Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Help on screen configuration

2 additionnal questions no directly linked to the ESP32-A1S subject :

1 -I would like to know if it is possible to do exactly what we want on the LCD screen. For example I try to have something like this :
    Name:  Squeeze-ESP32-screen.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  7.2 KB
    Can I achieve this with the different options/plugins ?

2 - I was asking myself if we would see arrive a plugin with a 10-bands equalizer for the others software based on squeezelite (not ESP32) ?
    Last edited by schmurtz; 2020-09-16 at 03:47.

Quote Originally Posted by mausginh View Post
    But I have a few problems:
    - web gui (and telnet) starts only directly after hard reset. Webserver seems to stop often.
    - in the gui many pages are empty: there are no lines in the nvs-editor (only the the green buttons), also no lines in the pin-assignment
    - the buttons in the advance tab does not work.

What am I doing wrong? Which protocolls are needes to know the problem?

Best Greets
    Thank you for reporting this. First, make sure you do a full page refresh with ctrl+F5. Chrome, and likely other browsers, have a tendency to cache files and this sometimes result in "Franken code" that has messages coming from a release that's different from the running version. You could also open Chrome's developer feature (ctrl+shift+I in Windows) and see if there are any errors in the console. Also report any errors from the serial console if possible.

Note that the pin assignment is still not complete, lacking Friday, etc, and that there could still be bugs. The configuration tab is also very much a work in progress and has not been fully regression tested (being a development branch).

I don't have an A1S board to test right now and so your help is important! Thank you!
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    You could also open Chrome's developer feature (ctrl+shift+I in Windows) and see if there are any errors in the console. Also report any errors from the serial console if possible.
    This is the only msg on the Chrome-console:

Code:
    192.168.178.51/:1 [DOM] Password field is not contained in a form: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input id=​"manual_pwd" type=​"password" placeholder=​"Password" value>​
    192.168.178.51/:1 [DOM] Password field is not contained in a form: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input id=​"pwd" type=​"password" placeholder=​"Password" value>​
    code.js:1158 Objectcommands: (18) [{…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}]0: {help: "Get the current size of free heap memory", hascb: false, name: "free"}1: {help: "Services", hascb: true, argtable: Array(4), hint: " [--telnet] [--BT_Speaker] [--AirPlay] [--stats]", name: "set_services"}2: {help: "Get minimum size of free heap memory found during execution", hascb: false, name: "heap"}3: {help: "Device Name", hascb: true, argtable: Array(1), hint: " [-n squeezelite-7365d0]", name: "setname"}4: {help: "Get version of chip and SDK", hascb: false, name: "version"}5: {help: "Software reset of the chip", hascb: false, name: "restart"}6: {help: "Resets and boot to recovery (if available)", hascb: false, name: "recovery"}7: {help: "Selects the ota app partition to boot from and performa a software reset of the chip", hascb: false, name: "restart_ota"}8: {help: "I2C Bus Parameters", hascb: true, argtable: Array(6), hint: " [-l] [-p 0|1] [-f int] [-d <n>] [-c <n>] [--clear]", name: "i2cconfig"}9: {help: "SPI Bus Parameters", hascb: true, argtable: Array(5), hint: " [-d <n>] [-k <n>] [-c <n>] [-h int] [--clear]", name: "spiconfig"}10: {help: "Scan I2C bus for devices", hascb: false, name: "i2cdetect"}11: {help: "Read registers visible through the I2C bus", hascb: false, argtable: Array(3), hint: " -c <chip_addr> [-r <register_addr>] [-l <length>]", name: "i2cget"}12: {help: "Set registers visible through the I2C bus", hascb: false, argtable: Array(4), hint: " -c <chip_addr> [-p <n>] [-r <register_addr>] [<data>]...", name: "i2cset"}13: {help: "Examine registers visible through the I2C bus", hascb: false, argtable: Array(2), hint: " -c <chip_addr> [-s <size>]", name: "i2cdump"}14: {help: "Display", hascb: true, argtable: Array(11), hint: " [-r] [-t <I2C|SPI>] [-d <SH1106|SSD1306|SSD1322|S…-h <n>] [--hf] [--vf] [-s <n>] [-b <n>] [--clear]", name: "setdisplay"}15: {help: "Shows display options and global i2c configuration", hascb: false, name: "getdisplay"}16: {help: "Stop the I2C bus", hascb: false, argtable: Array(1), hint: " [-p <0|1>]", name: "i2cstop"}17: {help: "Check if the I2C bus is installed", hascb: false, argtable: Array(1), hint: " [-p <0|1>]", name: "i2ccheck"}length: 18__proto__: Array(0)values: i2cconfig: {scl: 21, sda: 22, freq: 600000, port: 1}set_services: {BT_Speaker: false, AirPlay: false, telnet: true, stats: false}setdisplay: {address: 0, width: 128, height: 48, type: "I2C", driver: "SSD1306", …}setname: {name: "squeezelite-7365d0"}spiconfig: __proto__: Object__proto__: Object__proto__: Object

I can send the serial output later. Need to open the device.

