Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    => I will check what happens when I start from scratch using the downloaded pCP6.1.0 image, only install jivelite on the Tweaks page, and then update to the test jivelite. I will report back in this thread what is the result of this experiment.
    I did this experiment. I burned the original PCP6.1.0 image to the SD card and apart from selecting the proper audio output device on the Squeezelite Settings page (in my case Hifiberry DAC Zero) I did not change any setting. Then I installed the Jivelite extension on the Tweaks page, and after reboot checked that Jivelite was working as expected. I checked that in the piCorePlayer menu option "Enable Power On Button when Powered Off" was enabled, and that the POWER button was behaving according to this setting (pressing first time => Power off, playback stops; pressing second time => Playback resumes). Then I updated to the test jivelite extension following your instructions.

    Observations after updating to the test jivelite extension:
    * Behaviour of PLAYPAUSE button of my remote control has not changed, it still behaves like a PLAY button
    * I can't enter the piCorePlayer menu item anymore
    * Behaviour of POWER button has changed. Pressing first time => Power off, playback stops; pressing second time => playback starts for a fraction of a second but then almost immediately stops again.
    After selecting a screensaver for "When off", after pressing POWER for the first time playback stops and the screensaver is shown. After pressing POWER for the second time the Now Playing screen is shown for a fraction of a second (and sometimes I hear a very short audio glitch) but then the screensaver is shown again.

    I am not sure why the test jivelite works different in my environment than in yours. Maybe it is because I have a different Raspberry Pi Model (ZeroW) that uses different kernel modules? I am just guessing now.
    For now the "normal" jivelite version that comes with pCP 6.1.0 works better for me, so I will revert to the configuration that I had before updating to the test jivelite.
    Thanks for your time and let me know if you have additional questions.
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

  2. #22
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    Yes, that is also what I see.
    and are they the translations you expected?

    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    With unplug I suppose that you mean unplug the power supply.
    yes that's what I meant.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    If I navigate to a track in my library and press the PLAYPAUSE key then indeed the track starts to play, both before and after installing the test jivelite. If this means that you can't map KEY_PLAYPAUSE to KEY_PAUSE without breaking other remotes than I agree that we can better stop our attempts to make the PLAYPAUSE key functional.
    Yes I won't be able to change the mapping in the official builds, however.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    Observations after updating to the test jivelite extension:
    * Behaviour of PLAYPAUSE button of my remote control has not changed, it still behaves like a PLAY button
    * I can't enter the piCorePlayer menu item anymore
    * Behaviour of POWER button has changed. Pressing first time => Power off, playback stops; pressing second time => playback starts for a fraction of a second but then almost immediately stops again.
    After selecting a screensaver for "When off", after pressing POWER for the first time playback stops and the screensaver is shown. After pressing POWER for the second time the Now Playing screen is shown for a fraction of a second (and sometimes I hear a very short audio glitch) but then the screensaver is shown again.
    I think the POWER button changes are a side effect of the picoreplayer applet not loading, because the code in the repository jivelite build is the same. Otherwise, I've introduced an issue that I need to resolve before starting on the next release.

    I've uploaded a new test jivelite extension that should fix the picoreplayer applet and as an added incentive to try it, I've remapping the PLAYPAUSE key to PAUSE just for the test build. Use my previous instructions to install it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I am not sure why the test jivelite works different in my environment than in yours. Maybe it is because I have a different Raspberry Pi Model (ZeroW) that uses different kernel modules? I am just guessing now.
    For now the "normal" jivelite version that comes with pCP 6.1.0 works better for me, so I will revert to the configuration that I had before updating to the test jivelite.
    Thanks for your time and let me know if you have additional questions.
    Very unlikely that different kernel modules armv6 vs armv7 would cause the problem.

    To switch back to the jivelite package in the repository, if the new test build still has issues, without having to reinstall jivelite.
    Code:
    tc@rpi27:~$ ceo
    tc@rpi27:/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional$ wget -O pcp-jivelite.tcz http://repo.picoreplayer.org/repo/10.x/armv7/tcz/pcp-jivelite.tcz
    tc@rpi27:/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional$ wget -O pcp-jivelite.tcz.md5.txt  http://repo.picoreplayer.org/repo/10.x/armv7/tcz/pcp-jivelite.tcz.md5.txt
    tc@rpi27:/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/optional$ pcp br
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've uploaded a new test jivelite extension that should fix the picoreplayer applet and as an added incentive to try it, I've remapping the PLAYPAUSE key to PAUSE just for the test build. Use my previous instructions to install it.
    Hi Ralphy, good news! I have installed the updated jivelite test version per your instructions, and everything looks OK now:

    1) PLAYPAUSE button is now working as intended (press first time => playback is paused; press second time => playback is resumed)
    2) I can navigate into the piCorePlayer menu item again
    3) NL and DE translations of menu item "MENU_ENABLE_POWER_ON_BUTTON_WHEN_OFF" are updated and OK.
    4) Behavior of POWER button is OK again.

    Since everything looks OK I have stored a backup of the updated test versions of files pcp-jivelite.tcz and pcp-jivelite.tcz.md5.txt.

    Thank you very much for your time and for your great support!
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •