Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    The -C option was indeed active, value was set to 5. I don't remember that I set this value myself, so I think the -C option was active by default. Anyway after disabling the -C function by entering value 0 the HDMI output stays active when squeezelite is paused. So the script now works as I want. Thanks a lot for your support!
    The only reason to use the -C option is when using things like Shairport-sync, or playing from a bluetooth phone to your device. The -C option tells squeezelite to release the audio hardware (So other applications can use it).
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    @WadDad, are there other situations in which the screen is turned OFF while you would want to keep it ON?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The only reason to use the -C option is when using things like Shairport-sync, or playing from a bluetooth phone to your device. The -C option tells squeezelite to release the audio hardware (So other applications can use it).
    Thanks for this information. I do have the Bluetooth extension installed, so maybe then the -C option was set. I suppose that with the -C option disabled I need to turn off the squeezelite player (such that also the HDMI output is switched off) to be able to play audio from a bluetooth source. That is no problem for me, since I use the HDMI output of my RPi0W only for displaying the Jivelite screen and not for audio. I have checked that after turning off the squeezelite player I can still use pCP to play audio from a bluetooth source. So that is OK then.
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |