Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 141 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1556
    Quote Originally Posted by bgiraut View Post
    Hello, I have a problem with my second player. When I use the 4.3 branch wifi does not work. Nor Ap mode or connection to my wifi network. When i switch back to the cmake version everything is working.
    I have try to use flash_download_tools to flash the all partitions from the 4.3 branch but it make no difference
    I'm actually doing full regression testing of the network stack right now, as there were still quite a few issues lingering; that new branch has a 100% new Network state machine to support Ethernet and I lacked the time to test it all earlier.

Thank you for your patience!
    LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
    6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    Thank you for your patience!
    No...thank you! I stumbled my way getting this loaded, but finally did so a few days ago.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. In the mean time, I'll jot down any issues I may come across

Mike

A question about the equaliser, if I may. As far as I understand it (please correct me), the ESP32 Settings plugin writes the 'equalizer' NVS key when the player comes online, so it doesn't matter what values were in that key at boot - as soon as the player connects to LMS it gets the correct settings from the plugin, and updates the NVS key.

My question concerns the behaviour if there's no LMS available - e.g. if taken elsewhere for use as an Airplay or bluetooth device. If the device had previously been connected to LMS, then the equaliser settings should still be in NVS, so those settings should apply to Airplay or bluetooth playback.

But there seems to be an issue with negative values of the slider settings. The string that's recalled from the NVS key seems to show some odd characters. For example, equaliser settings of

Code:
    -1,5,3,0,-2,-2,0,5,8,5
    show up in the NVS editor as

Code:
    -0/,05,03,00,-0.,-0.,00,05,08,05
    If I manually edit that string, either in the NVS editor or by downloading the config and uploading an edited version, the displayed string reverts to the version with the odd values.

So I'm wondering whether this is simply a display problem, i.e. the negative values are correctly stored but merely displayed wrongly in the NVS editor and in the downloaded configuration, or are negative values being stored wrongly? If the latter, it would not be a problem with LMS use since the plugin updates the values anyway, but outside of LMS it could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    A question about the equaliser, if I may. As far as I understand it (please correct me), the ESP32 Settings plugin writes the 'equalizer' NVS key when the player comes online, so it doesn't matter what values were in that key at boot - as soon as the player connects to LMS it gets the correct settings from the plugin, and updates the NVS key.

My question concerns the behaviour if there's no LMS available - e.g. if taken elsewhere for use as an Airplay or bluetooth device. If the device had previously been connected to LMS, then the equaliser settings should still be in NVS, so those settings should apply to Airplay or bluetooth playback.

But there seems to be an issue with negative values of the slider settings. The string that's recalled from the NVS key seems to show some odd characters. For example, equaliser settings of

Code:
    -1,5,3,0,-2,-2,0,5,8,5
    show up in the NVS editor as

Code:
    -0/,05,03,00,-0.,-0.,00,05,08,05
    If I manually edit that string, either in the NVS editor or by downloading the config and uploading an edited version, the displayed string reverts to the version with the odd values.

So I'm wondering whether this is simply a display problem, i.e. the negative values are correctly stored but merely displayed wrongly in the NVS editor and in the downloaded configuration, or are negative values being stored wrongly? If the latter, it would not be a problem with LMS use since the plugin updates the values anyway, but outside of LMS it could be a problem.
    I was clearly out of my mind when I wrote the code to store EQ. Should be corrected now (build in progress)
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I was clearly out of my mind when I wrote the code to store EQ. Should be corrected now (build in progress)
    Crikey, that was quick! Thanks Philippe.

I am trying to setup a speaker with a WROVER ESP32 module, most things are working well so far, however I have a question on the gpio amp function. I am trying to use it to toggle a mute IO that exists on my audio amplifier chip. in the NVS editor I did "set_gpio: 27=amp:0". I would expect that the gpio27 would be set to a high level until audio is played then it would go low. However I can not get the IO to transition from high to low, it stays always high. If I set amp:1 then the opposite happens. Is there something I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by rgrandy View Post
    I am trying to setup a speaker with a WROVER ESP32 module, most things are working well so far, however I have a question on the gpio amp function. I am trying to use it to toggle a mute IO that exists on my audio amplifier chip. in the NVS editor I did "set_gpio: 27=amp:0". I would expect that the gpio27 would be set to a high level until audio is played then it would go low. However I can not get the IO to transition from high to low, it stays always high. If I set amp:1 then the opposite happens. Is there something I am missing?
    There is a timeout before that gpio is toggled which is 30s by default. You can change that by adding/changing "-C <timeout>" on the autoexec1 command line
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I've been playing with a Raspiaudio Proto board. I have loaded Raspiaudio's pre-configured .bin file for SqueezeESP32, and it all works well. I did an OTA update to I2S-4MFlash.16.960.master and after I reconfigured the DAC settings to match those in the .bin file it still works.

I have a rotary encoder and a small SPI ST7789 display working.

Name:  IMG_0770.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  236.3 KB

I've been experimenting with the options for the display, and there's one aspect that isn't working intuitively. I have the 'Screensaver when playing' set to the default of 'Now Playing', but as soon as the screensaver activates the screen goes blank. If I use the rotary encoder to change the volume, the display comes back for as long as the screensaver delay, then it goes blank again. The only way to prevent this blanking is to set the screensaver delay to 0 seconds, which I assume disables it.

I tried 'Analogue VU Meter' as an alternative to 'Now Playing', and although it doesn't change the blanking behaviour, the odd thing is that the display changes to the VU meter immediately while playing, without waiting for the screensaver delay (and when the delay elapses it goes blank). From my recollection of using the screensaver on other players, I thought the setting for the screensaver only replaces the 'Now Playing' screen after the screensaver delay elapses, but maybe I'm wrong on that point.

So is this behaviour normal under ESP32? Is there something else I should configure to prevent the display from blanking after the screensaver delay elapses.

Esp32 a1s board I made with built in pam amp

reddit dot com/r/esp32/comments/shdmoh/esp32_a1s_with_headphone_jack_and_pam_speaker_amp

Remove NVS entry

So... I've been fiddling with 2 ESP32 Audio Kits and after fighting with the DAC settings.

Thanks a lot for this project. It is unbelievable !!! The more I discover it, the more I'm impressed buy what you could get out an ESP32 !!!

I'm now trying to get the buttons working.
    Reading the doc, I used the NVS editor to create a 'button' configuration.
    Unfortunately, I named it 'button' instead of 'buttons'.

My question at this stage is: How can one remove an NVS entry created by mistake ?