Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

[Announce] Spicefly SugarCube - DSTM and Google Traffic

Hi all,

I don't normally put out an announce thread but I had a lot of interest in DSTM functionality which has now been added into SugarCube for testing, it seems to work but let me know. Note that if the player has SugarCube disabled but is selected as a DSTM provider it will still fire as expected.
    Also added Google Traffic which will show destination ETA on the player screen

Stay safe, please feedback bugs and enhancement requests

Full Version History on the link below and a cut of recent changes below;
    https://spicefly.com/article.php?pag...ersion-history

Version 5.22 - 4th August 2020
    + Added Implementation for DSTM. Note if SCube is disabled in the settings for the client, it will still fire if called by DSTM
    + Added enhanced stream checks so don't explode in the system log if client plays a Podcast
    = Renamed SugarCube Quick Play to Auto Mix and fixed issue with no seed track in the playlist bug
    = Removed experimental Global Player development code needs further work

Version 5.10 - 22nd June 2020
    + Experimental Implementation of Google Traffic displays real-time journey ETA (Google API Key Required)

Version 5.01 - 2nd February 2020
    + Implemented Trackstat stats into Liveview for Currently Playing and Coming Up next
    + Improved notification for when MusicIP Service is not running into the Liveview page
    + Refreshed and beautified Liveview layout
    + Refreshed and beautified Track History layout
    = Fixed sync master notification in Player Settings to name Master rather than sync group members
    + When the LMS database rescans and leaves temp files in the Player's playlist, will attempt to correct to the original file
    + Will not queue up a track when Spotify is playing
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

[placeholder]

[placeholder]
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Thank you for solving the problems I ran into, the email contact we had went smoothly and again it is great that you found the error quickly.

Oh my, 2 different MusicIP DSTM providers at once Will test ...
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Matching mount paths in Docker and Windows to use filters

A big frustration is the inability to pass filters generated on a windows machine to headless MIP and LMS running on docker/Synolgy NAS. I have googled the subject extensively, but can’t find a way to share/copy a meaningful autoload.m3lib. The music folder is prepared on the windows machine and is mirrored nightly to the Synolgy. I can use the local copy or a mounted NAS folder for MusicIP mixer on Windows but have no mechanism to deal with the drive letter and perhaps the back slashes in the Windows path.

As an alternative, I can easily generate m3u’s with correct Unix paths from Mediamonkey. Is it possible to feed these to the headless MIP and -
    1) Exclude all tracks in an m3u from Sugarcube mixes
    2) Use m3u’s as mood mixes

I do have working MIP folders outside Docker so it’s no problem to copy m3u’s into any subfolders there.
    Last edited by guptaas; 2021-07-31 at 13:44.

If you are creating filters using the Windows MIP version 1.96b then you can't copy that m3lib file to Linux and preserve the filters as far as I know, as the Windows version 1.96 had a difference cache structure to the Linux release.

If you use the Windows MIP 1.8.1b version I understand it works ok, then just copying the m3lib file to Linux, you need to restart the service to re-read the file or refresh the cache by going to the host:10002 in a web browser and clicking the refresh cache button. The filters should then be exposed and visible in the LMS/SC Player page.

You've probably already seen it but page here about filters, what kind of filters are you creating that are tied to paths? I've used them to group a number of genres together but these are then linked via the mp3 tags so not tied to a physical path.

https://www.spicefly.com/article.php...usicip-filters

Moods I have no idea unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of saved documentation and I never found any good detailed explanations of how they should work anywhere.

If you need to step down from MIP 1.96b to 1.81b ensure you have a backup of the m3lib file (in case you need to go back again) and ensure you have also saved the tags into the music files (archive analysis setting in MIP) and check they are using mp3tag. MIP will need to rescan and read the fingerprints to build the m3lib file and if they are not saved in the music file it will have to rescan and re-fingerprint your collection from scratch which would suck

Where are the Ratings in MusicIP?

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    If you are creating filters using the Windows MIP version 1.96b then you can't copy that m3lib file to Linux and preserve the filters as far as I know, as the Windows version 1.96 had a difference cache structure to the Linux release.

If you use the Windows MIP 1.8.1b version I understand it works ok, then just copying the m3lib file to Linux, you need to restart the service to re-read the file or refresh the cache by going to the host:10002 in a web browser and clicking the refresh cache button. The filters should then be exposed and visible in the LMS/SC Player page.

You've probably already seen it but page here about filters, what kind of filters are you creating that are tied to paths? I've used them to group a number of genres together but these are then linked via the mp3 tags so not tied to a physical path.

https://www.spicefly.com/article.php...usicip-filters

Moods I have no idea unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of saved documentation and I never found any good detailed explanations of how they should work anywhere.

If you need to step down from MIP 1.96b to 1.81b ensure you have a backup of the m3lib file (in case you need to go back again) and ensure you have also saved the tags into the music files (archive analysis setting in MIP) and check they are using mp3tag. MIP will need to rescan and read the fingerprints to build the m3lib file and if they are not saved in the music file it will have to rescan and re-fingerprint your collection from scratch which would suck
    Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious that I missed - The Windows version doesn't care that an m3lib file refers to song paths that lead nowhere as long as one doesn't do any operations on the music files themselves! I was able to make and save a filter back to the Synology headless MIP.

Now I need to figure out why no ratings are visible in this file. They are an important part of desired Filters. Trackstat and Custom Scan plugins are installed and working. LMS Server log in debug mode for 'Custom Scan' revealed an inability to write to MusicIP. Made a musicip folder inside the LMS /config folder inheriting all permissions from the parent and then reinstalled MusicIP, mapping that folder as /home/musicip. This stopped any export errors. Stopped headless MusicIP to save everything to default.m3lib before opening it in Windows. However that default.m3lib shows no ratings in windows MusicIP Mixer. Stumped again. But I know I'll get it working one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by guptaas View Post
    Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious that I missed - The Windows version doesn't care that an m3lib file refers to song paths that lead nowhere as long as one doesn't do any operations on the music files themselves! I was able to make and save a filter back to the Synology headless MIP.

Now I need to figure out why no ratings are visible in this file. They are an important part of desired Filters. Trackstat and Custom Scan plugins are installed and working. LMS Server log in debug mode for 'Custom Scan' revealed an inability to write to MusicIP. Made a musicip folder inside the LMS /config folder inheriting all permissions from the parent and then reinstalled MusicIP, mapping that folder as /home/musicip. This stopped any export errors. Stopped headless MusicIP to save everything to default.m3lib before opening it in Windows. However that default.m3lib shows no ratings in windows MusicIP Mixer. Stumped again. But I know I'll get it working one way or another.
    Success. The problems was with permissions to write to default.m3lib.

Good stuff, sounds an excellent result