Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    If you live in a crowded space (apartment blocks, etc), then there could be interference?

I added an NVS entry to also disable WiFi power saving mode. If you're saving mode issues, you could try disabling that
    I see a minimum of 6 other signals in any wifi channel.
    smode didn't change the behavior.

Unfortunately my other problem persists. My one system (the one I posted the config above) does not show the NVS entries on the respective tab, while the other works alright.

Name:  emptyNVSpage.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  68.3 KB

Pressing reboot on this page does nothing. The log shows nothing.

Edit: added the log, just saw
    Code:
    W (13342) _httpd: _httpd_accept_conn: error in accept (23)
    W (13342) _httpd: _httpd_server: error accepting new connection
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ElFishi; 2020-09-29 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    I see a minimum of 6 other signals in any wifi channel.
    smode didn't change the behavior.

Unfortunately my other problem persists. My one system (the one I posted the config above) does not show the NVS entries on the respective tab, while the other works alright.

Name:  emptyNVSpage.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  68.3 KB

Pressing reboot on this page does nothing. The log shows nothing.

Edit: added the log, just saw
    Code:
    W (13342) _httpd: _httpd_accept_conn: error in accept (23)
    W (13342) _httpd: _httpd_server: error accepting new connection
    I owe everyone a new release, as one change made it incomplete in the last one, causing the UI to misbehave. The extent of the upcoming change is such, though, that it is taking a larger amount of time than the usual quick fix. In the upcoming release, the NVS won't be as important as it is today. Here are the highlights:
    • most of the configurations will be grouped by type (hardware, system, etc)
    • individual NVS well be formatted as individual input fields rather than being comma separated values
    • In addition to the audio tab, squeezelite configuration will be exposed in a detailed configuration section with individual parameters and their description
    • each config option will have is own commit/apply button, with their own toast result section to show the output produced by the command
    • system messaging well be reported only under a status tab, as opposed to obstructing the UI
    • the status tab will contain a pill with the current message count
    • the status tab will also show additional gpio's from the PSRAM bus as well as flash
    • on select targets, the status tab will display a task list (Ó la "top" style in Linux). Not sure if all builds will contain this, as tracking tasks usage create a bit of overhead and additional memory consumption, but at least the option will exist
    • on a more technical side, UI components will be updated to their latest version: jquery, bootstrap, popper and all the associated style sheets
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Help for ST7789 display

Hi, I need some technical help : I've just receive a ST7789 screen like this one (pinout description here too) and I'm not able to configure the SPI for it....

Name:  ST7789.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  16.8 KB

I've got an ESP32-A1S and a ESP32-Wrover (which I'm able to make it work with an I2C SSD1306 display).

This is what I'm trying to determine (ESP32-A1S pins choices are made arbitrarily) :

Code:
    config Squeezelite-ESP32 ------> ST7789 pins  ------> ESP32-A1S GPIO
                      clk	 ------> SCL  ------> 18
                      data   ------> SDA  ------> 19
                      DC	 ------> DC   ------> 22
                      back   ------> BLK  ------> 21
                      cs	 ------> ?? (mandatory ?)  ------> 5
    And I admit that I'm lost between the "display_config" of the "NVS editor" and the "display" section in the "configuration" tab...
    I'm currently only trying config this screen with "spi_config" and "display_config" in the NVS editor, I don't touch to the "configuration" tab.

My display config looks like this :
    Code:
    spi_config: dc=22,data=19,clk=18
    display_config: SPI,driver=ST7789,width=240,height=240,cs=5,back=21,speed=16000000,HFlip,VFlip
    Thanks for your help
    Last edited by schmurtz; 2020-10-05 at 14:35.

Quote Originally Posted by schmurtz View Post
    Hi, I need some technical help : I've just receive a ST7789 screen like this one (pinout description here too) and I'm not able to configure the SPI for it....

Name:  ST7789.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  16.8 KB

I've got an ESP32-A1S and a ESP32-Wrover (which I'm able to make it work with an I2C SSD1306 display).

This is what I'm trying to determine (ESP32-A1S pins choices are made arbitrarily) :

config Squeezelite-ESP32 ------> ST7789 pins ------> ESP32-A1S GPIO
    clk ------> SCL ------> 18
    data ------> SDA ------> 19
    DC ------> DC ------> 22
    back ------> BLK ------> 21
    cs ------> ?? (mandatory ?) ------> 5

And I admit that I'm lost between the "display_config" of the "NVS editor" and the "display" section in the "configuration" tab...
    I'm currently only trying config this screen with "spi_config" and "display_config" in the NVS editor, I don't touch to the "configuration" tab.

