Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 341 to 344 of 344
  1. #341
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    354
    updated to 532 / v0.210, thanks for the work!

    Spectrum now shows nicely between cover art and scrolling title, but only when "Screensaver when playing" is set to Now Playing. Setting it to Music Information Screen takes out the spectrum (text and cover art stay).
    The spectrum values shown come out quite high (I use the player @ 100% feeding a pre-amp) and I tried to change it with the Spectrum scaling setting on the ESP plugin page to lower the height of the columns.
    I think, however, that this setting doesn't effect anything. Is there a way to tune down the height of the bars shown in the spectrum analyzer?
    Likewise the "Full spectrum band factor" setting doesn't seem to change anything.

    Syncing players is still bad for cover art.

    On another note: my synced players have a tendency to switch themselves on when I switch on one of the other players.
    All Synchronize Power settings are set to "Power Off/On separately", however.

  2. #342
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    updated to 532 / v0.210, thanks for the work!
    Spectrum now shows nicely between cover art and scrolling title, but only when "Screensaver when playing" is set to Now Playing. Setting it to Music Information Screen takes out the spectrum (text and cover art stay).
    Are you sure? I just tried and I have Music Info Screen and artwork. What can happen sometimes is when switching between modes, things can be a bit funny. Just apply the setting twice of try another track maybe.
    The spectrum values shown come out quite high (I use the player @ 100% feeding a pre-amp) and I tried to change it with the Spectrum scaling setting on the ESP plugin page to lower the height of the columns.
    I think, however, that this setting doesn't effect anything. Is there a way to tune down the height of the bars shown in the spectrum analyzer?
    Likewise the "Full spectrum band factor" setting doesn't seem to change anything.
    Yes, these parameters are not for "volume" of the spectrum but for the number of bands displayed. There is already a fixed value for scaling back when using fixed volume. I can change it but it's built-in and others seems to have liked the current setting
    Syncing players is still bad for cover art.

    On another note: my synced players have a tendency to switch themselves on when I switch on one of the other players.
    All Synchronize Power settings are set to "Power Off/On separately", however.
    These are strange. Especially the power one, it's a LMS request to power ON/OFF devices. Have you tried with your other squeezeboxes?

    Name:  IMG_6016.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  69.9 KB
    Last edited by philippe_44; Yesterday at 20:14.
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

  3. #343
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    Syncing players is still bad for cover art.
    Should be fixed by 0.211
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

  4. #344
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Are you sure? I just tried and I have Music Info Screen and artwork. What can happen sometimes is when switching between modes, things can be a bit funny. Just apply the setting twice of try another track maybe.
    will try again when I get home. But I remember having difficulties with the analog VU and MusicInfoSCR on an oled display before. The solution was in how to configre MusicInfoSCR, but I here I failed so far.
    Can you please share the settings you use for MusicInfoSCR?

    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Yes, these parameters are not for "volume" of the spectrum but for the number of bands displayed. There is already a fixed value for scaling back when using fixed volume. I can change it but it's built-in and others seems to have liked the current setting
    It doesn't change anything on the spectrum analyzer, also not the number of bands displayed.
    The volume scale is good for analog VU, for spectrum the left half of the columns is basically maxed out at usual loudness. No biggie though, analog VU is nice, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    These are strange. Especially the power one, it's a LMS request to power ON/OFF devices. Have you tried with your other squeezeboxes?
    My SB3 squeezeboxes I had to retire completely : (
    I used to run two pCPs, but they are not online currently. But I can turn them on to test.
    The problem occurs only sometimes. But I don't remember switching the pCP would affect the ESP32s, only that switching one ESP would also switch on other ESPs or pCP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •