Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SB Radio turning on by itself?

For the past couple years my SB Radio has been occasionally turning itself on and playing without any intervention from me. It happens maybe once every 2-3 months, at random times of day or night. It started up when I was temporarily living in a condo complex, and I'm hoping that the cause was stray infrared signals from a neighboring condo, although that's just a hope without any evidence to back it up.

Has anyone else had this experience? Or any ideas on alternative causes (eg, something with the server, something in the Radio's firmware, whatever)?

Fwiw, a few weeks ago I moved back to a single-family house, presumably further out of range of neighbors' IR remotes, and also upgraded my LMS to 8.0 nightly. So far it hasn't mysteriously turned on, but a few weeks is too soon to declare victory.
    Audio system in transition while still relocating from halfway around the world.
    Man-cave: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: SB Radio
    LMS 8.0 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (max2play), controlled using SB Controller, iPeng and Squeezepad

Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Thanks. I knew I should have prefaced my post with the obligatory "sorry if this has already been covered...."
    Audio system in transition while still relocating from halfway around the world.
    Man-cave: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
    Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
    Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
    Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
    Study: SB Radio
    LMS 8.0 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (max2play), controlled using SB Controller, iPeng and Squeezepad