Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1109
    Oops, forgot the last bit, nice pickup. I'll test again.

Edit: Unfortunately still the same with the 32bit Squeezelite-ESP32 and {"reg":23,"val":32}.
    Last edited by Tonic; 2021-07-23 at 06:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonic View Post
    reg:4 val:0 mutes the audio.

Edit: Scratch that, reg:4 val:0 doesn't mute but the output is very quiet. Still garbled though unfortunately.
    Yep, I was confusing reg 8 and 4. 4 is controlling DAC & outputs and should be set to enable L/R out but have you tried to enable just out1 whichs eems to be the one connected to the amp? It means reg4 = 48

reg8 = 0
    reg4 = 32
    reg23 = 24

use 16 bits version of squeezelite

After that, you best chance is to look at reg23 and see if there is something with the i2s format, polarity and justification. This is likely where the issue lies
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-07-23 at 10:47.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Enabling only the left channel with reg:4 val:32 works as expected; only the left output plays noise, however no change in the noise.

I've been testing a large number of reg settings one by one including most permutations of reg:23 but with no change.

Are we 100% sure the 'bck', 'ws' and 'do' settings are correct? Because when I test different values for these, most will still generate the same noise; there doesn't seem to be anything different in the sound with bck=27,ws=26,do=25.

Also does anyone know what the two red LEDs next to the earphones jack are for? They're labelled 'D4' and 'D5'. They lit up in testing once but after resetting the board I wasn't able to reproduce this. Probably just found their GPIO pins but maybe an indication of something.

Are we 100% sure the 'bck', 'ws' and 'do' settings are correct? Because when I test different values for these, most will still generate the same noise; there doesn't seem to be anything different in the sound with bck=27,ws=26,do=25.
    I zoomed in on the datasheet. Maybe these are correct? bck=5,ws=25,do=26

Mike

Name:  Screenshot (45).jpg
Views: 165
Size:  85.0 KB

I've tried this and all combinations of 5, 25, 26, 27, 35 for all three but to no effect. I even tried all values from 0 to 38 for bck with ws=26 do=25.

I think there's still something fundamental we're missing. I've scoured the registers but there just aren't that many options to try. This is the base configuration I'm deviating from, the bck, ws and do settings seem to to be the most likely to be wrong as the registers are well documented, the sda, scl and i2c settings are confirmed and with any other setting on the amp I get silence.

dac_config model=I2S,bck=27,ws=26,do=25,sda=18,scl=23,i2c=16
    dac_controlset {"init":[{"reg":8,"val":0},{"reg":4,"val":48},{"reg":23,"va l":24}]}
    set_GPIO 21=amp

(ignore the space in "val", that seems to be a forum formatting issue)

Would it be useful to record the noise I'm hearing? Perhaps it's a clue to more experienced ears?

I think there's still something fundamental we're missing. I've scoured the registers but there just aren't that many options to try. This is the base configuration I'm deviating from, the bck, ws and do settings seem to to be the most likely to be wrong as the registers are well documented, the sda, scl and i2c settings are confirmed and with any other setting on the amp I get silence.
    I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    When I try to start playback with the toggle command after booting, nothing happens. Once I have started playback with the play command, then the toggle command also works as desired. Only the first attempt after startup does not work with toggle.
    So maybe I'm missing something, but I have a test system with ACTRLS_TOGGLE on a button and it works as expected: after reboot, it plays when there is something in the playlist. Maybe the issue is that you are trying to use that code to start a playback when the playlist is empty (to fill the playlist with that item) in which case LMS does not react to 'toggle' as, when it receives the toggle request, its playlist is empty. I checked the LMS code and I could not find anything wrong neither in squeezelite-esp32 code (here it's just the same command sent all the time). Try settting LMS' logging of "control.command" to "info" and see what traces say
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by jofland View Post
    I agree with that.
    I'll receive an ESP-A1S (ES8388) in the coming weeks and will look at that

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I'll receive an ESP-A1S (ES8388) in the coming weeks and will look at that
    Thumbs up

I did not do much testing the last days but read something about connecting the ES8388 to ESP32.

Parameters for dac_config

pcbartists did an own break out board with ES8388 and explained the necessary connections for the board very well. I do not think the gpios used are the same as for the A1S; but it is just good for explanation: https://pcbartists.com/products/es83...c-interfacing/

I would like to know from philippe, which parameters in the dac_config are possible and what they mean. Could you please explain them in brief? As far as I know are there bck, ws, do, di, i2c, sda, scl

Following the explanation from the link above in section "I2S bus pins" we should configure the following pins: sclk, lrclk, din, do, mclk (and of course scl and sda). Which are the equivalent parameters in dac_config to all the clock parameters of the explanation of the link above?

Default example

There is also a documentation to bulid AI┤s default example for the audio kit. I did not try this yet:
    https://pcbartists.com/design/embedd...es8388-module/
    https://github.com/Ai-Thinker-Open/ESP32-A1S-AudioKit

@philippe: Maybe when receiving your board, you could try the originally flashed firmware that comes with the board to proof the board working at all, before you flash squeezelite?