Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughby View Post
    Edit: Many thanks for the prompt reply

The 4Mb script produced the same results.

The output of 'git log' for esp-idf gives

Code:
    commit 5ec780d6b5542cbbaa1e572e117f493f1acb6fdf (HEAD -> release/v4.0, origin/release/v4.0)
    Merge: 5ad471336 93aea7164
    Author: Jiang Jiang Jian <jack@espressif.com>
    Date:   Thu Aug 27 11:48:30 2020 +0800

Merge branch 'bugfix/wifi_deinit_stop_crash_v4.0' into 'release/v4.0'

esp_wifi: fix the crash when wifi stop after deinit (v4.0)

See merge request espressif/esp-idf!10029
    followed by many more very recent commits including a reference to 'updating mbedtls'.
    Currently, the Jenkins automated build system is on esp-idf V4 with commit 463a9d8b7f9af8205222b80707f9bdbba7c530e1

I'll see if I can pull the most recent commits from the esp-idf and try to build.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Currently, the Jenkins automated build system is on esp-idf V4 with commit 463a9d8b7f9af8205222b80707f9bdbba7c530e1
    I reverted to that commit, did a submodule update and squeezelite-esp32 built with no errors. Not tried to run it yet (off to do other things). I'm not very familiar with git so I want to sit down to work out what I actually did!

UI Update - Development branch

For the ones interested, I am currently working on a UI improvement that I am hoping will simplify the configuration of various components of the system. Here are some highlights

• A new configuration tab was added for the display
    • The "System" tab was renamed to "Advanced" and hidden by default
    • To show the advanced tab, a new toggle was added to the "Credits" tab
    • Other configuration sections will follow for various items like I2C, SPI, etc

Name:  Annotation 2020-09-04 161102.png
Views: 163
Size:  34.9 KB
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

That look really nice.

Awesome, I was little lost on my first configuration, I found all the necessary informations in this topic but this new UI will help a lot the first « experience »! Thanks !

Can I ask, how do I access/set the equalizer? I can see mention of one so I assume it's there I cannot see how to access it. I have some speakers that sound quite dull without eq.

I'm using the SqueezeAmp variant of Squeezelite-ESP32.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Heretic View Post
    Can I ask, how do I access/set the equalizer? I can see mention of one so I assume it's there I cannot see how to access it. I have some speakers that sound quite dull without eq.

I'm using the SqueezeAmp variant of Squeezelite-ESP32.
    From the LMS interface, in player’s settings
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    From the LMS interface, in player’s settings
    Ah thanks, I had checked there.

I think it's just a lot of these settings are a bit harder to find using the Material skin.

Turns out in player settings the top right hamburger icon turns to an "extra settings" option, it's all behind that.

Calling for comments and ideas on how to make the Squeezelite-ESP32 more accessible and easier to enhance with peripherals. Dedicated discussion started here:
    https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32/issues/49
    6xSqueezeAmp!

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    ...As for rotary encoders, you could very well have satellite ESP32 sending commands to the LMS server. This likely wouldn't require a full blown squeezelite implementation, but I've been giving that some thoughts in the past months while working on this project. I'll see how much work would be required on our codebase to do this, and discuss with Philippe to include this as a potential feature. ...
    That's something I was also thinking about. But I don't know enough of the code where to start. I would really like to see such a solution and would give it a thumb up. With this software and hardware you can easily put the amplifier anywhere (inside a speaker) and control it from another location. Yes there are smartphones, tablets and webbrowser, but sometimes a simple dedicated controller would be helpful. We start to have these devices and the squeezeboxes everywhere but usually you don't need the control where the speakers are.

Florian