Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 56 of 113 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Hi
    Can the display only show the current playback? I only set rotary encoders for volume. However, it is constantly switched to the squeezebox main menu.

Quote Originally Posted by micha86 View Post
    Hi
    Can the display only show the current playback? I only set rotary encoders for volume. However, it is constantly switched to the squeezebox main menu.
    It behaves like a SB Classic or a Boom. Look at the options you have selected for "idle" mode in Player's settings.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by MumPf View Post
    Hi
    the new preset-buttons from PR#64 have a litle typo-bug in V569... you forgot a "_"-char (underscore).
    Solution see Issue #79
    Can you integrate it to your next version?

Many greetings and thank you
    MumPf
    Corrected
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Corrected
    Yes, V570 works great. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    It behaves like a SB Classic or a Boom. Look at the options you have selected for "idle" mode in Player's settings.
    Thank you

Buttons

I'm trying to include the buttons but somehow I'm doing something wrong. can someone check if the syntax in NVS is correct?

Code:
      "actrls_config": "buttons : [{\"gpio\":34,\"type\":\"BUTTON_LOW\",\"pull\":true,\"normal\":{\"pressed\":\"ACTRLS_VOLDOWN\"}},  {\"gpio\":33,\"type\":\"BUTTON_LOW\",\"pull\":true,\"normal\":{\"pressed\":\"ACTRLS_TOGGLE\"}},  {\"gpio\":35,\"type\":\"BUTTON_LOW\",\"pull\":true,\"normal\":{\"pressed\":\"ACTRLS_VOLUP\"}}]",
      "airplay_name": "ESP32",

Quote Originally Posted by micha86 View Post
    I'm trying to include the buttons but somehow I'm doing something wrong. can someone check if the syntax in NVS is correct?

Code:
      "actrls_config": "buttons : [{\"gpio\":34,\"type\":\"BUTTON_LOW\",\"pull\":true,\"normal\":{\"pressed\":\"ACTRLS_VOLDOWN\"}},  {\"gpio\":33,\"type\":\"BUTTON_LOW\",\"pull\":true,\"normal\":{\"pressed\":\"ACTRLS_TOGGLE\"}},  {\"gpio\":35,\"type\":\"BUTTON_LOW\",\"pull\":true,\"normal\":{\"pressed\":\"ACTRLS_VOLUP\"}}]",
      "airplay_name": "ESP32",
    You don't need to escape everything and it seems you had some extra ',' at the end of the description

Code:
     [{"gpio":34,"type":"BUTTON_LOW","normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_VOLDOWN"}},{"gpio":33,"type":"BUTTON_LOW","pull":true,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_TOGGLE"}},{"gpio":35,"type":"BUTTON_LOW","pull":true,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_VOLUP"}}]
    And there is no possible pullup on GPIO 34 and 36

Quote Originally Posted by goldhuf View Post
    I use the Autoplay Plugin by cdrumond
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CD...aster/repo.xml
    It sometimes does some strange skipping with the synced players but at least it doesn't stay silent
    Tried autoplay plugin today. I worked in one or two attempts but most time not. LMS shows player is running also when it is off and seems not to recongnize when it is online again. You have to start one or two other streams to get playing again. Are there any other settings that inflluence the behavior of the autoplay plugin @goldhuf ?

UPDATE: Autoplay is working after installing SqueezeESP32 (v0.220) Plugin ... any idea why?
    Last edited by networx; 2021-02-15 at 15:34.
    | LMS 8.2.0 @ ONAP | SB Radio | SB Duet | SB Classic 3 | SqueezeLite-ESP32 | Pioneer VSX-S510 |

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    I have pretty much locked the esp-idf version that we use right now in our automated builds. The main reason is that platform related problems are sometimes a real pain in the neck to resolve, and trust me we've had some sticky ones which required quite a bit of fine tuning to resolve.

My biggest challenge right now is to finish some overdue UI changes that are mid flight, at a time where I'm over allocated to projects at work; I have much less motivation or energy to go back in front of a screen after dinner

It is possible that I get to a point where I'll want to migrate the code to a newer esp-idf, but honestly it is low in terms of priority.
    Thank you for your explanations and the great project Philippe and SÚbastien! Of course I understand that resources are limited and you prioritize. And I also know it when in the evening there is no more motivation for the screen.

My new TTGO T8 board arrived today and so it finally works so far. But I have a few small problems maybe we can still solve together.

First, the autoplay plugin did not work, as I had already written in the previous post. I was able to fix that by installing the SqueezeESP32 (v0.220) plugin, for whatever reason.
    But I actually only installed the plugin because I was looking for the equalizer.
    But the equalizer does not always accept the settings on the fly and what is a real problem, as soon as I have made a setting in the equalizer and saved and make a power cycle with the ESP32, the signal is totally overdriven and distorted as soon as the playback automatically starts again. As if the volume is suddenly at 200%.

The problem can be solved by stopping the stream and calling the equalizer and restarting the stream. With the next power cycle the problem occurs again.
    I can only solve it permanently by uninstalling and reinstalling the SqueezeESP32 plugin.

Do any of you have an idea what the problem is?

Another question would be how to speed up the startup. Since I have the device installed in the ceiling and start with the light I would like to have a fast start of the stream. Are there any tweaks here how to get some time out?
    I have already reduced the buffer of the streams to 3 seconds and disabled AirPlay and BT.
    Last edited by networx; 2021-02-15 at 15:36.
    | LMS 8.2.0 @ ONAP | SB Radio | SB Duet | SB Classic 3 | SqueezeLite-ESP32 | Pioneer VSX-S510 |

Quote Originally Posted by networx View Post
    UPDATE: Autoplay is working after installing Squeezelite Plugin ... any idea why?
    Just for my understanding, what do you mean with Squeezelite Plugin? Maybe you mean SqueezeESP32 plugin for LMS?
    | LMS 8.2.1 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 7.0.1 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |