Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turnandcough
    • Jan 2007

piCorePlayer, Allo DigiOne sig, RPi 4 + no music over wifi

As the title says... for some reason I can't get music when switching from ethernet to wifi.

Followed the steps for wifi connection on the piCorePlayer webpage ''how to'' section but no luck.

Strangely enough the signal LED on my DAC lights up which indicates that there IS a network connection, there's just no sound until I plug the ethernet cable back in the RPi.

Any tips?
  • paul-
    • Jan 2013

Make sure you are booting without the network cable plugged in, otherwise squeezelite will attach to that port, rather than wifi.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• Turnandcough
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by paul-
      Make sure you are booting without the network cable plugged in, otherwise squeezelite will attach to that port, rather than wifi.

Thanks will give it a try.

Comment

• Turnandcough
        • Jan 2007

Still no luck. I got a slow fading sound at the beginning, then nothing. Don't understand why the DAC LED shows a steady signal, normally if there's a network problem the LED will either flicker or not light up at all.

Wifi works fine with my SB Touch.

Comment

• paul-
          • Jan 2013

Can you access the pi when on WiFi. Do you have another Device you can run some network throughput testing with iperf?
          piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
          Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• Paul Webster
            • Apr 2005

Power supply issue perhaps - built-in WiFi on RPi uses more than ethernet.
            Paul Webster
            Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
            and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• Turnandcough
              • Jan 2007

I figured out at what point I needed to unplug network cable when rebooting and also changed the PSU on the DigiOne sig ''dirty side''.

Originally I was using a 5V 2.5 amp linear PSU which I swapped out for a 5V 3 amp (5.1 actually) switch mode PSU. ''Clean side'' is powered by a good quality 5V 3 amp linear PSU.

Now I'm getting music but at a much lower volume than with ethernet connection.

Comment

• Paul Webster
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Turnandcough
                Now I'm getting music but at a much lower volume than with ethernet connection.
                The bits are the same size when switching from Ethernet to Wi-Fi so something else is happening.
                Perhaps use Alsamixer to change the volume and then
                pcp bu
                to make sure the settings are saved.
                Paul Webster
                Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• d6jg
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Paul Webster
                  The bits are the same size when switching from Ethernet to Wi-Fi so something else is happening.
                  Perhaps use Alsamixer to change the volume and then
                  pcp bu
                  to make sure the settings are saved.
                  Don’t forget that LMS will see the WiFi and Ethernet as separate players. If you set the Ethernet player to output at 100% Fixed (for example) that won’t also automatically apply to the WiFi player. They have different MAC addresses but by default are both called piCorePlayer
                  Jim

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                  Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                  Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Celestion F10s
                  Dining Room SB Radio
                  Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                  Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                  Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

Working...