Quote Originally Posted by mausginh View Post
    This is the only msg on the Chrome-console:

Code:
    192.168.178.51/:1 [DOM] Password field is not contained in a form: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input id=​"manual_pwd" type=​"password" placeholder=​"Password" value>​
    192.168.178.51/:1 [DOM] Password field is not contained in a form: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input id=​"pwd" type=​"password" placeholder=​"Password" value>​
    code.js:1158 Objectcommands: (18) [{…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}, {…}]0: {help: "Get the current size of free heap memory", hascb: false, name: "free"}1: {help: "Services", hascb: true, argtable: Array(4), hint: " [--telnet] [--BT_Speaker] [--AirPlay] [--stats]", name: "set_services"}2: {help: "Get minimum size of free heap memory found during execution", hascb: false, name: "heap"}3: {help: "Device Name", hascb: true, argtable: Array(1), hint: " [-n squeezelite-7365d0]", name: "setname"}4: {help: "Get version of chip and SDK", hascb: false, name: "version"}5: {help: "Software reset of the chip", hascb: false, name: "restart"}6: {help: "Resets and boot to recovery (if available)", hascb: false, name: "recovery"}7: {help: "Selects the ota app partition to boot from and performa a software reset of the chip", hascb: false, name: "restart_ota"}8: {help: "I2C Bus Parameters", hascb: true, argtable: Array(6), hint: " [-l] [-p 0|1] [-f int] [-d <n>] [-c <n>] [--clear]", name: "i2cconfig"}9: {help: "SPI Bus Parameters", hascb: true, argtable: Array(5), hint: " [-d <n>] [-k <n>] [-c <n>] [-h int] [--clear]", name: "spiconfig"}10: {help: "Scan I2C bus for devices", hascb: false, name: "i2cdetect"}11: {help: "Read registers visible through the I2C bus", hascb: false, argtable: Array(3), hint: " -c <chip_addr> [-r <register_addr>] [-l <length>]", name: "i2cget"}12: {help: "Set registers visible through the I2C bus", hascb: false, argtable: Array(4), hint: " -c <chip_addr> [-p <n>] [-r <register_addr>] [<data>]...", name: "i2cset"}13: {help: "Examine registers visible through the I2C bus", hascb: false, argtable: Array(2), hint: " -c <chip_addr> [-s <size>]", name: "i2cdump"}14: {help: "Display", hascb: true, argtable: Array(11), hint: " [-r] [-t <I2C|SPI>] [-d <SH1106|SSD1306|SSD1322|S…-h <n>] [--hf] [--vf] [-s <n>] [-b <n>] [--clear]", name: "setdisplay"}15: {help: "Shows display options and global i2c configuration", hascb: false, name: "getdisplay"}16: {help: "Stop the I2C bus", hascb: false, argtable: Array(1), hint: " [-p <0|1>]", name: "i2cstop"}17: {help: "Check if the I2C bus is installed", hascb: false, argtable: Array(1), hint: " [-p <0|1>]", name: "i2ccheck"}length: 18__proto__: Array(0)values: i2cconfig: {scl: 21, sda: 22, freq: 600000, port: 1}set_services: {BT_Speaker: false, AirPlay: false, telnet: true, stats: false}setdisplay: {address: 0, width: 128, height: 48, type: "I2C", driver: "SSD1306", …}setname: {name: "squeezelite-7365d0"}spiconfig: __proto__: Object__proto__: Object__proto__: Object

I can send the serial output later. Need to open the device.

No need for now. This tells me enough to get started. Thank you!
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Update of recovery firmware

I have two question about SqueezeAMP firmware updates.

Today I received my SqueezeAMP board. After initial Wifi setup I did an OTA update of the Squeezelite firmware. Now I have:
    Recovery FW: development.115-SqueezeAmp4MBFl, mode: recovery
    Squeezelite FW: v0.5.668-IDFv3.1.5-SqueezeAmp4M, mode: squeezelite

My two questions:
    1) If I understand correctly only the Squeezelite firmware can be updated over-the-air (i.e. via Wifi). And updating the Recovery firmware needs to be done via an USB to serial FTDI interface + espressif download tool, as described under point 2 in this message by Philippe. => Can somebody please confirm if my understanding is correct?

