Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Two piCorePlayers synchronized - Trouble with LMS "Power On Resume" setting

I have two piCorePlayers that are synchronized together. I am having trouble with the LMS "Power On Resume" setting. If I turn off the power to a player (in LMS, iPeng, or a physical button the player) while music is playing, when I turn the player back on, the track will be in a Paused or Stopped condition. It works correctly if the players are NOT synchronized. This only happens when I have the players synchronized together. I want to be able to turn a player back on, and not have to access LMS to restart the music. The "Synchronize Power" and "Synchronize Volume" are both turned ON in LMS as well for both of the players.

System details:

LMS Version 7.7.6

Player #1 - Pi Zero W, HiFiBerry Amp2, Encoder control using pcp_sbpd.tcz extension, pCP version 6.1.0 www v009.

Player #2 - Pi 3B+, Analog Output, pCP version 6.0.0 www v009

I am not sure if this is a piCorePlayer problem or a LMS problem. I searched the various forums and could not find any issue similar to mine.

Thanks,

Steve

That seems about right for sync. There is a group players pluggin, that might handle it the way you want. but not sure if it works in that old of a LMS server.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Group-Players
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    That seems about right for sync. There is a group players pluggin, that might handle it the way you want. but not sure if it works in that old of a LMS server.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-Group-Players
    Thanks paul. I did not realize that my LMS was old, as I just put it together a few months ago. I will investigate that, and the group players plugin.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Thanks paul. I did not realize that my LMS was old, as I just put it together a few months ago. I will investigate that, and the group players plugin.

Steve
    you should install LMS 7.9.3 (or 8.0)
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify