Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

New build, fresh from the oven

I just wanted to report a new build which was generated through GitHub's Actions.

https://github.com/sle118/squeezelit...%3ACross-Build

I intentionally bumped the build number and the release is now at #508.

There are 2 main changes to report
    • The new build system will always align to the latest and greatest ESP-IDF release v4.0.
    • The consequence of the previous change is that it is no longer possible to use WiFi power save None as a workaround for WiFi stability. Given that the firmware uses the latest ESP-IDF v4.0, I am hoping that the workaround will no longer be needed.

As usual, please report any issues you might have, including issues playing back to a bluetooth external sink.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

ANNOUNCE: Squeezelite-ESP32(dedicated thread)

I installed the "SqueezeAMP" build 508. Quick test played Spotty, TIDAL
    (flac), Radio Paradise (flac), some local station (mp3). But the UI says
    "fw: custom.build". What am I missing?

(playing "Bohemian Rhapsody" from TIDAL's "My Mix" right now :-))

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I installed the "SqueezeAMP" build 508. Quick test played Spotty, TIDAL
    (flac), Radio Paradise (flac), some local station (mp3). But the UI says
    "fw: custom.build". What am I missing?

(playing "Bohemian Rhapsody" from TIDAL's "My Mix" right now :-))

--

Michael
    Thanks for pointing this out. The build version is cooked in by the build system through environment variables. I guess I need to check my Github Actions to make sure it propagates that variable properly.

EDIT: This issue is now resolved!
    Last edited by sle118; 2020-10-28 at 12:30.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    I've been testing extensively (playing all day) with development.145.master-cmake squeezeAMP8MBFlash over the last few weeks and haven't noticed any crashes, although not always in the room listening to it, so if it crashed it rebooted and continued to play.

Using I2S not SPDIF though. Did not always have a display configured and connected either.

On another setup to a bluetooth speaker I tried 148 but couldn't get bluetooth working, so dropped back to 142 which is the latest version available that I seem to be able to get music to play on bluetooth.

Kev
    Out of curiosity, have you tried versions between 143, 145 or 147 to see if bluetooth is working?
    6xSqueezeAmp!

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you tried versions between 143, 145 or 147 to see if bluetooth is working?
    Yes, stepped backwards from 148 and 142 was the first version I got to that worked.

I can try again, It's not overly important to me what version I'm running, just playing around and testing, that SqueezeAMP is spare at the moment, but trying it with the Bluetooth speaker as a possible for fitting inside the speaker to make a fully portable setup, speaker battery life is declared as 24 hour, had it running non stop for nine hours yesterday, didn't hear any issues, so 142 bluetooth is pretty solid.

I'll report back when I have another round of testing and run back through the versions again.

Cheers

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    Yes, stepped backwards from 148 and 142 was the first version I got to that worked.

I can try again, It's not overly important to me what version I'm running, just playing around and testing, that SqueezeAMP is spare at the moment, but trying it with the Bluetooth speaker as a possible for fitting inside the speaker to make a fully portable setup, speaker battery life is declared as 24 hour, had it running non stop for nine hours yesterday, didn't hear any issues, so 142 bluetooth is pretty solid.

I'll report back when I have another round of testing and run back through the versions again.

Cheers

Kev
    I have found the BT issue, itĺs ancien and very strange it did not hit us before. Iĺll push a fix soon
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Hi,

I am new to this forum, so first of all a big "thank you" especially @mheger, @philippe_44 and @sle118 for all the work, enthusiasm and support around LMS and squeezelite!

I am using the ESP32-A1S audio-kit board together with an SSD1306 OLED display and a rotary encoder.
    In general it is working fine in a configuration like the one from @funkybassman. But threw are two things i am struggling with:

1. If the OLED is connected to VCC and GND and I connect the ESP to power, the ESP is not booting. I have to disconnect the OLED from power, boot the ESP and connect the power to the OLED after boot up completed. Then i can reboot the ESP via the UI-Reboot as i want. It is working with OLED like a charm.

2. If I use the rotary-encoder I get the following messages in the telnet logs:[/LIST]
    Code:
    [00:05:53.274127] cli_send_cmd:254 cannot send CLI 4c:aa:aa:f5:91:88 button volup
    [00:05:54.183171] cli_send_cmd:254 cannot send CLI 4c:aa:aa:f5:91:88 button voldown
    As i am using LMS in an environment with different subnets, i am using LMS with username and password protection. So i have to use the username and password also for the CLI access. Is this the "problem"? Is there a possibility to use the username/password with equeezelite-esp32? Or do I miss something?

My current configuration:nvs_config1604136357840json_working_148_with_oled_rotary.txt

Quote Originally Posted by fce View Post
    I am using the ESP32-A1S audio-kit board
    Hi,

I can't help you with your problems at this stage because so far I've not been able to flash my ESP32-A1S Audio Developer Board.

Could you please run through the connections and steps you took to get ESP32-A1S firmware into the device?

Thanks

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by fce View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum, so first of all a big "thank you" especially @mheger, @philippe_44 and @sle118 for all the work, enthusiasm and support around LMS and squeezelite!

I am using the ESP32-A1S audio-kit board together with an SSD1306 OLED display and a rotary encoder.
    In general it is working fine in a configuration like the one from @funkybassman. But threw are two things i am struggling with:

1. If the OLED is connected to VCC and GND and I connect the ESP to power, the ESP is not booting. I have to disconnect the OLED from power, boot the ESP and connect the power to the OLED after boot up completed. Then i can reboot the ESP via the UI-Reboot as i want. It is working with OLED like a charm.

2. If I use the rotary-encoder I get the following messages in the telnet logs:[/LIST]
    Code:
    [00:05:53.274127] cli_send_cmd:254 cannot send CLI 4c:aa:aa:f5:91:88 button volup
    [00:05:54.183171] cli_send_cmd:254 cannot send CLI 4c:aa:aa:f5:91:88 button voldown
    As i am using LMS in an environment with different subnets, i am using LMS with username and password protection. So i have to use the username and password also for the CLI access. Is this the "problem"? Is there a possibility to use the username/password with equeezelite-esp32? Or do I miss something?

My current configuration:nvs_config1604136357840json_working_148_with_oled_rotary.txt
    1. How do you power up the A1S? It looks like power/USB is too weak so at boot time, there is too much current demanded when the display is connected. If you connect it later, the "boot rush" is done so it works but it's not a satisfactory solution at all.

2. When sending button commands, the CLI interface must be open and user/password is not supported. Now, there is a workaround to use "lms_ctrls_raw" option so that what is sent to LMS is really just raw button codes. In such case the JSON descriptor of button-to-function mapping does not apply. The function of a button is just what LMS does with it, hard-coded. No long/shift press. See the README
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    2 things
    - can you try to play for a couple of days w/o display?
    - can you try to run for another couple of day and make sure that nothing is using the web interface?
    fw: development.148-I2S-4MFlash
    6 days, few hours/ day, no web access, no display, no crash.