Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Well I have looked back and read the thread (I know, I know, shouda dun that first ) and if people who know a lot more about it are involved, I give up.

Is the touch connected by ethernet or wireless

Modern routers are often dual band and it sometimes helps to give each band its own unique SSID, the touch only needs 2.4Ghz (b and g I think).

Have you tried a reset on the touch and connecting to the new network ?

ronnie
    It's connected via ethernet. The Virgin Hub has assigned it a 192.168.0.X IP address.

Even with all the players unplugged I still get the port errors in the LMS Control Panel. I think the players are a red herring and until the LMS has the port issues resolved none of them will connect to the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard24 View Post
    Thank you for that . I typed in the IP address of my LMS and on the touch it said: "Update Software, Music (name of my library) needs to be updated to a newer version of the Logitech Media Server. Please visit mysqueezebox.com/downloads to download the latest version."
    I think there is (was?) a bug in LMS 8.x similar to the Radio 'version bug'. See
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post997366

The latest build of LMS 8.0.1 from today is supposed to fix that (8.0.1 - 1606889944 @ Wed Dec 2 07:52:04 CET 2020).
    2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer v6.1.0 on RaspBerry 3B
    LMS 8.0.1 on Ubuntu 20.04.1 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB. All wired
    Main audio system: Magnepan 3.6, amp "Gdis 400", DAC & pre: NAD M51, streamers: SB Touch // NAD M50

It's connected via ethernet. The Virgin Hub has assigned it a 192.168.0.X IP address.

Even with all the players unplugged I still get the port errors in the LMS Control Panel. I think the players are a red herring and until the LMS has the port issues resolved none of them will connect to the server.
    It would appear then to be either a network, firewall or anti-virus software problem

If you installed Squeezeplay, would it connect to the LMS (just a suggestion, with nor idea behind it )

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by BosseJ View Post
    I think there is (was?) a bug in LMS 8.x similar to the Radio 'version bug'. See
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post997366

The latest build of LMS 8.0.1 from today is supposed to fix that (8.0.1 - 1606889944 @ Wed Dec 2 07:52:04 CET 2020).
    Arrgh, looks like the AVG firewall took exception to the ISP switch. By classifying the new network as "Private" all the ports associated with the LMS have come back as "OK" and the players can now connect to the server.

Arrgh, looks like the AVG firewall took exception to the ISP switch. By classifying the new network as "Private" all the ports associated with the LMS have come back as "OK" and the players can now connect to the server.
    Doh, I have had that issue before . Although in my case it was Zonealarm.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk