Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

KEF LSX UPnP Problem

Hello! I'm trying to set up my KEF LSX's over UPnP Bridge. I can successfully add new albums/playlists to my queue and start playing music, but when (1) I try to advance the track, (2) I seek forward, or (3) a song ends and naturally advances, the music goes silent. It comes back when I select a track (any track) in the queue.

Any tips for how to resolve?

I'm running LMS 8.0 on PiCorePlayer 6.1. None of my other endpoints (Sonos, Pi 4, Pi Zero) have issues. I have also tried both local files and streaming services, and the issue is persistent across platforms.

Thank you!

While waiting for a solution ... could you try the AirPlay bridge instead to see if it works with these KEF LSX devices?
    I know that KEF say "AirPlay 2" but perhaps there is some backwards compatibility for AirPlay 1 as well and hence the bridge might work.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Apologies for the delay. I ended up resolving this by changing the settings directly using the following:

<device>
    <sample_rate>192000</sample_rate>
    <max_volume>100</max_volume>
    <mode>flc,flow</mode>
    <name>KEF LSX</name>
    <codecs>flc,pcm,mp3</codecs>
    <volume_on_play>1</volume_on_play>
    <udn>uuid:5f9ec1b3-ed59-1900-4530-84171502196b</udn>
    <accept_nexturi>1</accept_nexturi>
    <stream_length>-3</stream_length>
    <server>?</server>
    <friendly_name>KEF LSX</friendly_name>
    <L24_format>1</L24_format>
    <mac>bb:bb:97:23:da:3f</mac>
    <enabled>1</enabled>
    </device>

Still have a few minor issues (e.g., can't turn device off), but it generally works fairly well!