2) For SqueezeAMP there is SqueezeAmp4MBFlash firmware and SqueezeAmp8MBFlash firmware. Is there any functional difference between these two firmware variants?
    Last edited by CJS; 2020-09-18 at 17:32.
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by CJS View Post
    I have two question about SqueezeAMP firmware updates.

Today I received my SqueezeAMP board. After initial Wifi setup I did an OTA update of the Squeezelite firmware. Now I have:

My two questions:
    1) If I understand correctly only the Squeezelite firmware can be updated over-the-air (i.e. via Wifi). And updating the Recovery firmware needs to be done via an USB to serial FTDI interface + espressif download tool, as described under point 2 in this message by Philippe. => Can somebody please confirm if my understanding is correct?

2) For SqueezeAMP there is SqueezeAmp4MBFlash firmware and SqueezeAmp8MBFlash firmware. Is there any functional difference between these two firmware variants?
    1) Yes, recovery update can only be done locally
    2) None and you should use the 4MB version. We are trying to keep FW within these limits
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by schmurtz View Post
    2 additionnal questions no directly linked to the ESP32-A1S subject :

1 -I would like to know if it is possible to do exactly what we want on the LCD screen. For example I try to have something like this :
    Name:  Squeeze-ESP32-screen.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  7.2 KB
    Can I achieve this with the different options/plugins ?

2 - I was asking myself if we would see arrive a plugin with a 10-bands equalizer for the others software based on squeezelite (not ESP32) ?
    1- Not fully. The way I wrote the code, the artwork is really expecting to occupy all space (H and V) after the X and Y you specify in the settings. So you might be able to write in rows below, but I'm not sure, I've not explicitly coded that and I don't think it will work. In addition, I don't think Music Information Screen plugin might not let you "spare" a zone in the middle of the screen.

2- Well, maybe FFT convolver would be a good solution. I don't think it has been ported to squeezelite - @ralphy, do you know? Now, my plate is really full currently
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    2- Well, maybe FFT convolver would be a good solution. I don't think it has been ported to squeezelite - @ralphy, do you know? Now, my plate is really full currently
    Not to my knowledge. However, the C3PO plugin, might allow you to use the sox convolver feature for a single player, provided the server running LMS has enough grunt.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

SqueezeAMP Recovery FW update

I did an attempt to update the Recovery FW of my SqueezeAMP to: v0.5.668-IDFv3.1.5-SqueezeAmp4M. But sofar without succes. Luckily nothing is broken. After my failed attempt the SqueezeAMP still has the Recovery FW version quoted above.

I tried to follow the instructions outlined under point 2 in this message by Philippe. USB to serial FTDI board that I use is this one. Connections between ftdi pin header and SqueezeAmp (sa) pin header J3 are as follows:
    - TX (ftdi) to RX (sa)
    - RX (ftdi) to TX (sa)
    - DTR (ftdi) to DWL (sa)
    - CTS (ftdi) to RST (sa) <= EDIT: NB, this is wrong. This connection should be removed, and FLASH process should be started manually by pressing RST button on SA board, see here.
    - GND (ftdi) to GND (sa)
    - VCC (ftdi) and 3.3 (sa) not connected.

Screenshot below shows the chosen settings in the Espressif download tool. The screenshot was taken with the Recovery FW download process in progress:

Name:  ESP32_download_tool.png
Views: 126
Size:  69.6 KB

Is something wrong with these settings? I selected 32Mbit Flash Size (32Mbit=4MByte). Is this correct? COM14 is the serial port number of the FTDI board.
    After pressing START the FLASH process seems to start OK (SYNC status stays green), but the FLASH process seems to take forever. After circa half an hour I presssed the STOP button since I assumed that something was wrong. The terminal window shows an endless ....._____ pattern. Is this normal? Hints or suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by CJS; 2020-09-20 at 04:05. Reason: Added warning about wrong connection between CTS (ftdi) and RST (sa)
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

The terminal window shows an endless ....._____ pattern. Is this normal? Hints or suggestions are welcome!
    This is an indication that the esp32 isn't responding. The serial flash process should take a minute or two. You could try to half the baud rate and see if that helps; I've seen cases where external adapters could not get to that speed level you have set. Other than that, it could be that the esp32 isn't it flash bootloader. If you are using an FTDI adapter that can reset the chip and set it in flash mode, check your connection. Otherwise, make sure you've toggled the flash switch on the SqueezeAmp, then restarted the device before flashing.
    6xSqueezeAmp!