Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry1999 View Post
    In addition to sle118 answer::
    if you change the DIP-Switches to use for example a display or buttons, rotary with these IOs, you can't use the Card-Reader.
    Gosh, I've missed this! Thank you for the explanation.

To be precise, the dip switch is by default set like this:

ON,OFF,ON,OFF,OFF

In poor words:

IO13 -> KEY2
    IO15 -> CMD

So, it's possible to use the SD Card and the display too, because only CMD is useful for the SD Card reader, but you lost the IO13 that in my case is used for the DATA (SDA) pin of the TFT display.
    So, a possible replacement of the GPIO13 could be the GPIO12 used for the backlight. Of course, you losing the backlight control of the display, but you can use the Display and SD Card at the same time without a problem!

Finally, it's possible to use the Display and SD Card with a simple modification if you accept to lose the backlight control by software, for example, for a hardware control by a potentiometer if you need it.

It's just a choice!

--PS--
    In my opinion, at this point, the sd card has to be a must in the next future .
    Last edited by cosmok82; 2021-02-25 at 12:16.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmok82 View Post
    Gosh, I've missed this! Thank you for the explanation.

To be precise, the dip switch is by default set like this:

ON,OFF,ON,OFF,OFF

In poor words:

IO13 -> KEY2
    IO15 -> CMD

So, it's possible to use the SD Card and the display too, because only CMD is useful for the SD Card reader, but you lost the IO13 that in my case is used for the DATA (SDA) pin of the TFT display.
    So, a possible replacement of the GPIO13 could be the GPIO12 used for the backlight. Of course, you losing the backlight control of the display, but you can use the Display and SD Card at the same time without a problem!

Finally, it's possible to use the Display and SD Card with a simple modification if you accept to lose the backlight control by software, for example, for a hardware control by a potentiometer if you need it.

It's just a choice!

--PS--
    In my opinion, at this point, the sd card has to be a must in the next future .
    I have no plan for SD card support. It’s very far from the philosophy of the software we have developed (not a standalone player which would require a UI)
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I have no plan for SD card support. It’s very far from the philosophy of the software we have developed (not a standalone player which would require a UI)
    I understand Philippe your point, no problem, eventually it's possible a different implementation in a fork, so in the future, I'd like to learn in-depth the code just to understand how every piece of code was implemented.

--ERRATA CORRIGE--

ON,OFF,ON,OFF,OFF

In poor words:

IO13 -> KEY2
    IO15 -> CMD

My previous proposal cannot be used to enable SD Card and Display, I tried several configurations, but the data pin seems to work only with the MTCK (IO13). As previously anticipated, I need more time to learn how the code was implemented and the constraints of the ESP32 A1S in particular.
    I assumed the SPI was an SW implementation, but on the contrary, seems that the configuration following an HW constraint. It's too early to say anything, but with this FW implementation seems that the only admitted configuration is OFF,OFF,OFF,ON,ON.

Anyway, during my tests, I found a trick that could be satisfying for everybody. I used the GPIO22 for the backlight, it's pretty satisfying to see the red led that doesn't blink, I think....

If you are interested, this is my last configuration:

Code:
    display_config: SPI,width=128,height=160,back=22,speed=28000000,driver=ST7735,VFlip,HFlip
    Code:
    spi_config: data=13,clk=15,dc=0,host=1
    Last edited by cosmok82; 2021-02-25 at 15:17.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmok82 View Post
    ... I tried several configurations, but the data pin seems to work only with the MTCK (IO13). As previously anticipated, I need more time to learn how the code was implemented and the constraints of the ESP32 A1S in particular.
    I assumed the SPI was an SW implementation, but on the contrary, seems that the configuration following an HW constraint. It's too early to say anything, but with this FW implementation seems that the only admitted configuration is OFF,OFF,OFF,ON,ON.
    This AI-Thinker-ESP32AudioKit-V2.2 board has 6 Key onboard with switch-debouncing... see the capacitor C56 - C61 in the datasheet -> esp32-audio-kit_v2.2_sch.pdf

The onloard-buttons have:
    GPIO36=Key1
    GPIO13=Key2
    GPIO19=Key3
    GPIO23=Key4
    GPIO18=Key5
    GPIO5 =Key6

The capacitors are good for debouncing the buttons, but bad for high frequencies that we need for SPI.
    If you use this parallel IO-Pins for high frequencies, you have to remove the capacitor.

M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by MumPf View Post
    This AI-Thinker-ESP32AudioKit-V2.2 board has 6 Key onboard with switch-debouncing... see the capacitor C56 - C61 in the datasheet -> esp32-audio-kit_v2.2_sch.pdf

The onloard-buttons have:
    GPIO36=Key1
    GPIO13=Key2
    GPIO19=Key3
    GPIO23=Key4
    GPIO18=Key5
    GPIO5 =Key6

The capacitors are good for debouncing the buttons, but bad for high frequencies that we need for SPI.
    If you use this parallel IO-Pins for high frequencies, you have to remove the capacitor.

M.P.
    Hi MumPf, sorry if I take advantage, but what you wrote could be an assist for a problem I'm having.

I'm trying to configure the keys to control the board, but I tried to add some feature to key6 alias GPIO5 (as a test) without success.
    Could you help me? This is the button configuration:

Code:
    actrls_config:

[{"gpio":5,
      "long_press":1000,
      "normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_PLAY"}
      "longpress":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_PAUSE"}
     }
    ]

Please attach the complete NVS-Export. I will take a look at it.
    Last edited by MumPf; 2021-02-26 at 01:55.

Please attach the complete NVS-Export. I will take a look at it.
    It's pretty simple at this stage, so I don't know because it doesn't work. Thx in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ANNOUNCE: Squeezelite-ESP32 (dedicated thread)

You need to add new NVS parameter.
    Like „button“...
    Then add the action to this parameter

"button": "[{"gpio":5,"long_press":1000,"normal":{"pressed":"A CTRLS_PLAY"}"longpress":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_PAUSE"} }]",

Then

"actrls_config": "button",

It’s described here: https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32

M. P.
    Last edited by MumPf; 2021-02-27 at 07:17.

You need to add new NVS parameter.
    Like „button“...
    Then add the action to this parameter

"button": "[{"gpio":5,"long_press":1000,"normal":{"pressed":"A CTRLS_PLAY"}"longpress":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_PAUSE"} }]",

Then

"actrls_config": "button",

It’s described here: https://github.com/sle118/squeezelite-esp32

M. P.
    Thanks, MumPf, this is my demo working button configuration:

nvs_config_squeezelite-working8.txt

I got during my tests some issues, so thought to make this video to show you the cases. It's pretty frustrating to understand if it's a server fault or esp32 flat, please feel free to examine it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f0A...ew?usp=sharing

PS
    The switch of boot button was damaged during soldering and 3D printing parts design (I glued it), so I don't know if could be a shortcut of the boot button the issue showed, but I need your help.
    Do you know where I can find this particular button on Aliexpress? I think have to change it. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by cosmok82; 2021-02-28 at 16:21.