Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Boom Presets

Boom Presets

Having cranked the Boom back into life with so much help from Forum members (esp. Michael), i am left with one last small issue. The presets won't work properly. Having set the six I want, I find if I go from one to another, it tends to take the station I was last listening to with it, so I wind up with the same station on buttons 3, 4, 5, and 6. For some reason, preset buttons 1 & 2 hold the stations in memory. I've tried a factory reset, but that didn't fix things. Not a massive problem, but if there is a simple solution, I'd be happy to know what it is.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Having cranked the Boom back into life with so much help from Forum members (esp. Michael), i am left with one last small issue. The presets won't work properly. Having set the six I want, I find if I go from one to another, it tends to take the station I was last listening to with it, so I wind up with the same station on buttons 3, 4, 5, and 6. For some reason, preset buttons 1 & 2 hold the stations in memory. I've tried a factory reset, but that didn't fix things. Not a massive problem, but if there is a simple solution, I'd be happy to know what it is.

Allen
    Sounds like your pressing the button for too long.

Press and hold to store a station, short press to play it.

If you have LMS running locally, you can use the "Presets editor" plugin to store your stations/playlists/favourites.

Name:  presets.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  89.5 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi

Boom Presets

Well I've tried that. LMS is shown as running, but when I reach the page you show, if I click on Players I see the message "The Player was not found". I've tried everything I can think of, including resetting the account with a new password. Even tried a factory reset, but no luck. I've just noticed too, that what appears to be happening which is very confusing is that when i press one of the preset buttons, the Boom connects to the correct station, but shows a totally different one on the display. The display also reverts to the date and time after a few seconds. I'm sure it used to show the station detail as a continuous crawl across the screen.
    Last edited by Allen; 2020-08-19 at 07:36. Reason: new information.

Well I've tried that. LMS is shown as running, but when I reach the page you show, if I click on Players I see the message "The Player was not found". I've tried everything I can think of, including resetting the account with a new password. Even tried a factory reset, but no luck.
    Is your player connected to LMS or mysqueezebox.com, it can't be connected to both at the same time?
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Is your player connected to LMS or mysqueezebox.com, it can't be connected to both at the same time?
    Ah. I see what you mean, I think. If I connect to LMS, then it doesn't want to play anything. It just shows the station. It used to be so simple, and I never had these problems when I first got it. I'll check out the LMS Display page and see whether it now shows the Player has been found and re post. Thanks for your patience and help.

Allen

Boom Presets

I've switched to LMS, but nothing plays. I've clicked on "My Presets" on the Boom, But get a message "Error on HTTP Socket".

Allen

I've switched to LMS, but nothing plays. I've clicked on "My Presets" on the Boom, But get a message "Error on HTTP Socket".

Allen
    Probably not relevant but your MySqueezebox presets will not show up when your player is connected to LMS. You will need to set new ones.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Probably not relevant but your MySqueezebox presets will not show up when your player is connected to LMS. You will need to set new ones.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I'll try that. But may just use MySqueezebox and not bother with the presets. They used to work. Not that all important. Only 6 sations, so I have to scroll to find them anyway.