Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itm
    • May 2008

Boom screen goes blank, and won't connect to LMS after reboot

My Squeezebox Boom disappeared from LMS server yesterday, and the display went blank. I power cycled it a couple of times, but each time it only got as far as the "Obtaining IP address" message before the screen went blank again. It remained disconnected from the LMS server.
    Eventually I disconnected the ethernet cable, and connected it to wifi instead. After 2-3 attempts I got it to reconnect to the LMS server. I reconnected the ethernet cable this afternoon.
    This evening I found the display on the Boom was blank again. When I power cycled it the date eventually appeared on the screen, but it was not visible from the LMS server console. If I press the power button nothing happens (the date remains on the display). If I press the big selector/volume knob on the front the display says "Connecting..." for about half a minute, then reverts to displaying the date. It remains disconnected from the LMS server (i.e. I can't see it in the list of players in the LMS console).
    Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can fix this?
    I'm running LMS v7.9.2 on Lubuntu. There are 2 other squeezeboxes on the same server which are both fine (a Classic and another Boom)
    Last edited by itm; 2020-08-06, 22:54.
  • kidstypike
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by itm
    My Squeezebox Boom disappeared from LMS server yesterday, and the display went blank. I power cycled it a couple of times, but each time it only got as far as the "Obtaining IP address" message before the screen went blank again. It remained disconnected from the LMS server.
    Eventually I disconnected the ethernet cable, and connected it to wifi instead. After 2-3 attempts I got it to reconnect to the LMS server. I reconnected the ethernet cable this afternoon.
    This evening I found the display on the Boom was blank again. When I power cycled it the date eventually appeared on the screen, but it was not visible from the LMS server console. If I press the power button nothing happens (the date remains on the display). If I press the big selector/volume knob on the front the display says "Connecting..." for about half a minute, then reverts to displaying the date. It remains disconnected from the LMS server (i.e. I can't see it in the list of players in the LMS console).
    Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can fix this?
    I'm running LMS v7.9.2 on Lubuntu. There are 2 other squeezeboxes on the same server which are both fine (a Classic and another Boom)
    Tried using the power supply from the working boom?
    Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
    Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
    Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
    Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• itm
      • May 2008

Originally posted by kidstypike
      Tried using the power supply from the working boom?
      Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I switched power supplies with the working Boom last night, but the faulty Boom remains faulty. It displays the correct time (which suggests it's getting some sort of network access??), but nothing happens when I press the power button, and if I press the volume knob it says "Connecting...." for about 30 secs before going back to displaying the time. All of the LEDs behind the front buttons are lit up. It is not detected by my LMS Server.
      ???

Comment

• cjfreitag
        • Nov 2010

Something similar just happened to me. In my case the problem turned out to be the LMS, which got balled up when I moved it to a new Mac. After a clean install the Boom started working again.

Comment

• Paul Webster
          • Apr 2005

For me it was a failing WiFi card ... I took it out and all appeared well (over ethernet) for a couple of months and then it failed again but with different symptoms.
          Thankfully someone kindly sent me another Boom for just the postage cost.
          Paul Webster
          Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
          and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• itm
            • May 2008

I just worked out how to factory reset the Boom, and it's been back to normal for the last 24 hours (on ethernet). Fingers crossed.....

Comment

Working...