ANNOUNCE: Squeezelite-ESP32 (dedicated thread)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

Originally posted by mboxler
    I don't.

Mike
    Originally posted by ElFishi
    dac_config is empty. Do I need to set it?
    Rest of config here.
    Got it - I'm using a different IO which were not impacted by the issue. In your case, the spdif IO you're using happens to be the former default DAC (when it was present) "do" line which instead of being set to -1 was left set to the same line as your spdif, and it was "silenced". Look for new version in a few minutes
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-08-15, 05:45.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• mboxler
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by philippe_44
      Got it - I'm using a different IO which was not impacted by the issue. In your case, the spdif IO you're using happens to be the former default DAC (when it was present) "do" line which instead of being set to -1 was left set to the same line as your spdif, and it was "silenced". Look for new version in a few minutes
      That works!

Thanks

Mike

Comment

• ElFishi
        • Feb 2008

644: music!

Comment

• Prime Heretic
          • Aug 2010

Could I ask some advice.

I bought one of these displays :

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200815_185723.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	1569638

An SSD1306.

Can't seem to get it working, I probably have the correct variations for `display_config` and the gpio pins

Code:
          display_config: I2C,width=128,height=32,driver=SSD1306
          i2c_config:     sda=rx,scl=tx,port=1,speed=400000
          set_GPIO:       1=tx,3=rx
          but I'm not clear on exactly what this means.

To use the display on LMS, add repository https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sl...lugin/repo.xml.
          As mentioned on this page : https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32#display

How is this added in?
          Last edited by Prime Heretic; 2020-08-15, 19:10.

Comment

• philippe_44
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Prime Heretic
            Could I ask some advice.

I bought one of these displays :

An SSD1306.

Can't seem to get it working, I probably have the correct variations for `display_config` and the gpio pins

Code:
            display_config: I2C,width=128,height=32,driver=SSD1306
            i2c_config:     sda=rx,scl=tx,port=1,speed=400000
            set_GPIO:       1=tx,3=rx
            but I'm not clear on exactly what this means.

As mentioned on this page : https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32#display

How is this added in?
            Here is the config

Code:
            i2c_config: sda=3,scl=1,port=1,speed=600000
            display_config: I2C,driver=SSD1306,width=128,height=32,HFlip,VFlip
            Don't use set_GPIO
            For the plugin, go to LMS settings, tab plugins, go at the bottom and add it at "additional repositories". It will list a new plugin, just install it
            LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• Prime Heretic
              • Aug 2010

Here is the config

Code:
              Don't use set_GPIO
              For the plugin, go to LMS settings, tab plugins, go at the bottom and add it at "additional repositories". It will list a new plugin, just install it
              Oh hang on, you're saying this essentially goes LMS side, ie not on the device, of course!

Thanks

Comment

• philippe_44
                • May 2008

Just an update to tell that @sle118 has now convinced me (using various methods that cannot be repeated ) to move my builds to cmake version (the bleeding edge). I'll continue for a short while to backport to the make version, but that won't last very long. Your help to tell if you see stability differences between cmake and make would be very appreciated

Comment

• Prime Heretic
                  • Aug 2010

Here is the config

Code:
                  Don't use set_GPIO
                  Cheers, yes it was that easy

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200816_133815.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1569641
                  Last edited by Prime Heretic; 2020-08-16, 13:44.

Comment

• slimhase
                    • Jul 2009

Problems w display / plugin

I was some weeks away from home.... when I came back, I powered up LMS and SqueezeAmp (with SSD1306 display) and everything worked as before.

I then updated LMS (to Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1597999215 @ Fri Aug 21 10:50:54 CEST 2020; running on Debian on Pi4);
                    also the SqueezeESP32 plugin updated to v0.103

Problem: After the update, the display only showed 'sqeezeESP32' - and after a reboot of SqueezeAmp it was completely blank (Audio works w/o problems)...

I also noticed, that in LMS Settings - Advanced, I have no settings anymore for the plugin!
                    (But the plugin itself is listed under plugins)

I rebooted everything a couple of times, uninstalled / reinstalled the plugin, deleted the plugin prefs file - nothing helps.

Any ideas?
                    LMS 8.x on RasPi4 (running along with OMV and AdGuard)
                    Player: 5 x Squeezebox Classic, Slimp3, SqueezeAmp
                    2nd System: PiCorePlayer (and LMS) on Pi Zero

Comment

• philippe_44
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by slimhase
                      I was some weeks away from home.... when I came back, I powered up LMS and SqueezeAmp (with SSD1306 display) and everything worked as before.

