Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 115 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1250
    Quote Originally Posted by jofland View Post
    @philippe_44 : Is this button config from https://github.com/sle118/squeezelit...E.md#esp32-a1s confirmed to be working with an ES8388 audio kit board? Does especially key6 on gpio 5 work?

Code:
    [{"gpio":5,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_TOGGLE"}},{"gpio":18,"pull":true,"shifter_gpio":5,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_VOLUP"}, "shifted":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_NEXT"}}, {"gpio":23,"pull":true,"shifter_gpio":5,"normal":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_VOLDOWN"},"shifted":{"pressed":"ACTRLS_PREV"}}]
    I am asking because my key6 does not work. With the config above key6 seems to be pressed all the time. The other keys (5 and 4) react as if they were shiftet all the time. If I change the toggle key to key3 aka gpio 19 the config above works as expected.

Gpio 5 is already used for the dac, see

Code:
    dac_config: model=ES8388,bck=5,ws=25,do=26,sda=18,scl=23,i2c=16
    I think there is a conflict at gpio 5. How can we get rid of it?
    The problem is that they have no proper documentation and their schematics are mostly inconsistent garbage. We had to guess use of GPIO5 for SCLK (DAC) because sometimes schematics says 5, sometimes 27. So I have no idea where Key 6 is connected on that new A1S module that has ES8388. It might still be to GPIO5 in which case well ... it's unusable if you use DAC
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I have had a report that SqueezeAMP displaying of station logo when the image comes from plugin/LMS rather than from a remote web site is not working.

I do not have a display on my SqueezeAMPs to try this out.

To repeat it try using Radio Now Playing plugin and play one of the Českř rozhlas stations.
    It should try to access something like ...
    http://<lmsip>:9000/plugins/RadioNowPlaying/html/images/croddur.png

Forum post that reported it
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1036317

I don't know if the issue is my png file or that it is is hosted by LMS ... or something else.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I donĺt like the idea of using GPIO0 as I need it for other purpose on some designs and I also intend to make some other development adding Ethernet and I know there are some difficulties there with gpio0.
    I noticed that you added the mck option to dac_config, and thought I would give it a shot on my Merus board. It works! I can now run at a 44.1khz sample rate.
    I can work around the lack of a separate MCLK, so if this changes I'm still good.

Thanks!

Mike

Ethernet

I've been able to make squeezelite-esp32 work with wired ethernet, using this crazy expensive module https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32858432526.html. There is more refactoring work required of course as a few bits of the code expect to be in WiFi mode and probably some logic needs to be added to make sure that fallback in WiFi happens if Ethernet does not work, but the good news is that it works and of course the CPU is a fair bit lower with WiFi being idle.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I've been able to make squeezelite-esp32 work with wired ethernet, using this crazy expensive module
    Great news, Philippe!

I've been able to make squeezelite-esp32 work with wired ethernet, using this crazy expensive module https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32858432526.html.
    Impressive - could this mean that a more powerful (stable) ESP32 squeezelite system could be conceived that employs two ESPs, one for WiFi and for the Codec?

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    Impressive - could this mean that a more powerful (stable) ESP32 squeezelite system could be conceived that employs two ESPs, one for WiFi and for the Codec?
    You can buy a Pi zero for the price of two esp boards. What would you see as the advantage to that?

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    I'm not sure I'm following. If you need more power, why not then using a Pi?

I'm not sure I'm following. If you need more power, why not then using a Pi?
    Just musing.
    I still encounter occasional short dropouts when playing music and suspect flakey Wifi. A second esp could maybe take care of that.

Sure, a pi works. But I enjoy the fast boot time of the ESP and the fact I can power it off without thinking.

Xiaomi Gateway as ESP32 Squeezelite Player

I had a crazy idea to convert an old Xiaomi Gateway into a squeezelite.

First you need another plate:
    https://github.com/egony/MODKAM-XIAOMI-GATEWAY/wiki

Just add a max98357a to it. Adjust flash and change dac_config:
    dac_config: model=I2S,bck=12,ws=26,do=25,i2c=106,sda=18,scl=23

The gateway has a built-in RGB LED ring that can be controlled by PWM.
    My question is, can the GPIOs be configured to control it and possibly via CLI to control it from Home Assistant?

Name:  photo_2021-11-05_10-57-03.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  96.9 KB