, I have stored it in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh, on boot do system run the std. jivelite.sh file

My current hack was to modify /opt/bootlocal.sh like this in order to run the modified jivelite.sh. By the way is the resolutions scaling explained in the link super great, noe I just need to scale the touch X and Y axis then the MMI is done
    #pCPstart------
    /usr/local/etc/init.d/pcp_startup.sh 2>&1 | tee -a /var/log/pcp_boot.log
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/jivelite.sh 2>&1

But I feel this is a dirty way.... can one of you help me understand why it don't grab my local jivelite.sh as expected ?

The code in pcp_startup.sh seems to look for /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh ??

export HOME=/home/tc
    # Alternative jivelite script, mainly used for waveshare devices. Located on persistent partition. (/mnt/mmcblk0p2 or partition where tce is located)
    if [ -x ${TCEMNT}/tce/jivelite.sh ]; then
    sudo -E -b ${TCEMNT}/tce/jivelite.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    echo " ${GREEN}Done.${NORMAL}"
    elif [ -x /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh ]; then
    sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    echo " ${GREEN}Done.${NORMAL}"
    else
    Last edited by vejnoe; 2020-08-22 at 14:10. Reason: additional info

Are you sure the file is in the correct spot. You hack in bootlocal runs a file in a not correct location.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Hi Paul

I placed the alternative jivelite.sh file in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh

but thanks for your help, that made me read the copy of my changes, and the line in the /opt/bootlocal.sh didn't run anyway and was pointing to a wrong directory.

So that mean that the std. code in running my file now.... quite strange actually :-)

Now the good question is if I know what I did, I would like to write a personal guide so I can redo the installation from scratch.