I then updated LMS (to Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1597999215 @ Fri Aug 21 10:50:54 CEST 2020; running on Debian on Pi4);
                      also the SqueezeESP32 plugin updated to v0.103

Problem: After the update, the display only showed 'sqeezeESP32' - and after a reboot of SqueezeAmp it was completely blank (Audio works w/o problems)...

I also noticed, that in LMS Settings - Advanced, I have no settings anymore for the plugin!
                      (But the plugin itself is listed under plugins)

I rebooted everything a couple of times, uninstalled / reinstalled the plugin, deleted the plugin prefs file - nothing helps.

Any ideas?
                      Have you updated the plugin for SqueezeEsp32?
                      Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-08-23, 17:01.

Comment

• slimhase
                        • Jul 2009

Hav et où updated the plugin for SqueezeEsp32?
                        Yes - I am on v0.103 - the newest according to github .

PS: Another thing I noticed with this plugin (since a while, not realated to v0.103):
                        I was only able to get to the settings of this plugin via the 'Advanced' Tab in LMS Settings.
                        For all other plugins, I can get to the plugin Settings also via 'Plugin' Tab and then use the 'settings' Link in the respective plugins row.

I am not sure, if this is related; but I wanted to mention it, just in case.

***update***
                        Well - I am getting old.... I just realized that the settings for this plugin are *per player*... and surely - there they are... under the Player tab.

Still, my display is blank.... But now, it could also be a loose display connection....
                        I will check wiring (have to open the speaker for that) and report back.

Sorry for wasting time....
                        Last edited by slimhase; 2020-08-23, 14:41.

Comment

• philippe_44
                          • May 2008

Yes - I am on v0.103 - the newest according to github .

PS: Another thing I noticed with this plugin (since a while, not realated to v0.103):
                          I was only able to get to the settings of this plugin via the 'Advanced' Tab in LMS Settings.
                          For all other plugins, I can get to the plugin Settings also via 'Plugin' Tab and then use the 'settings' Link in the respective plugins row.

I am not sure, if this is related; but I wanted to mention it, just in case.

***update***
                          Well - I am getting old.... I just realized that the settings for this plugin are *per player*... and surely - there they are... under the Player tab.

Still, my display is blank.... But now, it could also be a loose display connection....
                          I will check wiring (have to open the speaker for that) and report back.

And no firmware update? Because blank means the display is not detected at all, otherwise it would be stuck on squeezeesp32, as you initially saw. Did you check the log of squeezeesp32 before opening the speaker?

Comment

• sle118
                            • Dec 2009

No worries.

By any chance, can you get some logs?
                            LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
                            6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Comment

• slimhase
                              • Jul 2009

Here is the log with SqueezeESP set to debug - not much going on...:
                              [20-08-24 08:57:22.5828] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.0.0, 1597999215, Fri Aug 21 10:50:54 CEST 2020) perl 5.028001 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
                              [20-08-24 08:57:27.8219] Plugins::SqueezeESP32::Plugin onPlayer (72) SqueezeESP player connected: 24:6f:28:d2:d3:a4
                              [20-08-24 11:48:05.5843] Plugins::SqueezeESP32::Plugin onPlayer (72) SqueezeESP player connected: 24:6f:28:d2:d3:a4
                              [20-08-24 14:29:21.6093] Plugins::SqueezeESP32::Plugin onPlayer (72) SqueezeESP player connected: 24:6f:28:d2:d3:a4

I will now open the speaker and wiggle the wires.... :-)

P.S. Unrelated to my current display problem:
                              Any idea why SqueezeESP is reconnecting in aboves log? (SqueezeESP was idle the entire time)
                              I am asking this, as I also see this in Material Skin:
                              SqueezeESP seems to frequently disconnect: When I have SqueezeESP as the player in focus in the App and I wait some time, suddenly a different player is in focus.
                              Even when playing audio on SqueezeESP (so it must be very brief disconnects).

Comment

• slimhase
                                • Jul 2009

And no firmware update? Because blank means the display is not detected at all, otherwise it would be stuck on squeezeesp32, as you initially saw. Did you check the log of squeezeesp32 before opening the speaker?
                                Yes, also Firmware update to v0.5.658-IDFv3.1.5-SqueezeAmp8M.

Also I wiggled the wires - display still blank.

I will downgrade the firmware and report back....

Comment

Working...