Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 53 of 53
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,948
    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Therefore I thought maybe you could just register 2 similarity DSTM mixers: 1 without and 1 with enabled genre filtering.
    Done.

    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    I'm really using Musly/Similarity a lot right now and sometimes I wish there were other ways to use the similarity score/musly results than DSTM.
    Like... choose a track and get a list with similiar tracks by that track's artist, starting with the most similar ones.
    I guess this could be accessed via the 'More' menu. Like how 'Create similarity mix' is accessed. I'll have to give it some thought.

    [Edit] Added 'Similar tracks' and 'Similar tracks by artist' to 'More' menu.

    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Or... get a list of similar dancable tracks from a certain decade and a certain genre.
    Musly does not indicate if its danceable, etc, that needs something like Essentia - which the MusicSimilarity can plugin can use as a backend. Essentia tries to classify tracks (aggresive, danceable, accoustic, etc). I then thought about using the scores of these characteristics as a way of finding similar tracks. (This is the reason I renamed this mixer from Musly to Similarity - as it can use either Musly or Essentia data).

    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    The DynamicPlaylist plugin allows such choices before starting a mix. Maybe musly/similarity could be used with DPL? I don't know. Just throwing around some ideas...
    I don't use DPL, and (AFAIK) its been abandoned by its author.
    Last edited by cpd73; 2021-06-19 at 03:46.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Added 'Similar tracks' and 'Similar tracks by artist' to 'More' menu.
    Thanks.
    What's the difference between 'Create Similarity Mix' and 'Similar tracks' if I call them on the same track (other than the number of added tracks)?

    Are the results of 'Similar tracks' or 'Similar tracks by artist' sorted in any way (from most similiar to least similar)?

    And does the original genre filter pref from the settings page apply to 'Similar tracks'? Probably not to 'Similar tracks by artist' I guess, because that wouldn't make much sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Musly does not indicate if its danceable, etc, that needs something like Essentia.
    I was listing to a good remix of some late 80s indie pop/alternative dance track and wanted more exactly like this one from the same decade. It was still me though who determined that the original track was very dancable. :-)

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,948
    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    What's the difference between 'Create Similarity Mix' and 'Similar tracks' if I call them on the same track (other than the number of added tracks)?
    'Similar tracks' has no filtering on artist, genre, etc, and allows repeated artist, album, etc. - whereas a mix has filtering and (tries to) prevent repeats.

    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Are the results of 'Similar tracks' or 'Similar tracks by artist' sorted in any way (from most similiar to least similar)?
    Sorted by similarity - most similar first.

    Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    And does the original genre filter pref from the settings page apply to 'Similar tracks'? Probably not to 'Similar tracks by artist' I guess, because that wouldn't make much sense.
    As above, no filtering.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •