Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Receiver slow blinking red, controller stuck

Hi all. After a power outage, my squeezebox duet front light was solid blue, & the controller (which I hadn't used in a while, preferring ipeng via iphone) is stuck on displaying the logitech symbol (actually it goes blank for 3 seconds, then goes back to the symbol), with all function lights lit. I pressed the front button on the receiver before I noticed the state of the controller, & now it's slow blinking red (about 1.5 seconds of red, then 1.5 secs off, then red etc), which I gather is an indication of its being ready to reset it, but how do I do this with the controller apparently malfunctioning?

Ipeng only shows iphone as a player.
    I have the duet receiver connected to fios router by ethernet.

Thanks!

On the controller I'd try pulling the battery and re-installing. If it starts up you can then go to settings -> advanced and see if you can do a factory reset. If that works then do a long press on the receiver button until you get the fast red blink then release the button. You should now be able to go through the setup process for the Duet system as documented in the install documents.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    On the controller I'd try pulling the battery and re-installing. If it starts up you can then go to settings -> advanced and see if you can do a factory reset. If that works then do a long press on the receiver button until you get the fast red blink then release the button. You should now be able to go through the setup process for the Duet system as documented in the install documents.
    Unfortunately I can't get the controller to go beyond the logitech symbol. & yes, I have tried removing the battery, multiple times.
    Thanks for the reply.

The only other suggestion to reset the controller is in post #6 in this thread;
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...oller-has-died
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

The only other suggestion to reset the controller is in post #6 in this thread;
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...oller-has-died
    Thanks! Really appreciate your help. That got the controller working again. Now it's having "problem connecting" to the squeezebox. I haven't had to deal with this in so long I can't remember what I used to do when this happened, I'll try to figure it out, but any help appreciated. Right now the light on the receiver is bright white/yellow-ish.

Thanks.

Sounds like you need to do a factory reset on the controller and receiver. On the receiver hold the front button until you get a fast red blink and then release, it will drop back to a slow red blink once you release the front button. Then you can set up the controller. It eventually asks you to select a player. The receiver should show in the list by its MAC address. When you select the receiver the controller will configure the wifi credentials for the receiver. You should see the LED on the receiver go yellow -> green -> blue and then dim white when it connects to LMS. You should no be good to go.

Sounds like you need to do a factory reset on the controller and receiver. On the receiver hold the front button until you get a fast red blink and then release, it will drop back to a slow red blink once you release the front button. Then you can set up the controller. It eventually asks you to select a player. The receiver should show in the list by its MAC address. When you select the receiver the controller will configure the wifi credentials for the receiver. You should see the LED on the receiver go yellow -> green -> blue and then dim white when it connects to LMS. You should no be good to go.
    Strange, after my initial problem, now I couldn't get it to blink red again! Just yellow. & I couldn't get out of this loop of selecting my squeezebox from the controller, & it saying "connecting", but never doing so...until after 20 or 30 attempts, it magically did, a day later, & the reciever finally went through the "correct" colour sequences. No idea what happened...but all working fine now.

Really appreciate your help w3wilkes.