Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Adding a second Touch

Hi there,

I have a Squeezebox Touch with LMS 8.0.0 running on a Synology NAS and am about to receive and install a second Touch which will be hard-wired to a hi-fi amplifier and connected wirelessly to the NAS. I'm not the most advanced when it comes to tech stuff, but is there anything specific that I need to consider/watch out for when installing the second one?

Regards
    Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Gusboll View Post
    Hi there,

I have a Squeezebox Touch with LMS 8.0.0 running on a Synology NAS and am about to receive and install a second Touch which will be hard-wired to a hi-fi amplifier and connected wirelessly to the NAS. I'm not the most advanced when it comes to tech stuff, but is there anything specific that I need to consider/watch out for when installing the second one?

Regards
    Gus
    Give them different names.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Give them different names.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Cheers for that. Is there also something about one controlling the other (not something I want to do I think)?
    SBT, Synology NAS, NAD M2, PMC FB1i

Cheers for that. Is there also something about one controlling the other (not something I want to do I think)?
    Yes, a Touch (or SB Radio) can control itself, or any other hardware or software player connected to LMS.

Name:  choose.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  22.7 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Assuming the new you second Touch was previously owned, complete a factory reset and when going through the initial setup process choose to register it with your account name for mysqueezebox.com.

Kev

So I've installed the second one, but it didn't like the fact that I have 8.0.0 on the NAS. I figured that I would have to uninstall 8.0.0 and reinstall 7.7.6, I've worked out how to uninstall from the NAS but I can't find a compatible version of 7.7.6 anywhere, so in the end I downloaded 7.7.6 to my laptop to control from there, but it is painfully slow to scan (5000 albums). Grateful if anyone knows where I can get 7.7.6 for DS216j.
    b/w
    Last edited by Gusboll; 2020-08-05 at 07:35.

So I've installed the second one, but it didn't like the fact that I have 8.0.0 on the NAS. I figured that I would have to uninstall 8.0.0 and reinstall 7.7.6, however I couldn't work out how to uninstall from the NAS and neither could I find a compatible version of 7.7.6! In the end I downloaded 7.7.6 to my laptop to control from there, but it is painfully slow to scan (5000 albums). Grateful if anyone has a solution for getting it hooked to LMS on the NAS.
    b/w
    On your Touch browse to My Music > Switch Library, you should be able to choose fron any LMS instance running on your network.

Name:  switch01.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  29.6 KB

Name:  switch02.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  18.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

When I attempt to go to the NAS library, it states that my NAS needs to update to a newer version of LMS. I'm guessing it's saying this because it doesn't like 8.0.0 and wants to see the latest official version which is 7.7.6?

When I attempt to go to the NAS library, it states that my NAS needs to update to a newer version of LMS. I'm guessing it's saying this because it doesn't like 8.0.0 and wants to see the latest official version which is 7.7.6?
    Odd, I've just dug a Touch out of storage, and it freely connects to either 7.9.2 on Win10, or 8.0.0 on a Raspberry Pi.

Have you done a Factory Reset?

Press and hold the small red button just above the power input port.

See if that helps.

Already did it, tried it again; same thing.