SqueezePlay on macOS 10.15: where do I find the log output?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AF1
    • Jul 2010

SqueezePlay on macOS 10.15: where do I find the log output?

Hello.

I use SqueezePlay on macOS (10.13+10.15). The wiki says to look for log message in the console (app) but I can't seem to find anything SqueezePlay related in the logs there (neither in the macOS system.log). And I switched a bunch of SqueezePlayer's protcol categories to DEBUG. Am I blind? There should be something somewhere, no?

Would you please tell me where to look for the log(s) of the macOS SqueezePlay app on a macOS 10.15 system?

Thank you.
    Last edited by AF1; 2020-08-15, 15:32.
    Report a problem
  • karlek
    • Apr 2015

I may be wrong, but I think it’s not about a SqueezePlay log. It’s about a Serverlog with entries from SqueezePlay. The latter is stored OS specific, so have a look at Settings-Information in LMS Webinterface.

Comment

• AF1
      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by karlek
      I may be wrong, but I think it’s not about a SqueezePlay log. It’s about a Serverlog with entries from SqueezePlay. The latter is stored OS specific, so have a look at Settings-Information in LMS Webinterface.
      I thought so too. But nomatter how many log categories I enable Squeezeplay's own log don't seem to show up there.
      Report a problem

Comment

• karlek
        • Apr 2015

Maybe you could elaborate your problem or what you’re looking for a little more?
        Regarding a log on Mac OSX, I wouldn’t know, where else to search.

Comment

• AF1
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by karlek
          Maybe you could elaborate your problem or what you’re looking for a little more?
          Regarding a log on Mac OSX, I wouldn’t know, where else to search.
          It really is quite frustrating. Without logs, it's like I'm flying blind and all I can do is trial and error...
          I'm working on the NowPlaying applet. I want it to get the current track's comment tag value and then display stuff (rating icons) if it finds the keywords for the ratings (e.g. "5_StarRating"). It's all in this thread.
          Thank you, karlek.
          Report a problem

Comment

Working...