Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    My Last config for this kind of Display (ESP32 Audio Kit V.2.2) is:

Firmware: dev.569 ESP32-A1S

SPI:width=320,height=240,back=12,speed=40000000,dr iver=ILI9341
    data=13,clk=15,dc=0,host=1

DIP-Switches: Off,Off,Off,On,On

Clock,CLK,SCL => (MTDO) = IO15
    Data,SDO => MOSI (MTCK) = IO13
    DC => IO0
    Reset => RST
    Backlight,BLK => (MTDI) = IO12
    MISO,SDI => MISO = empty
    CS => empty
    Last edited by Harry1999; 2021-02-24 at 01:17.

Thanks at all.

Right now it works, but I have another problem. But, first of all, my configuration...

Configuration for TFT 1.8 inch 128X160 based on the ST7735 (ESP32 Audio Kit V.2.2) is:

Firmware: dev.571 ESP32-A1S

Code:
    display_config: SPI,width=128,height=160,back=12,speed=27000000,driver=ST7735,VFlip,HFlip
    Code:
    spi_config: data=13,clk=15,dc=0,host=1
    DIP-Switches: Off,Off,Off,On,On

Clock,CLK,SCL => (MTDO) = GPIO15
    Data,SDA => MOSI (MTCK) = GPIO13
    Reset,RES => RST
    DC => GPIO0
    CS => GND (IT'S A MUST IF YOU DO NOT WANT ANY MISTAKE OR THE WHITE DISPLAY DURING PLAYING)
    Backlight,BL,BLK => (MTDI) = GPIO12

Name:  20210224_154828.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  204.0 KB

So, the problem, I don't know if you got anything with your LMS during playing, but after a while my server on PC freezes, and even if the PLAY cursor runs I haven't the audio signal output.
    Even reconnecting it, I can't resolve it.
    The only solution I founded is to reinstall the server, but then the problem returns and I have to reconfigure anyway.
    It is a severe problem. Any solution?

PS
    Is it possible to play songs from SD in "standalone mode"?

---UPDATE---
    LMS server crash very often (after server reboot), I don't know if for you it's the same (LMS V8.1.1).

---UPDATE---
    It seems that I resolved, solution:
    - install the LMS Version 7.7.7-1601565244
    - then update to the LMS Versione: 8.1.1 - 1610364019 @ Thu Jan 14 06:14:13 WEST 2021
    I don't know why, but it works
    Last edited by cosmok82; 2021-02-24 at 12:06.

Name:  20210224_220601.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  122.8 KB

I modified the ESP32 settings and enabling the spectrum, it's shown in 90 degrees instead of under the title. Do you know why?

Quote Originally Posted by cosmok82 View Post

I modified the ESP32 settings and enabling the spectrum, it's shown in 90 degrees instead of under the title. Do you know why?
    Yes, it's automatic & on purpose. It tries best fit. If you want it above, you have to move the origin of the artwork and leave at least 32 points under the main menu, so artwork cannot be less than a 64 lines offset
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-02-24 at 16:51.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by MumPf View Post
    yes, if you swap the cable connections, you also have to swap the IOs too.

You can see our wiring here -> Post #568
    It works too.

If you are afraid of burning into the TFT: Since version 569, the new button action can be used to switch off the display. Today it's not in the Readme, but in Pull request #64 you see the button action ACTRLS_POWER for the power button.

I use it with longpress on the Rotary Encoder (via button in NVS, and wire Rotary-SW on GPIO23).
    Code:
    NVS-Button -> [{"gpio":23,"type":"BUTTON_LOW","pull":true,"long_press":1000,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_TOGGLE"},"longpress":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_POWER"}}]
    Alternatively, you can also use the on/off switch via the LMS webpage or the material skin webpage. See pictures:

Attachment 33526 <- LMS

Attachment 33527 <- LMS with material skin

The brightness must then be set in the player's plug-in "Display". See picture:

Attachment 33528

I use brightness=3 because I will see a clock...

More infos to ILI9431 see -> Post #537

Greetings
    M.P.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. The integration of buttons is still on my todo list.
    I simply thought that there would be an automatic solution to my problem like an auto power off timer, even if I had to use a plugin.
    Now I see that this use case obviously isn't something which is widely requested.
    Anyway, I think I also want to display a clock when the player is stopped.

But I think there are still 2 issues / inconsistencies left which could be fixed:
    1. When I switch off the player and switch it back on while music is still playing on synchronized players, the album art is not displayed anymore when the player is back on and starts playing again. The space of the album art is then occupied by the oscilloscope which used to live above the album art before. This is fixed by a reboot. When I stop the music before switching the player off and on, the album art doesn't dissapear when I restart the playback.
    2. When the clock is set up as screensaver for stopped and for power off, the album art does only disappear on showing the clock screensaver in the power off state but not in the stopped state. I think for consistency it should also dissapear when the clock screensaver is displayed in the stopped state.

What do you think about this?
    Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by martymcbro View Post
    Thank you for the detailed explanation. The integration of buttons is still on my todo list.
    I simply thought that there would be an automatic solution to my problem like an auto power off timer, even if I had to use a plugin.
    Now I see that this use case obviously isn't something which is widely requested.
    Anyway, I think I also want to display a clock when the player is stopped.

But I think there are still 2 issues / inconsistencies left which could be fixed:
    1. When I switch off the player and switch it back on while music is still playing on synchronized players, the album art is not displayed anymore when the player is back on and starts playing again. The space of the album art is then occupied by the oscilloscope which used to live above the album art before. This is fixed by a reboot. When I stop the music before switching the player off and on, the album art doesn't dissapear when I restart the playback.
    2. When the clock is set up as screensaver for stopped and for power off, the album art does only disappear on showing the clock screensaver in the power off state but not in the stopped state. I think for consistency it should also dissapear when the clock screensaver is displayed in the stopped state.

What do you think about this?
    Best Regards
    On 1. and 2. I know I've left some inconsistencies but, believe it or not, they are pretty hard to solve as I'm adding this artwork & spectrum/VU in addition of what LMS normally does so there is a fair bit of guessing. LMS ignores the existence of these additions and normally thinks that it controls the whole display and even with a plugin, I cannot always be certain of the right thing to do (because some are inside LMS-controlled display sometimes and LMS never sends a "erase screen" command, so you don't really know if a screen refresh is because we are getting idle or not). In addition, I need to handle various display sizes. So for now, I'm unlikely to work on these problems.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Yes, it's automatic & on purpose. It tries best fit. If you want it above, you have to move the origin of the artwork and leave at least 32 points under the main menu, so artwork cannot be less than a 64 lines offset
    Thanks Philippe, I think that the following configuration is a good compromise with my TFF 128x160...

Small VU size -> 10
    Spectrum scaling -> 10
    Small Spectrum scaling -> Size:10 Band favor:5.33
    Full Spectrum band factor -> 2
    Artwork -> Enabled X:0 Y:89

PS
    About the playing from SD, it's possible on ESP32 Audio Kit 2.2?

It is possible, but definitely not with this firmware as it wasn't built with that purpose in mind.
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp!
    Contributing to Folding@Home : https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/squeezelite-esp32

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    On 1. and 2. I know I've left some inconsistencies but, believe it or not, they are pretty hard to solve as I'm adding this artwork & spectrum/VU in addition of what LMS normally does so there is a fair bit of guessing. LMS ignores the existence of these additions and normally thinks that it controls the whole display and even with a plugin, I cannot always be certain of the right thing to do (because some are inside LMS-controlled display sometimes and LMS never sends a "erase screen" command, so you don't really know if a screen refresh is because we are getting idle or not). In addition, I need to handle various display sizes. So for now, I'm unlikely to work on these problems.
    OK, I see. Thank you for the explanation.

In addition to sle118 answer::
    if you change the DIP-Switches to use for example a display or buttons, rotary with these IOs, you can't use the Card-Reader.