Thanks for your help
    Is the a1s a raw module or is this the dev board? Can you share the display_config and spi_config you have for now?
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Is the a1s a raw module or is this the dev board? Can you share the display_config and spi_config you have for now?
    Yes, I've also edited my previous message with the config :

Code:
    display_config: SPI,driver=ST7789,width=240,height=240,cs=5,back=21,speed=16000000,HFlip,VFlip
    I don't know where to plug this "cs" on my display, I find this tutorial to add cs pin on this module this but I'm not sure that it is really necessary..
    a1s is the dev board.

I'm near the solution thanks to the post of mausginh.
    We can only use "GPIO 21 as SCL and GPIO 22 as SDA" !
    So we also have to remove the recommended configuration from the documentation, I mean remove this : set_GPIO: 21=amp,22=green:0,39=jack:0

I had something on the screen few seconds ago (not anymore) looking for a final good config, I will post it here once I'll find it.

Yes, I've also edited my previous message with the config :

Code:
    I don't know where to plug this "cs" on my display, I find this tutorial to add cs pin on this module this but I'm not sure that it is really necessary..
    a1s is the dev board.
    That one does not have a CS, so ignore it.
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Same here, I have successfully start one time a screen with sh1106 i2C but I think my GPIO settings crash the nvs editor (nothing displayed except the buttons) so impossible to view or export my configuration. And after it was working but if I display an animated spectrum I had a lot of jerk in the sound.
    There are conflict with A1S GPIO, I think you can't use every available GPIO for I2S without conflicts, we have to find the right one. It's easier to make it work on simple ESP32

Also I see "button mapping" in the documentation but I'm not sure where to put it...
    See my comments on the github site
    Code:
    The board showed above has the following IO set

amplifier: GPIO21
    key2: GPIO13, key3: GPIO19, key4: GPIO23, key5: GPIO18, key6: GPIO5 (to be confirmed with dip switches)
    key1: not sure, something with GPIO36
    jack insertion: GPIO39 (inserted low)
    LED: GPIO22 (active low) (note that GPIO n
    So 21 is 100% a no-go, 22 is ... not a good idea and for some others you ahve to look at the dipswitches and configure it accordingly to make sure they are routed to the pin extension header, not to the JTAG connector.

You don't have a lot of I/O left on that board

0 => be careful to not pull it down other device is locked in download
    5 => exclusive of key6
    18 => exclusive of key5
    19 => exclusive of key3
    21 => power-amp conflict
    22 => led "semi-conflict"
    23 =>exclusive of key 4

13 => exclusive of key2 or JTAG, depending on dip. if JTAG, might be usable on JTAG MTCLK pin
    15 = >JTAG MTD0 depending on dipswtich otherwise 'CMD' and I don't know what 'CMD' is in that context

In addition of being careful with HW conflicts (don't press a key if you use that GPIO for something else!), if you use 5,18,19,22,23 *DO NOT SET THEM AS KEYS IN THE NVS"
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2020-10-05 at 17:46.

Thanks, very useful. In fact if we want to use buttons on the A1S there no pins available to connect anything .
    Anyway I take an ESP32-WROVER to try to make it work without success. After many many (many!) tries I finally test my SPI screen with an arduino library : "TFT_ESPI" library and it works correctly.
    For this library, my working config is like this :
    Code:
    #define TFT_MOSI 23
    #define TFT_SCLK 5
    #define TFT_DC    2  // Data Command control pin
    #define TFT_RST   4  // Reset pin (could connect to RST pin)
    Once this SPI library test working, I try to port it on Squeezelite-ESP32 (without success) :
    Code:
    display_config : 
    SPI,driver=ST7789,width=240,height=240,speed=16000000,HFlip,VFlip
    spi_config : 
    dc=2,data=23,clk=5
    Questions :
    1 - Can I specify the SPI Reset Pin in the configuration ?
    2 - Do I have to configure the DAC and the squeezelite server to have something on the screen ? (I think "squeezebox" is displayed by the firmware directly, Am I correct ?)
    3 - Any idea ?

Thanks for your help

Once this SPI library test working, I try to port it on Squeezelite-ESP32 (without success) :
    Code:
    display_config : 
    SPI,driver=ST7789,width=240,height=240,speed=16000000,HFlip,VFlip
    spi_config : 
    dc=2,data=23,clk=5
    Questions :
    1 - Can I specify the SPI Reset Pin in the configuration ?
    2 - Do I have to configure the DAC and the squeezelite server to have something on the screen ? (I think "squeezebox" is displayed by the firmware directly, Am I correct ?)
    3 - Any idea ?

Thanks for your help
    Re reset, ... good question and I obviously forgot to add that to the doc. yes there is a parameter named "reset". What might be missing in your case is that, when unused (which is fine, one less wire), that pin quite often *must* be pulled up.

And when display works, you have something configure on the screen at boot, regardless of DAC & LMS